• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Samuri's *UN*Official SlyPlayer(tm) Thread

But, without bumping the thread, the developers might have completely forgotten about SlyPlayer! By bumping it, the developers are now reminded to continue working on it. Makes perfect sense to me! :rolleyes:

If the fine people at Slysoft are really working on this project, it would be nice to see an early beta release soon.

Just imagine the firestorm of interest you would see on all the HTPC related forums.

Just remember....SlyPlayer is not the only project they're working on right now. :)

Yes from what I've read a HD version of Clone DVD is priority.

SlyPlayer would give a hudge boost to AnyDVD HD and Clone DVD *HD* sales, but I'm sure they know that already.

As I have said elsewhere, I would be very nervous about Slysoft releasing a half-baked version of SlyPlayer e.g. that cannot display BD menus at all or not java menus. That could be the worst of all possible worlds as I am sure there is more the commercial players could do to block playback with AnyDVD/.isos, or at least turn things into an irritating game of cat and mouse, if Slysoft became a direct competitor.

SlyPlayer could be great but it needs to be done right so I understand them taking their time.

Would you need to pay licensing fees to use Java?

I'm not a fan of Java its a shame you would need to run Java.

Java's pretty open. You shouldn't have to pay any licensing fees for it. :confused: It's a language after all.

I don't know the answer to that, but I don't think so as Slysoft have previously said their plan was to allow full menu support.

The trouble is many BD's use Java menus. I would even go so far, without any real evidence, just a gut feel(! James will probably correct me), to say most. I think it would be very dangerous and detrimental to BD playback on a PC for Slysoft to go head to head with the commercial players without being able to offer a comparable BD experience.

Last edited:
There are....complications with running the java code, however. If you're expecting that, then SlyPlayer is going to be later than you realize. You guys also need to understand that it's not like SlySoft is writing this with full specs sitting in front of them. :) They're having to work out the details on their own. And they've done a lot of that (clearly, as AnyDVD HD works well) already. But, the java code presents.....um, challenges. :)

Yes, I can see the challenges. But personally it makes me nervous releasing "half a product". I would prefer to have three "kind of working" commercial players that give the full BD experience and choose the one that works best for me, than have Slysoft launch too early, get into an escalating war with those commercial companies, yet have something that is not so much better than the .m2ts playback we already have with open source players; At least something that is far from "complete".

I can't tell you how Cyberlink will respond, but, I can tell you how ArcSoft will. They will do absolutely....nothing. They don't care. Their position is that SlyPlayer will serve a different market than TMT. And they're right. Now, if SlySoft were getting into the OEM business, THEN ArcSoft might care. They don't see it as competition for their main business. (Hint...retail is NOT their main business) So SlyPlayer's impact, at least there, is non-existent. I wouldn't worry too much.

Fair comment. And it is also true that a product that does not do much more than mpc-hc is less of a threat anyway!

new info on this project:

Slyplayer3D, est. releasedate 30 december 2011!!

:D:D:D

I agree with SamuriHL. Since Slyplayer will require AnyDVD HD and Reclock perhaps to function, it will not be a direct competitor to other players.

I looked at the feature request list on the first post and might I say it is slowly evolving slyplayer into an operating system. Slysoft Operating System (SOS). :D

Maybe it's cause they're hard at work and there's nothing new to report? :)

Hard work usually yields results and results mean news. Even a hint that SlyPlayer is still being developed would be appreciated. :agree:

LOL, whatever gong82's comment in that thread is really very amusing.:D

Back