• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripit4me Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Ripit4Me lives. Looks like their new web page is http://www.ripit4me.com, which appears to still be in the works.

Why does everyone keep saying this without checking into it? A whois listing on this site shows that it was created WAY before ripit4me.org and doesn't appear to be related.

from http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/489017/2974868

janrocks said:
Direct answer to what happened.. The writer seems to have been warned under the DMCA for creating and distributing software designed to circumvent copy protection...

He has asked DD and others to just let it drop for the time being until the heat is off... or it goes to the courts.

This seems to support what many of us thought, but I dunno.

from http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/489017/2974868

This seems to support what many of us thought, but I dunno.

Thanks for the link, Webslinger. Some interesting reading. For now, yes, it's most definitely dead.

A simple "Legal problems" explanation which is all of 2 words would have been nice sooner. Instead the manner in which it was handled lead to possible conspiracy theories, etc.

I hope the program does have a rebirth down the road. That said... R.I.P.It4Me.

Edit: Mostly rewritten for the sake of brevity.

Last edited:
Just a question, is rippit4me is also called RI4M ?

In this case, the web site is here : http://www.ripp-it.com/
(the 4 is not for "for" but for the v4 of this program)

Else, sorry for my mistake :)

No, definitely not. That product, whatever it is, has nothing to do with ripit4me unfortunately.

No, definitely not. That product, whatever it is, has nothing to do with ripit4me unfortunately.

Ripp-it After Me...

Heck, the name doesn't even make sense to me. Rip It After Me? After I what? Rip It After I rip it myself? Isn't that redundant? Am I suppose to just let one rip first? :confused:

Hrm. Too much thinking. Next!! ;)

ROFLMAO! Yea, I looked at it for about 2 seconds, determined it wasn't what we wanted, and moved on.

This was copied from a questionable source but it sounds feasible and confirms the most logical scenario:

Ripit4me was taken down because it circumvented copyguard protection. The culprits were most likely Sony/Macrovision. The people involved in this recent legal action have had their computers seized and given gag orders not to talk about it as well as being told to continue posting on their respective forums which are know being monitored.
These raids took place in the UK, Austrilia, France,and the U.S.A. The main reason was to find the develeper of the PSL file code which effectively enabled DVDD to bypass any new copyguard brought into being.

Yes it will work until a new encryption comes out that it cannot handle. ;)

Yes it will work until a new encryption comes out that it cannot handle. ;)

Do not underestimate the power of that little gui. :) I believe it'll be able to rip new protections quite well. The issue I see is in the cleaning code. They built FixVTS into it but you can turn that functionality off and run (an updated) FixVTS process against the rip manually if needs be. Hence, I wouldn't count this thing out just yet.

Do not underestimate the power of that little gui. :) I believe it'll be able to rip new protections quite well. The issue I see is in the cleaning code. They built FixVTS into it but you can turn that functionality off and run (an updated) FixVTS process against the rip manually if needs be. Hence, I wouldn't count this thing out just yet.

How can you turn that functionality off and run (an updated) FixVTS process against the rip manually? where do you go to in ripit4me. do you uncheck 1 click mode or clean up vob's setting.

Last edited:
How can turn that functionality off and run (an updated) FixVTS process against the rip manually? where do you go to in ripit4me.

Go to the preferences screen and turn off all the cleaning options. Then you would download a new FixVTS.exe and run it on the rip. This is not currently needed but in the future it's possible you may have to do this.

Go to the preferences screen and turn off all the cleaning options. Then you would download a new FixVTS.exe and run it on the rip. This is not currently needed but in the future it's possible you may have to do this.
Thats what I would like to know, is FixVTS still going to be updated? I have not seen a post by anyone in any forum relating to this.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back