• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ripit4me Gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't want Macrovision coming to your house in the middle of the night. ;)

And do what? I didn't write the program. And given the kaleidascope ruling, I'm not sure they'd want to try taking people to court for backing up their legally purchased DVDs. Hence all they can do is threaten the people who write the software. HOWEVER, I'm not sure RipIt4Me itself had much to do with it. My personal guess, if this turns out to be more than an April Fool's joke, is that he got whacked for offering DVD Decrypter on his website.

Play "keep-away" with your HD-DVD player. I was joking by the way.

You may have been joking, but, the MPAA and the RIAA these days feel like they can do anything they want with immunity. More and more the courts are starting to get sick of it. I hope that trend continues, personally. People's rights are getting completely trampled on.

You may have been joking, but, the MPAA and the RIAA these days feel like they can do anything they want with immunity. More and more the courts are starting to get sick of it. I hope that trend continues, personally. People's rights are getting completely trampled on.

I agree. And I still wouldn't let Ripit4me connect to the internet (I was serious about that), and I don't even live in the U.S.

But I know that I would play keep away with your HD-DVD player. Then I think I would watch your movie collection and raid your fridge. :D

Last edited:
I agree. And I still wouldn't let Ripit4me connect to the internet (I was serious about that), and I don't even live in the U.S.

Yea, definitely turn off the update notification just as we had to do in DVD Decrypter way back when. Not that I use R4M very often...in fact, I hadn't updated it in MANY months until yesterday...but it's always good to have it in the arsenal. There are times when AnyDVD doesn't get immediately updated and this could be a handy alternative solution.

But I know that I would play keep away with your HD-DVD player. Then I think I would watch your movie collection and raid your fridge. :D

You b@$^@rd!!! :D

I know, and I don't even drink beer. I'll find and drink your expensive stuff. :D

If ripit4me has been targeted, then that's very unfortunate.

My bacardi and captain morgan? Oh *HELL* no! :D As for R4M, we'll find out tomorrow from what I've read. We'll see how it goes.

The day AFTER April Fools Day and no RipIt4Me............It seems the mystery is as over as the software.

Yea, it's not looking so good. I still haven't seen anything posted anywhere as to what's going on though.

The Admin over at Digital Digest said it wasn't an April Fools joke. He also mentioned he would have some info about the situation on Monday.

The Admin over at Digital Digest said it wasn't an April Fools joke. He also mentioned he would have some info about the situation on Monday.

Yea, but, they locked the thread on it over there and there has been no information at all as to what's going on with it. Not a promising sign.

Well if you want to get all technical, yes. I hope there is another program that arises that gives clean, compliant rips. Beause in a year or so time RipIt4Me may not be able to handle the new protection coming out. Give it a few months or so...

Last edited:
You mean like DVD Fab Decrypter HD free? :) It gives clean rips even on the latest Sony crap from what I've read. Personally I'll stick with AnyDVD, but, for those friends of mine that refuse to buy it I'll have to start recommending DVD Fab Decrypter. I mean, R4M will be fine for a while without updates. And hopefully if it needs to be updated, you can simply shut off the cleaning options and run FixVTS manually on the rip to clean it up.

There is more to it than just FixVTS. Chucking in a new version of FixVTS will not cure all problems with new protections.

EDIT: I'm not sure how clean and compliant DVDFab's rips are. I might give it a test sometime soon.

That was the part of "hopefully" I was referring to. :) Of course it does more than FixVTS, but, if we keep our fingers crossed, it won't need any updating for a while to handle new protections. Otherwise, yea, it'll be over for it. That would be a shame.

EDIT: I'm not sure how clean and compliant DVDFab's rips are. I might give it a test sometime soon.

Fengtao claims they are fully compliant and DVD Shrink users seems content with it. If you can satisfy them you've pretty much created the gold standard for compliance as far as I'm concerned. :)

Fengtao claims they are fully compliant and DVD Shrink users seems content with it. If you can satisfy them you've pretty much created the gold standard for compliance as far as I'm concerned. :)
I think if you asked them if DVDFab turned out a clean, compliant rip most of them would go, "huh?". No offense to those. DVDFab was designed for people with little know-how of DVD ripping to do simply that.

I think if you asked them if DVDFab turned out a clean, compliant rip most of them would go, "huh?". No offense to those. DVDFab was designed for people with little know-how of DVD ripping to do simply that.

Snikes. Well, you can always give it a shot. It doesn't take long to rip with it and see if it'll open with Shrink. I don't have time to test that theory right now.

I use DVDFab Platinum (DVDFab Decrypter with all the extras) and it has no problems with the Sony crap and I get excellent quality backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back