• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved: Update virus definitions] AVG confirmed false positive with AnyDVD 6.5.4.4

I'm not speaking for Slysoft since I cannot. I'm simply speaking for myself. I find this entire situation ludicrous. We've now gone from a virus detection and warning to AVG having an agenda to stop developers from using a protection that encrypts executables which is protecting their software. What next?

Apologies for my two cents but Slysoft (who I respect and from whom I have purchased 4 different programs) might be falling into the same category of Sony-likes with their infamous Music CDs in 2005, flooding users' computers with rk-crap to avoid being defeated by the adversary. I do not certainly like that, I'm sorry to say. Or at least, I should be warned before installing the product. Then it is my own decision if I want to have Themida sh.t in my machine or not.

Last edited:
yesterday i input the exceptions for anydvd, today i uploaded a download for avg8.5 and then abydvd44 thinking that avg had fixed this problem, wrong, but now the fix for exceptions does not work either. help im at a loss as to what to do. i tried downloading avg again and typed in the exception but nothing works, any ideas? Thanks:mad:

I have AVG 8.5.323 and I have tried disabling Resident Shield and Web Shield. It won't let you disable everything, there is no settings to disable the the main anti-virus. When the box pops up on the save file scan the window header says

AVG plug-in for Microsoft Office

I feel stupid but this is just crazy to go through trying to do a simple update :mad:

Don't feel stupid—ditto—it appears you can't turn AVG off!

I just posted a message on the AVG site but I'm not optimistic—the last time I posted a message I never heard from them—and I am a commercial-version user

Don't feel stupid—ditto—it appears you can't turn AVG off!

I just posted a message on the AVG site but I'm not optimistic—the last time I posted a message I never heard from them—and I am a commercial-version user

Then uninstall AVG. If you'll look through the AnyDVD threads, there are many dealing with this exact same subject. ALL of them have been with AVG. ALL of them are false positives. People with NOD32, Norton, McAfee, etc are not having these issues.

If you have a paid version, after you install AnyDVD, you can install AVG again.

Virus warning

I just reloaded to old version 6.5.4.0 and it now shows up on my program tray. try that out and see if it works, until the problem gets fixed?

I'm sorry but I am not uninstalling my Anti Virus protection to update Anydvd. I just won't do an update till one of the companies resolve this issue. If slysoft cares about its customers it will contact AVG and let them know of the issue since we can not seem to contact them without having to pay. Many many people use the free edition of AVG so it would be in Slysofts best interest to help get this resolved. Asking people to uninstall a major anti virus program and reinstall is a bit over the top and not a very secure method. Not to mention what if some how a virus did get into this build or one of there builds down the line. It wouldn't be the first time a major company accidentally infected all there customers. It's happened many times before. So making an exception for this isn't a great idea either.

I never uninstalled 6.5.4.0 so I still have that and it's working fine. I got an email this morning since I paid for this and get an email whenever there is an update. So I tried installing it and came into this problem. I will just use 6.5.4.0 until they resolve it or the next version comes out and try that.

I never uninstalled 6.5.4.0 so I still have that and it's working fine. I got an email this morning since I paid for this and get an email whenever there is an update. So I tried installing it and came into this problem. I will just use 6.5.4.0 until they resolve it or the next version comes out and try that.

This isn't a Slysoft issue it is an AVG issue.

If slysoft cares about its customers it will contact AVG

I disagree. While I don't work for Slysoft, Slysoft is not responsible for bugs and false positives in antivirus products. The vast majority of antivirus programs are not triggering false positives with Anydvd. And frankly, if an antivirus program doesn't let me use legitimate programs in the manner I want to, then as far as I'm concerned the antivirus program has become the malware.

Last edited:
AVG false positive

My anti-virus program (AVG) indicates that the latest update to ANY DVD has a virus. After I moved it to the virus vault, the program will no longer load.

Nope stay away from that like a thorn. I use Kaspersky Internet Security.

Virus in 6.5.4.4 update ?

I have AVG Free 8.5 on my notebook computer and when I run SetupAnyDVD6544 it tells me that there is a virus (Thermida?) in Any DVD System Tray, which it automatically removes.
Subsequently the system tray doesn't load on boot, and AnyDVD itself wont run.
I'm assuming this is a false poitive from AVG.
Does anyone have any advice for me to overcome the problem?

Virus Threat detected of AnyDVD 6.5.4.4

I downloaded the latest version of AnyDVD: 6.5.4.4. I did not:disagree: " Run", install it.
:mad:"Win32/Themida " was detected by AVG.:mad:
Well, perhaps, I will just skip this one update alltogether and wait for the next update 'cause I really do not know what else to do.:)

So fine let Slysoft ignore the issue and potentially loose thousands of customers. End users with AVG will download the anydvd, see the virus, and not be able to use it since there is no way to disable it. Most people will not uninstall an anti virus program. Especially people that have been using AVG for several years with no issues or people that are not be computer smart enough to trouble shoot an issue like that.

I'm just saying it's in there best issue in the long run to help figure this out or it's slysofts bottom line that will be hurt in the end even if it is AVG's fault.

The next update will have Themida in it too as it is a protection means for slysoft and it is only AVG that detects this as a virus no other anti virus software shows this. Contact AVG for a fix.

Solution to this issue is to contact AVG and get them to release an update to not trigger this.

Back