• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved: Update virus definitions] AVG confirmed false positive with AnyDVD 6.5.4.4

So fine let Slysoft ignore the issue and potentially loose thousands of customers. End users with AVG will download the anydvd, see the virus, and not be able to use it since there is no way to disable it. Most people will not uninstall an anti virus program.

You don't need to uninstall it. Simply create an exception. Or use something else, frankly.

Especially people that have been using AVG for several years with no issues

AVG has a moderately high false positive detection rate in general and, as a result, only received a "standard" ranking in AV Comparatives' February 2009 report:
http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/ondret/avc_report21.pdf

If people use products that are known for triggering false positives, then people shouldn't be surprised when situations like this occur.

If you really want to see this situation improve, then follow the instructions outlined here:
http://freeforum.avg.com/read.php?4,104930,backpage=,sv=

Last edited:
You can't contact AVG unless you use the paid version. They only support paying customers. Most people on home computers use the free version.

So yes existing customers of Slysoft that know and trust the company can decide which one they want to trust and if they want to uninstall avg or switch anti virus software but new customers that are looking for a product like this and have AVG will not be able to use this product as of now and there for will not purchase it. So its money lost unless they help fix it. That's all I am saying.

I'm not really worried about me now, I have no issues with the last version of Anydvd and am able to backup stuff still so until I start having issues with the old version I'll let it be. Just giving my opinion above. It's like making a company web site. You want to get as many customers as you can so you want to make sure it works with all the various browser versions out there. Yes some wont work right with the standards. So do you tell people stop using Firefox or Chrome or Safari or do you help make it compatible or contact those companies to help fix it so you have a broader customer base in the end and not loose potential customers.

So with that in mind, I say AVG is completely right to leave this detection in their program.

So, AVG is doing something right by triggering a false positive, and the vast majority of other antivirus programs that don't trigger a false positive with Anydvd are doing something wrong? :confused:

Themida

From other blogs I've looked at Themida is a packing software that is added to programs to deter reverse engineering and keep software stable. Hackers use it to keep their viruses from being detected. It seems that AVG has a legit reason to sheild against Themida and Slysoft has a reason to use it. Since I'm posting on Slysoft I hope they can find a way to keep from using Themida since it is probably not absolutely necessary for their software.

Thanks for that contact link. I searched all over there site and could only find the area where you had to put in a paid serial number or pay them $49.95 for phone support. I didn't come across that link. I sent them an email with the full problem we are having. Hopefully they will resolve it in there next update.

It seems that AVG has a legit reason to sheild against Themida

Only if a virus or trojan actually exists . . . In this case, it doesn't. Given the vast majority of antivirus products do not trigger a false positive with Anydvd, the fault here lies squarely with AVG.

Last edited:
Yea if this was the case you are trying to state that AVG is the top most best and I have to disagree.

Yea if this was the case you are trying to state that AVG is the top most best and I have to disagree. :mad:

I'm not saying AVG is the best but it is one of the good free scanners. Everyone has there own opinions on web browsers and virus scanners and there own reasons for using them. All I was saying is many people use AVG and will get this problem. It could hurt a company to loose potential customers because of something like this with such a popular scanner as AVG. I have used AVG for several years. I have used Slysoft for almost as long as well. So I'm not blaming either, they are both good companies and just hopefully it gets fixed that's all.

I have AVG Free 8.5 on my notebook computer and when I run SetupAnyDVD6544 it tells me that there is a virus (Thermida?) in Any DVD System Tray, which it automatically removes.
Subsequently the system tray doesn't load on boot, and AnyDVD itself wont run.
I'm assuming this is a false poitive from AVG.
Does anyone have any advice for me to overcome the problem?

Sure. It's a false positive

Click http://freeforum.avg.com/read.php?4,104930,backpage=,sv= to report the bug to AVG.

yesterday i input the exceptions for anydvd, today i uploaded a download for avg8.5 and then abydvd44 thinking that avg had fixed this problem, wrong, but now the fix for exceptions does not work either. help im at a loss as to what to do. i tried downloading avg again and typed in the exception but nothing works, any ideas? Thanks:mad:

Report the false positive to AVG: click http://freeforum.avg.com/read.php?4,104930,backpage=,sv=

I have decided not to update.

I know this is my problem and perhaps uninteresting for slysoft but I opt to not install the themida "wonder-protection".

Not when you tell AVG to fix their issue or get avast free antivirus.

Fix

Make exception in RS (C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\) in AVG. - EXIT out of AVG @ tray icon - download update - restart computer...

Last edited:
I have decided not to update.

Conversely, I have made a conscious decision to avoid antivirus software that limits me from doing what I want. In other words, I try to avoid situations where antivirus programs become malware.

Back