• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved: Update virus definitions] AVG confirmed false positive with AnyDVD 6.5.4.4

Getting around with AVG and anydvd

1. Open avg antivirus program.
2. Click on the top where it says tools.
3. Advanced Settings
4. Left tab click on Resident Shield and then click on "Exceptions"
5. Click on "Add Path"
6. Then navigate to c:/programfiles/slysoft and click ok
You're basically adding slysoft entire folder as the exception.
This will avoid future problems of avg warning you that anydvd has a virus.

Thanks for your time, and I hope this helps out.

Additionally, please report this false positive to AVG. AVG users would be far better served by doing so. Thank you

AVG false positive

i have been using anydvd for about 5 years and have never had a problem. now when i try the beta 41 or 42 after downloading and restarting it no longer fuctions. i cannot get the anydvd icon in my tray nor can i start any dvd from the program icon. i have reverted to 40 and evrything is fine. im just trying to let you know of a potential problem.It may be my problem, but i dont have the foggist idea. i use wxp sp3 and like i say this is the first time no funtion, que pasa. thanks for listening.
:mad:
Bill Calkins

are you sure your antivirus is not quaranteening anydvdtray.exe AVG has been having a False Positive with 41 & 42

Last edited by a moderator:
AVG found Virus in 6.5.4.1 and and 6.5.4.3

:bang: I do not know if this is where I should post this,but here it goes! I have been downloading all the interum updates and have always been very happy with them. Until ANYDVD 6.5.4.1 beta. During my weekly scans AVG Identified the ANYDVD TRAY and 6.5.4.1 as being infected by virus "WIN32/THEMIDA" as I lost my reg key once by a virus I thought I had better let people know (and first of all a moderator). I am a firm supporter of all ANYDVD products! But anyone and anything can get infected by a virus. I can provide to a moderator upon request a pdf file showing the results. I am only trying to be helpful here. I am also downloading 6.5.4.2.

:bang: I do not know if this is where I should post this,but here it goes! I have been downloading all the interum updates and have always been very happy with them. Until ANYDVD 6.5.4.1 beta. During my weekly scans AVG Identified the ANYDVD TRAY and 6.5.4.1 as being infected by virus "WIN32/THEMIDA" as I lost my reg key once by a virus I thought I had better let people know (and first of all a moderator). I am a firm supporter of all ANYDVD products! But anyone and anything can get infected by a virus. I can provide to a moderator upon request a pdf file showing the results. I am only trying to be helpful here. I am also downloading 6.5.4.2.

You need to update your signatures for AVG and make sure you are using the latest version of AVG. If you still encounter a problem then you need to contact AVG and let them know of the issue. Submit the files that are flagged as infected. This is not a virus and AVG is wrongly labeling it as one.

This has been discussed previously in the forums.

I recommend contacting AVG but in the meantime you can do the following to install and use AnyDVD: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29770

Last edited:
Found Virus in 6.5.4.3 also

:bang: After posting my message about the virus in 6.5.4.1, I downloaded 2 and 3 beta's. 6.5.4.2 passed the scan, but 3 failed! Same virus, but more active. I had not run it yet, but it had already made a hidden directory. As before I have pdf file for moderator.

Ok!

My AVG is updated! I will contact AVG as you suggest. I still will treat it as a virus personally. The last time slysoft told me it was a false positive it stole my reg key that was sold on the internet, and got me blacklisted for awhile! I want to assure you, even though I am listed as a junior member, I Know computers well. I built my first personal computer in 1981. I am also a A+ certified Computer Tech, but I am never to old to learn.

Read your message

Went to the article you listed and recorded it for use. Will submit to AVG. Will get back to you on this, if AVG says it's not a false positive. Otherwise I will just implement your instructions. Thank you for your help! The speed of your reply to my message shows an extremely well run and supervised forum! I am very happy that I am a member. Have a very good day!

no im not sure, i dont get ant error message at all. if it was a false would i not get an ereror message?? Thanks for the response

It's possible that something is preventing the software from starting. This doesn't sound like a false-positive.

Try completely uninstalling AnyDVD, rebooting, downloading AnyDVD 6.5.4.3 beta (http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6543.exe), installing the AnyDVD 6.5.4.3 beta, and then rebooting again.

When you uninstall the software you will be asked if you wish to keep the registration information in the registry. You want to keep it. I also suggest making sure you have a backup of your original license key somewhere.

Themida is a anti-crack, anti-piracy packer for programs. Also it is used for hackers to pack viruses and trojans. That is the reason that some antivirus detect legitime programs packed with Themida as win32 themida. I dont know if Slysoft use themida in their programs

Last edited:
afaik they recently switched to using themida.. i think there was another post about it...

All of the above has been tried including now 43, it does not work for me as soon as i go back to 40 everything i all right, this bugs me but it not life threatining, although any help will be apprecaited

:mad: I did as instructed and your absolutly correct. i do get an error from avg8.5. it says virus detected win32/themeda/slysoft anydvd/anydvdtray.exe.
I guess i need to talk to avg!!! thank you for your help, it is obvious that it is not an anydvd problem. i did exit the avg program but it still didnt work, anyway its not an anydvd problem.

add c:\program files\slysoft\ to the excluded paths (advanced settings, resident sheild, exceptions) and you're good to go.

Themida is encryption that protects executables so nothing can tell what's in them. Slysoft and other vendors use it to protect their code from getting patched or cracked. Malware writers use it to protect their code from getting scanned and detected by anti malware programs.

AVG is saying with it detects Themida, "There's Themida encryption on this file, so I am unable to properly scan its code. It's your call if you want to run this."

Personally I don't agree with it. It's a completely unnecessary complication with no benefit whatsoever to the end user. I do realize that software publishers want to protect their code, but pirates usually find ways around it. Software publishers should find more ways to create incentive for people to buy their products, rather than adopting an attitude toward their customers that says, "You might be a pirate, therefore we will assume that you must be a pirate."

So with that in mind, I say AVG is completely right to leave this detection in their program. The only way they can really "fix" this is to create some sort of white list, and they definitely aren't going to want to take the time and expense to maintain one, especially since it won't even work on freshly released software.

If Slysoft is sick of hearing complaints that their programs are being detected by some virus scanners, they should remove Themida encryption.

Just my opinion.

Back