• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Dragonball Evolution (Russia) doesn't play with Anydvd enabled

For some reason I recalled this story: :)

On a side of a highway, a Very Rich Man sits in the driver's seat of his brand new Mercedes S600, trying to start the engine. It doesn't start. He gets off the car, walks around it, kicking wheels' tyres on his way. Gets back into the car. Tries to start the engine again, without success. He then takes a cloth, gets off the car again and wipes down the windscreen. The engine still doesn't start. He cleans lights too. Still no luck. Sits thoughtful, what else to do. Another rich man drives by, sees him, stops his car and looks out of the window with the intention to help.
- Hi! What happened?!
- The engine doesn't start...
- Did you try kicking tyres?
- Yes, I did.
- Did you wipe the windscreen?
- Yes.
- Did you clean lights?
- Yes.
- Hmm... Strange... I don't know why the engine doesn't start, then...

This has no relevance to my comment as installing the latest version of Java has been proven in the past to fix problems for people as has updating to the latest builds of PDVD.
I find it strange that you ask for help, but when someone gives a few things to try you just ignore the advice even though it's been proven to fix issues in the past

I find it strange that you ask for help, but when someone gives a few things to try you just ignore the advice even though it's been proven to fix issues in the past

I actually did almost everything I was asked to. Installed latest PDVD 8 which I had lived happily without, for example. Webslinger even thanked me for testing. :)

But Java... I really don't see how this might help. It could, theoretically, in case of a particular player software due to some bug so that it looked into files of system-wide Java instead of its own. But when virtually all available software don't play the disc, the probability that installing Java might help is very close to zero, imho. And I don't want one more rarely used program in my system as well.

Sorry if my previous comment offended you in any way. :bowdown: But I find the story by itself very funny though. :)

Have you tried selecting selecting in PowerDVD's preferences "connect to the internet when certification is not valid" (or something like that)?

Well, since no one is responding to me, I'm removing this disc from this thread: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29820

I suspect checking that option in Powerdvd 9 will work.

Hi Webslinger!

You removed it from the list too early. I checked the disc today, and it still does not play when AnyDVD is enabled. I checked in PowerDVD 8.0.3228.50 and WinDVD BD for VAIO 8.0.20.84 with AnyDVD 6.6.0.3. The behaviour is the same as before.

Hi Webslinger!

You removed it from the list too early. I checked the disc today, and it still does not play when AnyDVD is enabled. I checked in PowerDVD 8.0.3228.50 and WinDVD BD for VAIO 8.0.20.84 with AnyDVD 6.6.0.3. The behaviour is the same as before.

Have you tried selecting in PowerDVD 9's preferences "connect to the internet when certification is not valid" (or something like that)?

As far as I can tell this is a Powerdvd 8 and Windvd bug.

Let's get some updated/real programs to test this: TMT 3 platinum and Powerdvd 9 Ultra.

I've already got enough evidence to suggest to me that Windvd is an absolute bugfest.

And if Powerdvd 8 doesn't have the option I'm mentioning, that may be one explanation for why it's not working (I don't know; I uninstalled Powerdvd 8 a long time ago).

Last edited:
I don't have PowerDVD 9 or TMT. Just a few days ago stopped using PDVD 7.3.4617a (it didn't play Australian "Braveheart"), and switched to PDVD 8. :) Latest PowerDVD 8 works fine for me so far. They fixed audio configuration issues which were present in many updates after 2217a.
Also, I don't think the setting you mentioned is relevant, as the disc does not play even when the only option selected in AnyDVD is "Enable Blu-ray support". Also it has very simple menu, so it is extremely unlikely it tries to access the internet at any stage at all.

> As far as I can tell this is a Powerdvd 8 and Windvd bug.

Both programs (plus PDVD 7) perfectly play this disc with AnyDVD disabled though! It means it is AnyDVD bug. :)

Last edited:
Also, I don't think the setting you mentioned is relevant, as the disc does not play even when the only option selected in AnyDVD is "Enable Blu-ray support".

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=228982&postcount=1

then click http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=229356&postcount=8

Both programs (plus PDVD 7) perfectly play this disc with AnyDVD disabled though! It means it is AnyDVD bug.

I believe it means those programs can't handle properly decrypted discs under certain conditions.
If the disc can be demuxed and remuxed without any problems after using Anydvd HD, that means it's been decrypted.

And I've seen Windvd mess up horribly recently where Arcsoft TMT worked perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Not applicable here!

The first link says the disc plays a bit then stops, while "Dragonball Evolution" does not even start.

The second link says the disc can be played by PDVD 7 and 8, but not 9. And here the PDVD 9's option you mentioned helped to fix it. "Dragonball Evolution" is not played by any player I tried with AnyDVD enabled.

EDIT: I might try to do what you say on weekend. Does Arcsoft still provide a trial of TMT3?

Last edited:
Not applicable here!

The first link says the disc plays a bit then stops, while "Dragonball Evolution" does not even start.

AzatH said:
"PowerDVD 9 and TotalMedia Theatre 2.1.6.130 don't reproduce a disk.
Reproduction begins and at once stops"

So playback does begin with Powerdvd 9, but then it stops.

The second link says the disc can be played by PDVD 7 and 8, but not 9.

Yes, that's true. But I still wonder if this isn't some sort of player bug.

And here the PDVD 9's option you mentioned helped to fix it.

Yes. That's the entire point. "connect to the internet when certification is not valid" worked.

Nothing that I suggested worked. He found his own solution. :eek:

"Dragonball Evolution" is not played by any player I tried with AnyDVD enabled.

I'm asking if the "connect to the internet when certification is not valid" works in Powerdvd 9 with this disc. I'm also asking if Arcsoft TMT 3 Ultra works.

Last edited:
Downloading TMT3 now. So maybe I will test the disc with it very soon...

AzatH probably means that players try to begin playback - they rotate teh disc, read soem data from it etc. But no picture appears at all. They just refuse to play it without telling anything.

Yes, .m2ts files on a disc are decrypted (not sure if all of them are decrypted though, but the main movie one is), but the disc does not play as a Blu-ray disc.

Yes, .m2ts files on a disc are decrypted (not sure if all of them are decrypted though, but the main movie one is), but the disc does not play as a Blu-ray disc.

This disc does not make any sense at all. I wish Peer had it. :(

Anyway, if the disc still won't play with TMT3 Ultra, I'll add the disc back to the list.

Last edited:
Just checked in TMT3: doesn't play. The behaviour is the same as with other players. Also, I prepared a 200 MB .zip file with all the files from the disc except main movie .m2ts. I can upload it for Peer to check if you tell me how to do that. But tomorrow - have to go now.

Just checked in TMT3: doesn't play. The behaviour is the same as with other players. Also, I prepared a 200 MB .zip file with all the files from the disc except main movie .m2ts. I can upload it for Peer to check if you tell me how to do that. But tomorrow - have to go now.

Yes, upload it please (not the original, but the decrypted files with AnyDVD set to default settings).

Also, I'd like an AnyDVD log that's not made with an ancient version of AnyDVD.

Yes, upload it please (not the original, but the decrypted files with AnyDVD set to default settings).

Also, I'd like an AnyDVD log that's not made with an ancient version of AnyDVD.

AnyDVD HD: 6.6.0.3
BDPHASH : http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/BDPHash.bin

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Also, I prepared a 200 MB .zip file with all the files from the disc except main movie .m2ts. I can upload it for Peer to check if you tell me how to do that.

I don't know. 200 mb is in excess of forum file sizes. Send a private message to Peer. Perhaps he has an alternative in mind.

I've PMed SuperGoof the FTP details for his 200mb file. You can also use PartCopy to give Peer a decent slice of the largest .m2ts too.

Yeah, FTP is better. I have just uploaded 2 files there: one is AnyDVD log, another - the content of the disc with AnyDVD running with default settings, as Peer requested. After I removed various duplicate backup files, the size of .zip file reduced to 108 MB. I used AnyDVD 6.6.0.3 with standard BDPHash: did not see Webslinger's post when I was creating those files.

If Peer still won't be able to figure out what the problem is, will send him the disc by mail. :)

Still doesn't work with 6.6.0.4. Peer, did you look at it at all yet? :)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.0.4_Info_D_DRAGONBALLEVOLUTIONEM.zip
    140.4 KB · Views: 6
Back