• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] Dragonball Evolution (Russia) doesn't play with Anydvd enabled

Same thing - the disc doesn't play. This disc doesn't seem to be region coded at all, btw...

Okay, what happens if you select "disable bd-live" (with "remove blu-ray region code" unchecked or not selected)?

If that doesn't work, then I'm out of suggestions (and, if that doesn't work, then there would seem to be some sort of issue with Anydvd with this disc).

Last edited:
You say it keeps telling you to update PDVD 7.3 from 4617a to the latest, have you actually tried doing that? It's quite possible that this disc won't play with out the latest build

You say it keeps telling you to update PDVD 7.3 from 4617a to the latest, have you actually tried doing that? It's quite possible that this disc won't play with out the latest build

AzHat says the original disc plays fine with Powerdvd 9--so long as Anydvd is disabled.

And Supergood says the original disc plays fine with WinDVD BD for VAIO (8.0 DXVA B09.754)--so long as Anydvd is disabled.

At this point I'm just wondering if selecting "disable bd-live" in Anydvd helps.

Well according to AzHat's logs he doesn't have PDVD installed at all.
And, as Supergoof can't get it to play in PDVD 7.3 even with AnyDVD HD disabled he may need to update to the latest to get this title to play anyway.
Also updating java is always a good one to try, especially when it's menu playback issues

Well according to AzHat's logs he doesn't have PDVD installed at all.
And, as Supergoof can't get it to play in PDVD 7.3 even with AnyDVD HD disabled he may need to update to the latest to get this title to play anyway.
Also updating java is always a good one to try, especially when it's menu playback issues

PowerDVD doesn't use any installed Java runtime, it comes with it's own (as do the other players).

If you have HDCP compliance, and a disc won't play when Anydvd is disabled, then it won't play when it's enabled either.

Well, that's not entirely true, as many discs will play on older players with AnyDVD on while they wouldn't without because those players either don't support the MKB version or can't handle the BD+.
Or even for other reasons:
Someone just let me know that his copy of Haunting in Ct will make his TMT 2.1.6.130 crash or hang, but will play fine when AnyDVD is enabled.

what happens if you select "disable bd-live" (with "remove blu-ray region code" unchecked or not selected)?

Just tried. Same thing - the disc doesn't play with either PDVD or WinDVD for VAIO. And this disc doesn't have any BD-Live. All it has is very simple top menu with language selections (and, as I said before, audio and subtitles cannot even be selected independently from each other). So, it's not a big deal it doesn't play (as a whole) with AnyDVD enabled, as soon as it decrypts properly (and it does). There is nothing there except the main movie anyway. :) But it's a matter of principle that it works. :) Also, maybe Fox came up here with some interesting programming feature which will be used in other titles in the future...

many discs will play on older players with AnyDVD on while they wouldn't without because those players either don't support the MKB version or can't handle the BD+.

Exactly! That's why I don't want to update PDVD 7.3.4617a for now. Not to 5105 anyway. Maybe they will release some better update which fixes 5105's issues with audio settings.

Peer, if you need some files from this disc for research, just let me know.

Last edited:
Peer, if you need some files from this disc for research, just let me know.

Thanks, but I guess, I'd need the whole disc to really get behind it.
...unless the JAR files tell me something more on their own.

PowerDVD doesn't use any installed Java runtime, it comes with it's own (as do the other players).
Updating to the latest Java has fixed problems with PDVD in the past, so although in theory it shouldn't need Java sometimes you have to update to get newer disc to work. This has been proven on a number of occasions when it comes to PDVD

SuperGoof said:
Exactly! That's why I don't want to update PDVD 7.3.4617a for now. Not to 5105 anyway. Maybe they will release some better update which fixes 5105's issues with audio settings.know.
I was just recommending it as a trial to see if then worked. I have some disc that just won't play on older version of PDVD whether I have AnyDVD HD running or not so I either have to use the latest build or make a 'movie only' disc (Or use TMT3 which so far works with everything I have)

Last edited:
Well, that's not entirely true, as many discs will play on older players with AnyDVD on while they wouldn't without because those players either don't support the MKB version or can't handle the BD+.
Or even for other reasons:
Someone just let me know that his copy of Haunting in Ct will make his TMT 2.1.6.130 crash or hang, but will play fine when AnyDVD is enabled.

I understand what you're saying, but if the user has HDCP compliance--and the disc won't play without Anydvd, then the commercial software player (with the exception of the Norwegian and French BD of The Day The Earth Stood Still 1951), as far as I'm concerned, is at fault. I'm unconvinced that it's Anydvd's function to fix the two limitations you mentioned for commercial software players. And, more importantly, as a troubleshooting technique, the user is going to be left scratching his or her head wondering if, for example, the player's java implementation is at fault or Anydvd. At some point, one needs to start narrowing down where the problem lies, and given HDCP compliance exists, the onus is on the commercial software player to function properly without Anydvd. But I do respect what you're saying.

Last edited:
So, it's not a big deal it doesn't play (as a whole) with AnyDVD enabled

In principle, I find that kind of disturbing, actually.

Your particular Powerdvd scenario (no offence) I don't really care about since the disc won't play when Anydvd is disabled either. But the Windvd scenario I find pretty troubling since the disc does play with Anydvd disabled.

Updating Java has worked for SamuriHL and Adbear in the past (I'm not sure exactly why, but . . .), so you may want to give that a shot.

Last edited:
OK, I installed PowerDVD 8, updated it to brand new 3017b patch, and when it finally started working at all (after a restart), it behaved with this disc the same way as WinDVD, e.g. played when AnyDVD was disabled, didn't play when it was enabled.

OK, I installed PDVD 8, updated it to brand new 3017b patch, and when it finally started working (after a restart), it behaved with this disc the same way as WinDVD, e.g. played when AnyDVD was disabled, didn't play when it was enabled.

O.k., that's bad news.

If you try updating java (http://www.java.com), and that still doesn't work, then I'm out of suggestions. Unfortunately, this situation will likely remain a mystery until Peer gets his hands on the disc.

I don't currently have Java installed at all (that is, standalone), so there is nothing to update! :)

Well, this is not a decryption problem. I am sure, that the disc can be post processed (remuxed).

Right. I'm not saying it's a decryption problem (I've changed the wording in the sticky to make it more clear that this disc is being decrypted properly). I'm just posting the info there, so others know to visit this thread when they experience the same issue.

Regardless, it's a bit disturbing (to me, anyway) when two Powerdvd versions and Windvd won't play this disc when Anydvd is enabled. Something weird is going on . . .

Last edited:
The fact that you don't have Java installed at all could be a reason why it's not working. It's not just SamuriHL and myself that have had the problem, there's been a few others we've suggested updating Java on their systems and then everything worked fine for them

For some reason I recalled this story: :)

On a side of a highway, a Very Rich Man sits in the driver's seat of his brand new Mercedes S600, trying to start the engine. It doesn't start. He gets off the car, walks around it, kicking wheels' tyres on his way. Gets back into the car. Tries to start the engine again, without success. He then takes a cloth, gets off the car again and wipes down the windscreen. The engine still doesn't start. He cleans lights too. Still no luck. Sits thoughtful, what else to do. Another rich man drives by, sees him, stops his car and looks out of the window with the intention to help.
- Hi! What happened?!
- The engine doesn't start...
- Did you try kicking tyres?
- Yes, I did.
- Did you wipe the windscreen?
- Yes.
- Did you clean lights?
- Yes.
- Hmm... Strange... I don't know why the engine doesn't start, then...

Last edited:
I fail to see how that story applies in this situation, SuperGoof.

I guess we'll have to wait for the public release of the movie to see if other people have a problem and maybe some of them have Java installed among other things so that we can compare the differences between the installations and what does and doesn't work.

I will say that Peer may be right about built-in Java implementation but I've seen users needing the latest version of Java to be installed for some BD-J discs to play correctly. It sounds odd but it's true.

Anyway, at this point I don't think there is all that much that can be done.

Last edited:
Back