• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolution question with AP

Thanks for assuring me that I was right about getting a better quality picture by downloading the higher resolutions. For a moment there, after reading some posts here and there, I thought they were trying to "inform" everyone that those were just exotic formats.
Well, some of the resolutions you may see aren't what anyone would consider normal. With streaming there are no standards. A given streaming provider can offer a given title in any resolution they choose. A good example is Amazon Prime right now. I've been downloading the current episode of NCIS Season 18 each week in 1920x1080. There are only 2 episodes left to air this season. Due to the recent changes on Amazon's end 1920x1080 streams aren't available to download via AnyStream at present. When going to download this week's episode the highest resolution available was 540p/24 (960x540). That's exactly half of 1920x1080. Very strange to me anyway. It did upscale nicely though. Just for kicks I encoded the video upscaling it to 1920x1080 as ultimately I'll be authoring the entire season to Blu-ray. It still looked pretty good. It looked a lot better than what I'd get with the given DVD release. Even so, push come to shove I'll purchase the last 3 episodes in 1920x1080 off iTunes if I have to. I've got a software application that works much like AnyStream, but for iTunes downloads. It will create a lossless DRM free version of a given iTunes video you've downloaded. The iTunes downloads, the file sizes are much smaller than the streams would be though, much lower bitrate. Being able to actually download and create a file from the given stream is the way to go. Looking forward to RedFox cracking the code. Looking forward to Amazon Prime 1920x1080 streams being available to download via AnyStream once again. I've got faith in RedFox just like I had faith in SlySoft. :p We've been here before. It's a never-ending cat and mouse game. That means the game is never over. RedFox will be back on top before we know it.

Last edited:
"The Shed" via Shudder on Amazon Prime interestingly enough can be downloaded at a reported oddball resolution of 1088 x 464

It's a lot of fun. There's still plenty of stock on the used market for anyone looking to kick it old school. I had around 885 DVD's at the time when I purchased my first Sony 400-disc DVD Player. This was during the early years of the DVD format. I purchased 3 of them initially and never looked back. (I purchased a lifetime license for DVD Profiler at the same time, the main cataloging software I still use to this day.) Over those early years I added 3 additional Sony 400-disc DVD Players prior to the start of the Blu-ray format. I purposely waited for a Sony 400-disc Blu-ray Player to be introduced before I started purchasing Blu-ray's. Figured why reinvent the wheel. I purchase a title on Blu-ray, catalog the disc(s) and drop them in one of my Sony 400-disc Blu-ray Players, put the retail packaging in storage and call it a day.

Sadly, the Sony 400-disc Blu-ray Players were discontinued years ago, but you can still acquire them on the used market as I mentioned previously. I'd love to see a Sony 400-disc UHD Blu-ray Player come to market, but I don't see that ever happening. So yeah, that's why I author all my AnyStream downloads to Blu-ray. There's something to be said for continuity. I prefer having all the videos I acquire and consume on one format, a format with standards, a format with no strings attached, no online subscription, no operating system and other software to maintain and update over the years, no data to backup and so forth. Everything is stored and played the same way. Ten years from now everything will continue to be stored and played the same way. Like I said, no reason to reinvent the wheel. No reason to fix what isn't broke.

That's the reason why my collection is so large. I wasn't going to pay to watch the same thing again later on or not being able to loan it out to a friend. Unfortunately, I did not have the resources in the past to build a set-up like yours. That is exactly what I dreamed about. Although, I'll bet it was a blast to build and add on to it! Therefore, in the meantime, it looks like some type of digitized set-up will be in my immediate future. Especially now that I picked up a lot of knowledge about how to [continue] proceeding. On the bright side, at least I STILL have the content to work with! :D

Thanks for all of the really good info about the PAL/NTCS and resolution stuff everyone. Much appreciated. And Lowpro, that's a heck a collection you have there. Pretty awesome setup!

thanks for info @Splintercell
This part needs to be re-worded temporarily until it is fixed:

Anysteam

Features:
  • Amazon Prime download supported up to Full HD (1920x1080)

If this is not re-worded, and HD downloads for AP stay down for awhile, then I feel the devs are not being fair towards new buyers. I bought lifetime license for mainly AP downloads just a few days ago. Technically, I did not get burned since AP HD downloads worked the day I purchased the product. But I would be upset if I spent that amount of money on a product and this advertised feature did not work on day one. Having a free trial period does not excuse false advertisement for this feature that is not included.

I understands that HD downloads being down is not Red Fox's fault, but it is their duty to accurately describe product features for new buyers. My request is very reasonable for current/future buyers of this program. It is not like I am requesting something crazy and difficult for Red Fox to do in this situation.

thanks for info @

and others for feelings of loss for new buyers. i bought this on a 20% deal. u.s bank and redfox time zone and a different browser because it kept denying me in 1 browser because of damned cookies.
link ivan sent me didnt go to other browser. i didnt know til too late. it shows in 1080. yet my highest is 940x576. big whoop. i can find them anywhere. [720x576]
now its ending may 30.
im pissed. im disabled badly for 29 yrs. limited income. i'm pissed no 1080 available.that info was not available on anything/thread i read..$130 for 1 month use and their precious trial ,what can ya do with 10 free episodes when you want a 10 yr tv show on cbs ? that in my opinion was worth the software $130, i couldve at least got a crappy 1/2 video card for that, would've been more useful.

it's bad enough its beta and that's a risk but evidently 1080 WAS a full feature ? in all my reading threads i never saw those comments but i have severe neck injury, cant sit up and read forum every day.

thanks for letting me know my 576x720 is no mpre hi def than my dvd copy set and i've wasted my hdd space& bandwidth

edit: mods , i replied on 1st page comments before i knew there were 3 more pages of comments...and now i just went back to read up, i was just away at disabled son's house. with NO internet .i did Not know. i'm sorry for my frustration..i truly feel for yours.

Last edited:
They should change it, yes, but anyone buying this product without giving the trial a go kind of deserves to get burned.

i did give it a go but it would only work on D+ UNTil i recently found a comment saying P+ works thru prime.
only things i wanted on D+ were only avail in 480max but my goal was always cbs 10yr show

Last edited:
thanks for info @Splintercell

thanks for info @

and others for feelings of loss for new buyers. i bought this on a 20% deal. u.s bank and redfox time zone and a different browser because it kept denying me in 1 browser because of damned cookies.
link ivan sent me didnt go to other browser. i didnt know til too late. it shows in 1080. yet my highest is 940x576. big whoop. i can find them anywhere. [720x576]
now its ending may 30.
im pissed. im disabled badly for 29 yrs. limited income. i'm pissed no 1080 available.that info was not available on anything/thread i read..$130 for 1 month use and their precious trial ,what can ya do with 10 free episodes when you want a 10 yr tv show on cbs ? that in my opinion was worth the software $130, i couldve at least got a crappy 1/2 video card for that, would've been more useful.

it's bad enough its beta and that's a risk but evidently 1080 WAS a full feature ? in all my reading threads i never saw those comments but i have severe neck injury, cant sit up and read forum every day.

thanks for letting me know my 576x720 is no mpre hi def than my dvd copy set and i've wasted my hdd space& bandwidth

edit: mods , i replied on 1st page comments before i knew there were 3 more pages of comments...and now i just went back to read up, i was just away at disabled son's house. with NO internet .i did Not know. i'm sorry for my frustration..i truly feel for yours.
Its fine suzy816, no problem at all.

Back