• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Report: Now Experiencing DRM issues on AP

legal president? You mean precedent. There's a ton of laws in countries around the world that say you can make backups for personal use of content you OWN. But then other laws say you can't circumvent technological protection measures that prevent you from making the backup you legally can. The important part also being "content you own". With streaming providers you don't OWN anything, you pay for the priviledge to easily watch content. That's it, and certain providers are trying to get it established that PURCHASED content on streaming platforms doesn't mean you then own a copy of the title in question, theyr pov is that you then own a license to view the title.

well i guess that one depends on who they voted for. Just because one certain party THINKS a certain person is the legal one, doesn't mean he actually is ;)

Don't get in that political "line of fire" of our US residents. The discussion will never stop....

comments not a big deal for me unless it sounds like someone taking a jab.

sitting in the sidelines …

I thought I spelled it wrong, was in a hurry, don't beat up on me everybody I'm a new jack to the forum. Yeah, its true that its law keeping us from copying what we can, its all equivocal verbiage. We pay for these steaming services, and terms and conditions having the same shaky language that just may install a waiver or two of our 'right to back-up'. Who reads terms and conditions for streaming services? Oh well, I better get started.:banghead::thankyou:

Ignore me if this has already been said - but I'm curious how "ripping" something off a streaming service is any different from taping a show off TV. VCRs were around for decades and never got banned. Before buying AnyStream I used a video capture card to gather things from streaming sites. As long as you aren't distributing the copies I have a tough time seeing the problem.

Ignore me if this has already been said - but I'm curious how "ripping" something off a streaming service is any different from taping a show off TV. VCRs were around for decades and never got banned. Before buying AnyStream I used a video capture card to gather things from streaming sites. As long as you aren't distributing the copies I have a tough time seeing the problem.
To me it's not different, but I don't make the rules, I just break them. LOL

I don't know that they can, this could just be an update to their services where they changed something, but if you look, after you have downloaded something it looks as if you have only watched 10 minutes of the movie if that happens 1000 time they may get the idea, or maybe they won't. I really cannot answer that with any insurance.

To me it's not different, but I don't make the rules, I just break them. LOL
The VCR never got banned or challeged even, you are correct(y). But, you couldn't edit the commercials and thats kind of the point for them because they don't make that much on subsciptions - all the money is made in com ads.

The VCR never got banned or challeged even, you are correct(y). But, you couldn't edit the commercials and thats kind of the point for them because they don't make that much on subsciptions - all the money is made in com ads.
Mostly all of the ads are stripped by AnyStream.

Yeah now I thought that was the main legal concern...NO DISTRIBUTION right!!!!

Does anyone remember Napster? The share site where everyone shared a 'percentage' of the songs we liked. It was FREEEEEE.... no distribution!!!

Does anyone remember Napster? The share site where everyone shared a 'percentage' of the songs we liked. It was FREEEEEE.... no distribution!!!
The key words are " Does anyone remember" LOL

Yeah now I thought that was the main legal concern...NO DISTRIBUTION right!!!!

That is really the main concern with software like AnyStream - the providers are concerned you will download stuff and then share it on file sharing sites - thus depriving them of revenue. And that is a valid problem, media piracy is a huge issue. But any DRM they employ can still be circumvented with a $40 media capture card. So all they are really doing is making things worse for paying customer's like us.

Back