• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ReClock 1.8.6.3

Have a look at the sample script in the Reclock folder. You don't need to install anything. You can change the script so instead of calling Powerstrip it calls your driver utility. In the case of ATI (which I think you have) you use it to switch profiles, so you need to create a profile for each refresh rate you want using CCC. Alternatively you can install one of the refresh rate cahnge utilities like Display Changer and call that from your script instead. There are quite a few example scripts knocking about in this forum. But, as I said, I don't think any method other than pstrip works with mpc-hc, on W7 at least, and pstrip (even if you wanted to use it, which I know you don't) does not support the 5xxx series.

Have a look at the sample script in the Reclock folder. You don't need to install anything. You can change the script so instead of calling Powerstrip it calls your driver utility. In the case of ATI (which I think you have) you use it to switch profiles, so you need to create a profile for each refresh rate you want using CCC. Alternatively you can install one of the refresh rate cahnge utilities like Display Changer and call that from your script instead. There are quite a few example scripts knocking about in this forum. But, as I said, I don't think any method other than pstrip works with mpc-hc, on W7 at least, and pstrip (even if you wanted to use it, which I know you don't) does not support the 5xxx series.

thxz Jong, Ill give it a try with the driver from ATI and see how it works on my W7 installation (not that I don t trust you that it doesn t work but I can try at least).

So I ve made 2 profiles called NTSC and PAL with CCC. I created shotcuts that are placed on the desktop. I can remember from Powerstrip that I had to rightclick on the shortcut and copy the line into the correct place of the .vbs script in the reclock folder. But how must this exactly be done with the ATI profiles?

SetDisplayFrequency (called twice under W7) works. Remember, only exit the script with 0 if you're using PowerStrip!
With ATI cards, it is recommended to disable the "AMD External Events Utility" service.

A problem .

First log. Player Media portal last release on primary monitor (lcd 75 Hz)

the vsynch correction seems work fine. The cursor after few seconds go in the correct position

log: reclock_log_MON1_EVR

Same files player but on the second monitor (tv plasma 50 HZ)
on play the cursor do not move. vsynch seems not working

log: reclock_log_MON2_EVR

s.o Vista , Aero is active in both cases.
No problem even with second monitor with vmr9 (reclock_log_MON2_VMR9)
Any ideas? Why in some configuration reclock ysynch and evr do not work?

Attachments

• reclock_log.zip
    21.8 KB · Views: 0
It's been a few weeks since I've been able to play about with Reclock, but unfortunately, I'm still seeing audio drops every second or so with the latest versions. This has been happening since 1.8.6.0. The last version that works properly for me is 1.8.5.5 which I've stuck with, but I don't really want to get left behind (especially as the funky threaded calls to the vb scripts only exist in versions newer than this).

Weirdly, it only seems to happen with 5.1 TV sources, both BBC HD and Luxe HD here in the UK. 2 channel sources and DVDs seem ok. All Reclock settings are at default. My system is XP SP3, with an ATI 4550 GPU, running the ATI HDMI audio driver.

Attachments

• reclock_log.zip
    8 KB · Views: 0
It's been a few weeks since I've been able to play about with Reclock, but unfortunately, I'm still seeing audio drops every second or so with the latest versions. This has been happening since 1.8.6.0. The last version that works properly for me is 1.8.5.5

Me too. I thought could be related to another cause.
Do you have any link to that version?

Me too. I thought could be related to another cause.
Do you have any link to that version?

PM me with your email address and I'll mail it to you.

I tried a few things today to see if it would help... changing to the Realtek driver, trying a newer ATI driver, decoding the audio with ffdshow instead of ac3filter. All made no difference.

1.8.5.8 was the last vestion that worked without problem for me. It seems the problems came between this verion and 1860. Its also intresting that the installer halfed in size between these releases and part of me wonders if the causes to my issues and others could be related to that internal change.

Versions 1.8.5.6 to 1.8.6.0 you should still be able to find at http://www.mediafire.com/?zyncjnnzmin

Last edited:
I think I might switch back to 1858 myself. I seem to be getting issues with audio from the latest version (watching 720P MKV with MPC-HC+FFDShow Audio + TimeStretching to 50Hz.)

I was watching a movie last night, and there was a scene where a character starts yelling, every time I went back to replay the scene the audio would turn all scratchy and distorted, every time. And I tested on my laptop with a different release of Reclock, no distortion, so it wasn't the file.

1.8.5.8 was the last vestion that worked without problem for me. It seems the problems came between this verion and 1860. Its also intresting that the installer halfed in size between these releases and part of me wonders if the causes to my issues and others could be related to that internal change.

Versions 1.8.5.6 to 1.8.6.0 you should still be able to find at http://www.mediafire.com/?zyncjnnzmin

It's possible I missed the releases between 1.8.5.5 and 1.8.6.0. I'll give them a try when I get the chance and report back. All I know at the moment is 1.8.5.5 works for me without audio drop outs, and 1.8.6.0 doesn't. Somewhere around here is when the interface changed too is it not?

It's possible I missed the releases between 1.8.5.5 and 1.8.6.0. I'll give them a try when I get the chance and report back. All I know at the moment is 1.8.5.5 works for me without audio drop outs, and 1.8.6.0 doesn't. Somewhere around here is when the interface changed too is it not?

I'll keep you informed too about the build 1.8.5.8.

p.s.: Yesterday I watch a Csi episode with the 1.8.5.5 without any sound drops.

Sorry, that was a mistake by me. I've just done some more testing with all the recent versions, and it's actually 1.8.6.0 that is the last version that works for me.

1.8.5.5 - ok
1.8.5.6 - ok
1.8.5.7 - ok
1.8.5.8 - ok
1.8.6.0 - ok (new interface arrives)
1.8.6.1 - audio drop outs
1.8.6.2 - audio drop outs
1.8.6.3 - audio drop outs

I've attached logs for the same file (played with gbpvr) for 1.8.6.0 with everything being ok, and for 1.8.6.3 with drop outs happening every 1-2s.

Attachments

• logs.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 4
SetDisplayFrequency (called twice under W7) works.
how do I use this?

Remember, only exit the script with 0 if you're using PowerStrip!
I m sorry, but don t understand what you mean with this :(

With ATI cards, it is recommended to disable the "AMD External Events Utility" service.
understood and disabled

Sorry, that was a mistake by me. I've just done some more testing with all the recent versions, and it's actually 1.8.6.0 that is the last version that works for me.

1.8.5.5 - ok
1.8.5.6 - ok
1.8.5.7 - ok
1.8.5.8 - ok
1.8.6.0 - ok (new interface arrives)
1.8.6.1 - audio drop outs
1.8.6.2 - audio drop outs
1.8.6.3 - audio drop outs

I've attached logs for the same file (played with gbpvr) for 1.8.6.0 with everything being ok, and for 1.8.6.3 with drop outs happening every 1-2s.
What OS & CPU is this?

EDIT: Does it work, if you enable "hardware resampling"?

What OS & CPU is this?

EDIT: Does it work, if you enable "hardware resampling"?

It's with XP SP3, on an Athlon 64 X2 4000+. GPU is an HD 4550.

And yes, it does appear to work if I enable hardware resampling. Uh, is that a good thing or not (considering that the option is not recommended)? I don't actually know what it does.

I'll leave it set for now anyway and see how we get on. I only tried a couple of examples but they seemed ok. A tentative "thanks James" for now :)

In Reclock if I set output to 24bit it doesn't work but in 24 padded to 32 and in 32bit it work. In my realtek driver I set 24bit and I can't set 32bit.

In foobar if I set output to 24bit it work but in 32bit it doesn't work.

So it's not normal, reclock should work in 24bit and not in 32bit. No ?

In Reclock if I set output to 24bit it doesn't work but in 24 padded to 32 and in 32bit it work. In my realtek driver I set 24bit and I can't set 32bit.

both using the same audio renderer? KS or WASAPI?

That's normal. Use "24bit int padded...".

Back