PowerDVD Ultra 7 3730d is out

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by starz, Apr 24, 2008.

1. starz

starz Well-Known Member

bit worried about installing this one
    it's only 74. 5 MB as all the others were 100 MB
    List of Updates:

Adds playback support for Blu-ray Disc Profile 2 (BD-Live).
    this should be intresting.:D

so I thinks they may have taken something out has anyone tried it yet?

2. Bigrick

Bigrick Well-Known Member

that is kinda strage i havent tried it yet and i dont think i will since i have version 8 now but im willing to bet money they probably took out hddvd and if they did thats messed up since alot of people bought this version 7 for the hddvd but well wait and see when someone tries it out

3. starz

starz Well-Known Member

I guess I'm gona be that someone cause it's installing I'll report back in a moment

4. Bigrick

sounds good im interested to find out what they screwed up this time

5. starz

starz Well-Known Member

well HD-DVD still works, and they fixed ACROSS THE UNIVERSE menu Issue too
    all that seamed to change was that I didn't have to activate after the update

:)

6. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Retired Moderator

Neat. Do we have an update for 8 yet, or are we still waiting til the 30th on that one?

7. starz

starz Well-Known Member

don't know that one seams to bring you to other version updates but nothing apears to go to 8 anywear. is there really any + in upgradeing to version 8 at the moment?

8. SamuriHL

9. Bigrick

nothing on the website so im guessing that itll be on the 30th but i thought someone said there was a release on the 30th for both 7 and 8 maybe they brought this one out sooner who knows at least they didnt try to take off hddvd, i think i owe someone money now:)

10. SamuriHL

ROFLMAO! They won't remove it from 7.3. I'm more concerned that they'll try to break the HD DVD hack for 8. That would suck. I really don't want to have both versions on my HTPC. I'd rather just have one player.

11. starz

starz Well-Known Member

12. Bigrick

any chance the wont hack it for the sake of there customers:eek:

13. SamuriHL

There was a major improvement for me. I can't say for sure that everyone will see those results. This is on Vista on my 8800 GT. I compared the same scenes in both 7.3 and 8 (was actually doing audio comparison at the time but noticed the video) and 8 definitely looked sharper and more defined. I've noticed it in several movies now where 8 definitely looks better. AQ is also improved on DTS-HD MA tracks for sure.

14. SamuriHL

There's always a chance, but, we'll have to wait and see what the patch for 8 brings.

15. Bigrick

to bad we goota wait another 6 days for it

16. erikt

erikt Active Member

Has anyone else seen PQ improvement with Vista over XP? I'm planning a re-install on my HTPC and I was going to "upgrade" to XP SP3 (currently using Vista home ultimate 32-bit). I don't want to sacrifice PQ, but my previous XP install was a lot more stable.

erikt

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  17. starz

starz Well-Known Member

got me curious of it now, lol
    cause my standalone puts out better quality over vista and vista does way better over xp, I'm using a 8500 GT with HDMI port direct to my TV and DVI to my Comp screen, the more quality the better, I haven't messed with audio to much yet I don't have the best audio setup I mean I'm happy with it and it sounds really good,

18. starz

starz Well-Known Member

I'm using Vista premium media center edition myself, there is a noticeable difference in picture quality and audio, with SP1 and everything up to date and all that security crap vista has nearly turned off it's more stable now then XP on my hardware I can play a BD on my TV rip a DVD with compression surf the web and run a few other things and nothing crashes or slows, I do notice ultimate being a bit more unstable, more overhead I guess, I also upgraded from 2 GB of ram to 4 and that also helped a great deal,

Picture quality means by color clarity sharpness etc, also improved DVD quality as well as pictures and other graphics,

19. frg

frg Guest

They REALLY did it again at Cyberlink's!!! :mad:

After upgrading to 3730d, the video acceleration is now disconnected, as soon as the video codec is AVC.

Before the upgrade, the situation was inverted: when an HD disc was played, the acceleration kicked in, even if it was not initially enabled.
    That situation was perfect for me.

Even more puzzling: if the video codec is MPEG2 or VC1, it remains enabled. :confused:

20. SamuriHL

What video card and driver, frg? That would not make me happy at all!!