• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD Ultra 7 3730d is out

I got sound back in MCE at long last (thanks for the link samuriHL), only problem now is powerdvd can't hold the spdif setting, everytime i stop a disc it resets back to 2 channel, annoying but at least it's working.

Have you already tried to reduce the screen resolution to 720p? With my HD2600 the hardware accel. of pdvd only kicks in with 720p. :bang:
I didn't try, but I tested it on my good old CRT TV, using the S-video output of the graphic card (it then switches to 1024x768), and the problem was still there.

I suspect SamuriHL is pointing in the right direction, when he suggests a compatibility problem with the drivers.

Anyway, as I have already PDVD 8, that works fine, I'll just stick with 7.3730a on the side.
No big deal, just some techno geek frustration...;)

I got sound back in MCE at long last (thanks for the link samuriHL), only problem now is powerdvd can't hold the spdif setting, everytime i stop a disc it resets back to 2 channel, annoying but at least it's working.

I use a G35 board with onboard Realtek sound and have this issue sometimes when updating the audio drivers (affects TheaterTek as well for me). Reinstalling PDVD and Theatertek has fixed it for me so far. Sucky solution, but has been reliable.

well I downloaded and installed and no problems + it scans clean both my system and the installer + the searches don't even reveal a file with that name anywhere on the system or in the installer.exe

sounds to me like a false alarm.
You are correct, I e-mailed Kapersky yesterday with this file and recieved this , less than 24hrs later.
Hi, the obfuscated.zv detection was a false alarm, and has been corrected in the latest signature updates. If you perform one now, you should no longer be alerted about the presence of obfuscated.zv in those files.

3730d gone?

I'm not able to download the d version any longer. Got a Cyberlink "Sorry, link not valid..." message. Has anyone managed download lately, or has the release been withdrawn?:confused:

Yep

Downloaded very early this morning, odd aside, when using Nero system Check it shows my my PDVD version as 3919 not 3730d?:confused:

Last edited:
Yepp, now it works, but a few hours ago the link was dead. It feels a little weird to ask this in the SlySoft forum, but where else to go, if you don't want to wait 3-4 days for an answer?
Thanks BTW.

Yepp, now it works, but a few hours ago the link was dead. It feels a little weird to ask this in the SlySoft forum, but where else to go, if you don't want to wait 3-4 days for an answer?
Thanks BTW.

It could have been a glitch. With Cyberlink you can never really speculate and come up with an answer because most of the time I don't think they even have answers. ;)

Glad to help. :)

There was a major improvement for me. I can't say for sure that everyone will see those results. This is on Vista on my 8800 GT. I compared the same scenes in both 7.3 and 8 (was actually doing audio comparison at the time but noticed the video) and 8 definitely looked sharper and more defined. I've noticed it in several movies now where 8 definitely looks better. AQ is also improved on DTS-HD MA tracks for sure.
I briefly experimented with PDVD8 in XP, and although I too found PQ looked sharper, I think all they have done is artificially boost the sharpening control: the opening scenes to Stalingrad looked "wrong" with more extreme haloing on edges than with PDVD7.3.3730a.

I briefly experimented with PDVD8 in XP, and although I too found PQ looked sharper, I think all they have done is artificially boost the sharpening control: the opening scenes to Stalingrad looked "wrong" with more extreme haloing on edges than with PDVD7.3.3730a.

It's certainly possible. I haven't looked into it extensively.

It's certainly possible. I haven't looked into it extensively.

Im using PowerDVD8 Ultra and added the HD-DVD plugins and it works perfectly. All Cyberlink did is remove the HD-DVD files from the programme's file structure and left them out.

Im using PowerDVD8 Ultra and added the HD-DVD plugins and it works perfectly. All Cyberlink did is remove the HD-DVD files from the programme's file structure and left them out.

Yea? We already know that much.

They REALLY did it again at Cyberlink's!!! :mad:

After upgrading to 3730d, the video acceleration is now disconnected, as soon as the video codec is AVC.

Before the upgrade, the situation was inverted: when an HD disc was played, the acceleration kicked in, even if it was not initially enabled.
That situation was perfect for me.

Even more puzzling: if the video codec is MPEG2 or VC1, it remains enabled. :confused:
The same thing happens with version 8 on a 2400pro PCI-E. Cyberlink claims that it is a driver issue.

That's what I was theorizing.
A driver issue would not explain why 3730a and TMT both work fine on the same system. The fact that both version 8 and the later released version 7 filters exhibit the same behaviour lends more credence to the possibility that CL broke something in their filter in regards to their ATI acceleration code.

Last edited:
A driver issue would not explain why 3730a and TMT both work fine on the same system.

Oh, no, you misunderstood me on this. :) When I say "driver problem" I mean an interaction between this version of PowerDVD and whatever driver is being used. Nothing else changed except the PowerDVD version, so, either they hit an undiscovered bug in the driver by something they're doing, or, they broke their interaction with the driver. But it's not happening on all ATI cards, so, my guess is they changed something and didn't bother testing it very well. That never happens. COUGH COUGH :D And now they're going to blame the driver and not whatever they changed. Again, unless it's some new bug found in the driver for those particular cards that was not previously hit, then Cyberlink needs to get their ass in gear and fix whatever it is they changed.

In my case, the secundary problem is that I am using a MSI graphic card.
Therefore I can only use the drivers released by MSI, as "official" ATI drivers don't identify the card. :doh:

And the last release was in december 2007. :mad:

I read somewhere that there is a way to install "normal" drivers for a MSI card, but I can't find that info any more...
Any idea?

Thanks YaniD for saving me the time. That is what I suspected when I heard 'more sharpness'. :(

BTW: I hardly think any minute improvement (alleged or not) will outweigh the loss of Reclock under Vista (Slysoft hint hint ;))

In my case, the secundary problem is that I am using a MSI graphic card.
Therefore I can only use the drivers released by MSI, as "official" ATI drivers don't identify the card. :doh:

And the last release was in december 2007. :mad:

I read somewhere that there is a way to install "normal" drivers for a MSI card, but I can't find that info any more...
Any idea?

http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati.php

Try that and see if it makes any difference.

Back