• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD Ultra 7 3730d is out

starz

bit worried about installing this one
it's only 74. 5 MB as all the others were 100 MB
List of Updates:

Adds playback support for Blu-ray Disc Profile 2 (BD-Live).
this should be intresting.:D

so I thinks they may have taken something out has anyone tried it yet?

bit worried about installing this one
it's only 74. 5 MB as all the others were 100 MB
List of Updates:

Adds playback support for Blu-ray Disc Profile 2 (BD-Live).
this should be intresting.:D

so I thinks they may have taken something out has anyone tried it yet?

that is kinda strage i havent tried it yet and i dont think i will since i have version 8 now but im willing to bet money they probably took out hddvd and if they did thats messed up since alot of people bought this version 7 for the hddvd but well wait and see when someone tries it out

that is kinda strage i havent tried it yet and i dont think i will since i have version 8 now but im willing to bet money they probably took out hddvd and if they did thats messed up since alot of people bought this version 7 for the hddvd but well wait and see when someone tries it out

I guess I'm gona be that someone cause it's installing I'll report back in a moment

sounds good im interested to find out what they screwed up this time

well HD-DVD still works, and they fixed ACROSS THE UNIVERSE menu Issue too
all that seamed to change was that I didn't have to activate after the update

:)

Neat. Do we have an update for 8 yet, or are we still waiting til the 30th on that one?

Neat. Do we have an update for 8 yet, or are we still waiting til the 30th on that one?

don't know that one seams to bring you to other version updates but nothing apears to go to 8 anywear. is there really any + in upgradeing to version 8 at the moment?

nothing on the website so im guessing that itll be on the 30th but i thought someone said there was a release on the 30th for both 7 and 8 maybe they brought this one out sooner who knows at least they didnt try to take off hddvd, i think i owe someone money now:)

nothing on the website so im guessing that itll be on the 30th but i thought someone said there was a release on the 30th for both 7 and 8 maybe they brought this one out sooner who knows at least they didnt try to take off hddvd, i think i owe someone money now:)

ROFLMAO! They won't remove it from 7.3. I'm more concerned that they'll try to break the HD DVD hack for 8. That would suck. I really don't want to have both versions on my HTPC. I'd rather just have one player.

No, not really, other than better sound and PQ.

better picture quality really?
I saw a huge difference between xp and vista on pdvd ultra 7
needless to say I don't use XP anymore for HD lol

I see the trial has BD disabled, sucks

ROFLMAO! They won't remove it from 7.3. I'm more concerned that they'll try to break the HD DVD hack for 8. That would suck. I really don't want to have both versions on my HTPC. I'd rather just have one player.

any chance the wont hack it for the sake of there customers:eek:

There was a major improvement for me. I can't say for sure that everyone will see those results. This is on Vista on my 8800 GT. I compared the same scenes in both 7.3 and 8 (was actually doing audio comparison at the time but noticed the video) and 8 definitely looked sharper and more defined. I've noticed it in several movies now where 8 definitely looks better. AQ is also improved on DTS-HD MA tracks for sure.

No, not really, other than better sound and PQ.

Has anyone else seen PQ improvement with Vista over XP? I'm planning a re-install on my HTPC and I was going to "upgrade" to XP SP3 (currently using Vista home ultimate 32-bit). I don't want to sacrifice PQ, but my previous XP install was a lot more stable.

erikt

Last edited:
There was a major improvement for me. I can't say for sure that everyone will see those results. This is on Vista on my 8800 GT. I compared the same scenes in both 7.3 and 8 (was actually doing audio comparison at the time but noticed the video) and 8 definitely looked sharper and more defined. I've noticed it in several movies now where 8 definitely looks better. AQ is also improved on DTS-HD MA tracks for sure.

got me curious of it now, lol
cause my standalone puts out better quality over vista and vista does way better over xp, I'm using a 8500 GT with HDMI port direct to my TV and DVI to my Comp screen, the more quality the better, I haven't messed with audio to much yet I don't have the best audio setup I mean I'm happy with it and it sounds really good,

Has anyone else seen PQ improvement with Vista over XP? I'm planning a re-install on my HTPC and I was going to "upgrade" to XP SP3 (currently using Vista home ultimate 32-bit). I don't want to sacrifice PQ, but my previous XP install was a lot more stable.

erikt
I'm using Vista premium media center edition myself, there is a noticeable difference in picture quality and audio, with SP1 and everything up to date and all that security crap vista has nearly turned off it's more stable now then XP on my hardware I can play a BD on my TV rip a DVD with compression surf the web and run a few other things and nothing crashes or slows, I do notice ultimate being a bit more unstable, more overhead I guess, I also upgraded from 2 GB of ram to 4 and that also helped a great deal,

Picture quality means by color clarity sharpness etc, also improved DVD quality as well as pictures and other graphics,

They REALLY did it again at Cyberlink's!!! :mad:

After upgrading to 3730d, the video acceleration is now disconnected, as soon as the video codec is AVC.

Before the upgrade, the situation was inverted: when an HD disc was played, the acceleration kicked in, even if it was not initially enabled.
That situation was perfect for me.

Even more puzzling: if the video codec is MPEG2 or VC1, it remains enabled. :confused:

What video card and driver, frg? That would not make me happy at all!!

Back