• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8 Ultra Reloaded: 8.0 A/V engine + HD-DVD + PowerDVD 7.3 player

That works fine for BR, but not HD-DVD, at least when I tried it. There's probably a combination of Reloaded and the updated HD-DVD hack that will work, I just didn't have time to try it out last night.
ET

No, it works fine for HD DVD. I have personally tested it.

No, it works fine for HD DVD. I have personally tested it.

XP or Vista? I tried XP and it didn't work.

EDIT: Never mind, I think I tried to play without AnyDVD-HD running. I'll try again tonight. Sorry! :)

ET

Last edited:
XP or Vista? I tried XP and it didn't work.

EDIT: Never mind, I think I tried to play without AnyDVD-HD running. I'll try again tonight. Sorry! :)

ET

I've done it in Vista 32. I have no idea about XP but I'm assuming it'll work just fine there, too. Give it another shot and if you have problems I'm sure someone here can help. But it does work, so, if you have an issue we should be able to figure it out.

Struggling to get this to work. WinXp environment with Xbox HD add on.
Can install 1730 and get the HD DVD add on installed, but when using PowerDVD, I do not get the HDDVD logo in the bottom right corner as depicted in other people's screenshots. It leaves me in file mode whether I use the actual disc or if I used an ISO with VCD. As a result, the movie will not play. What am I missing? :bang:

Thanks for any help.

I've done it in Vista 32. I have no idea about XP but I'm assuming it'll work just fine there, too. Give it another shot and if you have problems I'm sure someone here can help. But it does work, so, if you have an issue we should be able to figure it out.

If you're getting file mode, you definitely dont have the right files. The most straightforward way to make this work is install a clean copy of PowerDVD 8 with the latest patch and follow the instructions for the reloaded pack. It works every time under Vista/XP.

Can install 1730 and get the HD DVD add on installed, but when using PowerDVD, I do not get the HDDVD logo in the bottom right corner as depicted in other people's screenshots. It leaves me in file mode whether I use the actual disc or if I used an ISO with VCD. As a result, the movie will not play. What am I missing? :bang:

Thanks for any help.

Can some one please tell me where I can down load the Reloaded Pack 2 from and can I use the update version of 8 or do I have to pay for the full version. I have tried googling but I can't find it. Thanks for your help.

I'm using the reloaded patch on PD8 and it all works fine. Thanks mkanet! :bowdown:

Though the only thing I don't have is the ability to resume a movie (BD or HD), is there something I can do to have it automatically resume as its a pain at the moment!

Thanks

Dom

Thanks for any help.

Follow mkanet's advice. Get a clean install going and then try to apply the reloaded update. It'll work.

I'm having some problems getting HD DVD to work with the new build and reloaded pack as well (Win XP).

HD DVD works fine in the 1622 build, with or without reloaded pack, but not with the 1730 build.

I tried both with a fresh install and just patching my working build, but neither worked. When I try to play a disc, it says disc mode just briefly, and then the player closes.

I only have PowerDVD8 installed, but from reading the thread I thought I didn't need 7.3 if I used the reloaded pack.

And I don't need to comment anything in the CLDShowX.ini file, correct?

I just wanted to check and see if I was missing something obvious.

The HDDVDNav.ax file I am using is still the one from the beta version of 8
(version 1.1.0.1405).

Thanks in advance.

I know you probably dont want to hear this; and probably wont help you a whole lot, but you need to focus on figuring out what's different about your installation of PowerDVD 8 "Ultra" and the one you download from Cyberlink. If anything is left lingering on your machine from previous hacked versions of PDVD; even one file... it may not work.

There are no ini files to change. If you had a previous version of PowerDVD 8 Ultra, and uninstalled already... I would remove all traces of it from your file system (ie C:\program files\cyberlink\*, anything under C:\documents and settings" related to cyberlink, and anything in your registry that mentions Cyberlink". Reboot after you do this. Be very careful what you delete and remove not to break anything else!

Good luck!

I'm having some problems getting HD DVD to work with the new build and reloaded pack as well (Win XP).

HD DVD works fine in the 1622 build, with or without reloaded pack, but not with the 1730 build.

I tried both with a fresh install and just patching my working build, but neither worked. When I try to play a disc, it says disc mode just briefly, and then the player closes.

I only have PowerDVD8 installed, but from reading the thread I thought I didn't need 7.3 if I used the reloaded pack.

And I don't need to comment anything in the CLDShowX.ini file, correct?

I just wanted to check and see if I was missing something obvious.

The HDDVDNav.ax file I am using is still the one from the beta version of 8
(version 1.1.0.1405).

Thanks in advance.

cannot begin over fullscreen mode

I´ve tried the pacth and its great no more Play or resume choice so now its perferct with VMC and My movies except now I cannot begin the full screen mode,I tick It in the menu but appers untick when I open the option menu again any ideas???
thanks

I'm looking for a solution for this as well as the ability to add resume playback movie.

I´ve tried the pacth and its great no more Play or resume choice so now its perferct with VMC and My movies except now I cannot begin the full screen mode,I tick It in the menu but appers untick when I open the option menu again any ideas???
thanks

Reloaded 2.0 with Resume and Full Screen support!

As promised...

Reloaded-ResumeReset.reg <--- Double click this file before starting PowerDVD with the Reloaded 2.0 interface, and you will now see a resume option that looks like the below image. You can use this reset file again if you select "Don't ask me this question again"; or if you are installing Reloaded 2.0 for the first time:

Screenshot-0230-1.jpg

Reloaded-FullscreenStart.reg <--- Double click this file before starting PowerDVD with the Reloaded 2.0 interface to automatically start the player in Full Screen.

Reloaded-WindowModeStart.reg <--- Double click this file before starting PowerDVD with the Reloaded 2.0 interface to automatically start player in a Window .

I will also add this to the first post.

thanks

Last edited:
Reloaded 2.1 ...now supports patch 1730U(b) with HD-DVD

Does anyone have HD-DVD AVC discs to test with that has patch 1730U(b) installed? I only have VC-1 HD-DVDs

The pacth for the fullscreen mode work great for me, thanks :clap::clap:
sorry but no HDDVD AVC disc to give you a hand.
Thanks again!!!
EDIT:mKanet i see you know very well about powerdvd,do you know if there´s something for pwdvd not to downsample HD audio??
thanks

Last edited:
Hi Justerini, I can force PowerDVD to do a lot of things. But, it's all based on if Cyberlink has ever had it working. If they had it working at one point, that would be the only I'd even have a chance to make it work again.

The pacth for the fullscreen mode work great for me, thanks :clap::clap:
sorry but no HDDVD AVC disc to give you a hand.
Thanks again!!!
EDIT:mKanet i see you know very well about powerdvd,do you know if there´s something for pwdvd not to downsample HD audio??
thanks

I just heard back that AVC HD-DVD doesnt work (as I suspected). I will try to see if I can buy an HD-DVD AVC disc at a local store today to see if I can fix the problem. Otherwise, I have to wait for the disc to come from Netflix. Thanks for your patience.

Hi,

I get PDVD reloaded V2.1.1 and PDVD V8 w/ patch 1730 but it doesn't play HD DVD at all.
I have read in the readme file that combination was not a good one but a post in this thread says the opposite!
Where I'm wrong?

Thanks in advance

Christophe

Hi,

I get PDVD reloaded V2.1.1 and PDVD V8 w/ patch 1730 but it doesn't play HD DVD at all.
I have read in the readme file that combination was not a good one but a post in this thread says the opposite!
Where I'm wrong?

Thanks in advance

Christophe

check out this thread and SamuriHL will explain what you have to do to hack the newest powerdvd 8 to work with HDDVD

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=17924

Back