• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8 Ultra Reloaded: 8.0 A/V engine + HD-DVD + PowerDVD 7.3 player

This is one of the many reasons why I use this special version of PowerDVD 8 Ultra.

powerdvd8.jpg

Do you have this option available when playing every title?

On my PC, it works with only a few ones.
For instance, it never works with Fox BDs.

And I never see the pannel on your picture, I have a triple pannel, related to the new functions (Collect Movie & Remix).
In the biggest of them, there are two buttons: Play and Resume.

Moreover, the auto-resume function has disappeared from my config menu, since after 7.3.3319a, I think.

Or is again, because I use XP???

Last edited by a moderator:
FRG, it sounds like you're still using the normal version of PowerDVD 8 Ultra. The whole point of applying this special update is to have a more useful auto resume feature (where you dont get forced to see it every time as you do it version 8.0). Also this update fixed many problems like getting rid of the bloated features such as Collect Movie, Remix, Moovielive, etc. Cyberlink almost forces you to use these completely useless features. Are you sure you applied the PowerDVD8Ultra-Reloaded.zip file correctly?

Do you have this option available when playing every title?

On my PC, it works with only a few ones.
For instance, it never works with Fox BDs.

And I never see the pannel on your picture, I have a triple pannel, related to the new functions (Collect Movie & Remix).
In the biggest of them, there are two buttons: Play and Resume.

Moreover, the auto-resume function has disappeared from my config menu, since after 7.3.3319a, I think.

Or is again, because I use XP???

That URL doesnt really have much to do with this thread. PM me if you need help finding the zip file. I tried my best to describe the benefits of the reloaded zip file; not much to do with HD-DVD; even though, it does add that as well.

Ok then I repeat my previous question : how do I proceed?

Last time I asked on this thread, I received this answer:
http://www.digital-digest.com/articles/PowerDVD_8_Ultra_Enable_HD_DVD_page1.html

This is only the tweak to read HD DVD with v8.
I applied it as soon as it was available.

What else is there to do?
Where is that PowerDVD8Ultra-Reloaded.zip file?

OK, in the meanwhile, I found it on RapidShare.

Google woudn't give me any decent result :bang:, I had to launch a global search using Copernic, that spitted the answer in no time. 8)

Yet my problems are not over yet:

- After installing and following all the instructions, I cannot play HD DVD any more.

I tried replacing your set of specific HD DVD files by mines (some are not exactly the same in size), and registering again the filter, but it still does not work (I even rebooted to be sure).

- The auto-resume feature is still nowhere to be seen, nor in the configuration menu, nor in actual use of the player: I tryed on a Fox title (The Day After Tomorrow) and a Disney one (Hidalgo). On both after a stop, I was brought back to normal start of the BD. No pannel ever prompted, asking for a choice.

So far, the only positive gain is a new skin...

Any idea or advice?

This addon has only been tested on a clean installation of PowerDVD 8 Ultra with latest patch from Cyberlink. Autoresume feature works corrrectly if you have this pre-requisite.

OK, in the meanwhile, I found it on RapidShare.

Google woudn't give me any decent result :bang:, I had to launch a global search using Copernic, that spitted the answer in no time. 8)

Yet my problems are not over yet:

- After installing and following all the instructions, I cannot play HD DVD any more.

I tried replacing your set of specific HD DVD files by mines (some are not exactly the same in size), and registering again the filter, but it still does not work (I even rebooted to be sure).

- The auto-resume feature is still nowhere to be seen, nor in the configuration menu, nor in actual use of the player: I tryed on a Fox title (The Day After Tomorrow) and a Disney one (Hidalgo). On both after a stop, I was brought back to normal start of the BD. No pannel ever prompted, asking for a choice.

So far, the only positive gain is a new skin...

Any idea or advice?

I tried that...

Total uninstall of PowerDVD 8, reboot, reinstall of the very last version, then application of the patch.

Still does not work.

Does the auto-resume option appear somewhere in the config pannels?

Was it ever tested on WinXP? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It should work the same under XP as Vista. People have gotten it to work, but never mentioned what OS they were using.

You mentioned that your existing HD-DVD files were different. I think that's a big clue. The HD-DVD included in this package is the same as the one that was first introduced in http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15409. If the package that's mentioned in that thread works, this will too; as its the same exact files.

I tried that...

Total uninstall of PowerDVD 8, reboot, reinstall of the very last version, then application of the patch.

Still does not work.

Does the auto-resume option appear somewhere in the config pannels?

Was it ever tested on WinXP? :D

Last edited:
I can confirm Reloaded version 2.0 works just as advertised. I couldn't get the first version to work but this version 2.0 worked just as it should. Many thanks to mkanet for figuring this out.

Last edited:
Version 2?

Hi

Where can I get hold of a copy of the Reloaded Version 2 zip?

Thanks

Simon

You guys can PM me now. Sorry my PM box was full last night. I didnt expect so many PMs

Last edited:
Anyone try PDVD Reloaded with the latest PDVD8 patch?

You need to most probably reapply the reloaded pack after you install the latest patch. I'lll try it tonight to see what happens.

RELOADED PACK 2.0 with HD-DVD works with all Cyberlink patches!

The only thing to remember to keep your reloaded pack while staying up to date with latest patches is the follow:

Remember in the instructions it says to make a backup copy of your original PowerDVD8 folder?

Well, you need to put that back the way it was, then install whatever new patch Cyberlink has to offer.

After you have your PowerDVD 8 with the latest patch, simply add the Reloaded Pack 2.0 back again.... and the skins package.

Yea, that seems to work. :) I'm still working on a straight 8 solution for the kiddies, too. IOW, no hybrid. I managed to hose my install so I have to redo it in the morning. Yey me. :)

Where can I find the reload file is posted on the internet and do I need the full version of PDVD 8 or can I get away with using the upgrade option for my 7.3 ultra ??? Thanks for your help.

The only thing to remember to keep your reloaded pack while staying up to date with latest patches is the follow:

Remember in the instructions it says to make a backup copy of your original PowerDVD8 folder?

Well, you need to put that back the way it was, then install whatever new patch Cyberlink has to offer.

After you have your PowerDVD 8 with the latest patch, simply add the Reloaded Pack 2.0 back again.... and the skins package.
That works fine for BR, but not HD-DVD, at least when I tried it. There's probably a combination of Reloaded and the updated HD-DVD hack that will work, I just didn't have time to try it out last night.
ET

Back