• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8 Ultra Reloaded: 8.0 A/V engine + HD-DVD + PowerDVD 7.3 player

Its funny that I'm still getting PM's from new people trying this software who say that the download has a virus. There are hundreds of people that have used this software at some point who would have told me if there was a real virus. Some weaker/free virus protection software dont really do a good job of protecting PC... giving false alerts or completely missing a real virus. Its recommended to upgrade to a commercial grade virus protection software if you really care about your data. You cant go wrong with something like Symantec Antivirus or Mcafee.

I'd never recommend Symantec antivirus, it's so invasive and causes me no end of issues on customers systems

We dont have any issue support the enterprise edition at a very large scale. Its still one of the most popular; and been around a long time. I even use it at home; never had a single issue with it at work or home. However, I respect everyone's experience is different. It's maybe arguably not the best possible out, depending on the features people are looking for and at what scale; and, most importantly, how the PC's environment is configured. I've worked for companies/organizations with one product causing nothing but headaches; while there's not any issues with the same product at all at another company/organization (mainly because of how all components of the network was designed and configured). Of course there are some products that are just terrible no matter what circumstance, but arguably, I would never put SAV in that catagory. Anyway, all I was just trying to say is it's definitely better than using most free online scanners.

I'd never recommend Symantec antivirus, it's so invasive and causes me no end of issues on customers systems

We used to use it on the Video editing systems we sell, but stopped using it as it interferes with the software, causing all kinds of issues that stop you from working properly. As soon as we removed it and used something else the issues all disappeared

The enterprise and home editions are different, although I thought they were merging the engines at some point. Norton corporate has always been a decent, lean product. Norton home edition just simply blows. Personally I use nod32 and never have any major issues.

I use the standalone mode for Norton Enterprise. I've never tried any other version of Norton Antivirus in over 10 years. I would guess they share the same antivirus engine via Liveupdate. I've seen antivirus apps that "for real" blow; such as the ones that cause false alarms or an unintuitive UI. IIRC, Norton bought Intel Landesk's antivirus engine several years ago ...then, Symantec bought Norton. I haven't had to renew, upgrade, reinstall my antivirus app since I first installed it 3 1/2 years ago; just updating virus definitions in the background. The thing I like about it most is that it just works.... In fact, the only time I know its still running is when it quietly quarantines items in question from within a zip file I download, etc.

Most importantly, its smart enough to not cause a false trigger on the Reloaded 3.0 executable while still catching real viruses dead in it's tracks :)

The enterprise and home editions are different, although I thought they were merging the engines at some point. Norton corporate has always been a decent, lean product. Norton home edition just simply blows. Personally I use nod32 and never have any major issues.

Could I get a PM for a Reloaded download link, please ?

(Thank-you :))

Last edited:
this is not a board that provides illegal downloads to software mate. Wether it be in a reply or a pm.

And you think this thread would still exist this long if that were the policy on this particular download? We've allowed people to PM mkanet and have him privately provide people the link to his download for quite some time. It's mostly a gray area and not outright piracy. We just don't want the link posted on the main site.

Back