• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 17 Ultra Officially released

Those requirements are old news.
Indeed but now they are more clear (for example SGX CPU: this may also include intel 6 series)

Moreover, before the official announcement, I ''hoped'' that with a compatible system you could at least use your main / 2nd (Nvidia / AMD) VGA. This is off the table now.

Nope it won't, they say kaby lake cpu. (7th generation)

Nope it won't, they say kaby lake cpu. (7th generation)
Yes, I know
But they also say SGX and then Intel kaby lake
A quick search revealed that some intel 6th Gen are also SGX compatible (but of course, m/b must support (BIOS setting) SGX also)
This is probably why they narrowed it down to 7th gen

spcav
There's all sorts of talk about new drivers that support SGX when it comes to a dedicated GPU, but weather or not it can be implemented or allowed through a simple driver update is still on the table.
Rumor also has it that NVIDIA and probably AMD will have their new cards at Computex that will support all this DRM crap. No one really knows for sure if it can be implemented through a driver update or if it's hardware specific.
BUT, at this point it's all rumor...

I'm just waiting for James to casually announce in one of his BETA's, "Ulta HD Blu-ray is now supported". There may be a better chance that pigs will fly.

Last edited:
I'm of the mind that I'll wait a bit, until we see what James has up his sleeve.

I still might buy PowerDVD 17 Ultra in a week or two though.

The previous versions of PowerDVD Ultra that I own on my PC (10, 12-16) will more than suffice for me at this time.

I'm screwed price wise, and so is anyone else with version 14 and below, there's no upgrade price. 100.00 bucks Canadian... Meh...

That's nothing. It's 99.9€ too. Meaning you get it cheaper than over here. They're doing the same 1:1 conversion as always.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Can't you pay in any currency you want, I can pay in US dollars if I choose to do so ? 100 Euros is a rip off.

EDIT: maybe you can't, I know if I enable my easy-hide program I can make any web site think that I'm anywhere in the world. It disguises my IP address.

EDIT: Yes you can and you don't need to hide your IP address, there's a drop down menu at the top of the shopping cart page, you can choose any currency you want _ I suggest you choose Canadian. Yeah, it's 99 US too ! It is 79 £ though.

Last edited:
I'm just waiting for James to casually announce in one of his BETA's, "Ulta HD Blu-ray is now supported". There may be a better chance that pigs will fly.
Actually I have seen pigs fly! In Doritos commercial.... Lol

LoL @ system requirements: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19144

If Redfox won't save the day, this is DOA

It's really hilarious: there's no other software in the world (even those that cost thousands of dollars) with requirements as high as PDVD 17 UHD-BD

They expect people to build a new pc to watch movie discs that cost $30 each???

With $200 you can get an Xbox One S and be done with it

PowerDVD Ultra alone is $100....

I agree. Bought samsung uhd player for 240 bucks. Ill keep the htpc for bluray. Even though I can play 4k and do 4k youtube on pc. I get hdr on youtube and netflix and uhd 4k movies all in samsung so 240 bucks vs 1000 bucks.....hmm went the cheaper route... Im sure in my next build ill go that route but am perfectly happy running my amd3 x4 processor with my kingston ssd and revo pcie ssd with my rx470 card on 8 year old motherboard. I feel sorry for guys who own 6th gen core I7 intel. SGX is a complete scam like hdcp for hdmi

Last edited:
Here's a guy over at the Cyberlink forums that reports his LG drive works for UHD Blu-rays...

I've asked him what he's using for the rest of his hardware.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/51986.page#272416
"As long as your computer software you are running supports this forplayback and decoding then the drive will read this information and pass italong to your software."
- From CyberLink forums

So is all of this concern over what disk drives can and cannot read UHD disks it all for nothing?

"As long as your computer software you are running supports this forplayback and decoding then the drive will read this information and pass italong to your software."
- From CyberLink forums

So is all of this concern over what disk drives can and cannot read UHD disks it all for nothing?
I have this $50. drive yea!!!!!

Back