• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 17 Ultra Officially released

Movies and tv app reads meta file wrong and gives you sdi. Anyone know if ther tv mode switches to true hdr in powerdvd17 with hdr10 hevc demos? Ive seen life of pi actual hdr uhd movievon many different hdr tvs and its way too oversaturated on windows movie and tv app. This way my first test source when I decided to buy a uhd player. That blue metallic water is bull. What you are looking for in hdr is extreme bright lights that have detail and extreme darks that retain detail at the same time. Trust me.... you will know your watching true hdr when you see it in real life. Nick cage on netflix in hdr is amazing.
FOR EXAMPLE!!
IMG_9390.JPG

Powerdvd never said HDR files are playable did they? they said disc UHD HDR
Both tv and powerdvd has it own setting running within the app environment, so playing a HDR file is not seen properly by the UHD tv ap that make sense.
When running powerdvd from PC to UHD tv.

Just tested jazz demo usb stick. Guess movie windows 10 player does read meta data. Still think its way to red in hdr mode. I put file in sasung hdr player usb and compared. They look the same.

Even if aacs 2.0 is by-passed u will get SDR from the HDR disc.
I say good luck to those smart guys out there.

Im sure ill figure out how to trigger your files. Give me some time. Can you record a 2 min sample si i can speed up testing of hdr triggering?

Check your VISA statement people, although I chose to be charged in Canadian funds cleverbridge.net converted it to US funds.
Yeah, it's only 16 dollars, but, it's the principal of it.
Cyberlink Rip Off.JPG Visa Screen Shot.JPG

Mine was 39.99€

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Has anyone who purchased PowerDVD 17 Ultra been able to determine if there are any benefits for those playing basic Blu-ray discs or is version 17 just an extension of PowerDVD16 to provide play back functions for UHD Blu-ray discs.

Has anyone who purchased PowerDVD 17 Ultra been able to determine if there are any benefits for those playing basic Blu-ray discs or is version 17 just an extension of PowerDVD16 to provide play back functions for UHD Blu-ray discs.
I bought PowerDVD 17 Ultra for both my Win10 Pro laptop and my Win10 Pro PC. It's more stable, but I had 16 running smooth, with AnyDVD HD in the background. Basically, in my opinion, unless you're going to play UHD Blu-ray discs, you're better off with 16.

I bought PowerDVD 17 Ultra for both my Win10 Pro laptop and my Win10 Pro PC. It's more stable, but I had 16 running smooth, with AnyDVD HD in the background. Basically, in my opinion, unless you're going to play UHD Blu-ray discs, you're better off with 16.
Thanks whatever-gong 82 I have version 16 and your advice is what I suspected to be the case. It will be interesting to see if the anti-trust people will continue to allow companies to set industry standards which favor one particular company over another!

Well it worked lol. Fresh install (though had 14 & 16 installed, didn't ask for previous license key) with the upgrade key, and with the coupon "HOORAY20", another 20% off from the upgrade price. 39.99€ total. That's a bargain

Glad the code worked for you ;)

Mine was in Canadian $$ as requested.
Weird that yours was not.
Check your VISA statement or however you paid for yours, I got this from cleverbridge.net, so I asked for a refund, I may purchase again if the US/Can dollar becomes a little closer.
It's very misleading, Cyberlink should not lead people to believe that they are paying in their native currency, it's a form of fraud really.
They should just charge everyone is dollars then.

"The reason for the pricing difference is that CyberLink has set prices for this product only in USD. They have chosen USD as their base currency, and thus all calculated prices in undefined currencies (such as Canadian Dollars, Australian Dollars, Japanese Yen, etc.) are calculated using the exchange rate from the USD price.

If you choose your currency during your order process as CAD currency, your order will still be processed in USD currency. Your credit card company will convert that USD currency to CAD currency, and charge you a conversion fee. Normally this is between 1% and 3%, but can vary widely by credit card issuer. The exchange rate used by your card issuer may vary from the one that we use.

If you would prefer to receive a refund for your order, please let us know. If that is the case, we will be happy to initiate the refund process in accordance with the software manufacturer's return policy."

Pft ! :cautious:

Cyberlink does NOT set it's prices only in USD. Upon visiting the main site i was immediately redirected to

Code:
https://www.cyberlink.com/index_en_EU.html

Which sets all prices in EURO. Cart currency was automatically set to EUR as payment currency and I was charged as such. 39.99.

Back