• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Possible to have DVD Fab Passkey and AnyDvd on same computer

coodbe

I panicked while AnyDvd was down and purchased DVD Fab Passkey DVD and DVD Fab Passkey Blu-ray. I do not really want to remove Passkey from the computer after just purchasing it. I had trouble activating it in the first place. Is there anything I can do with the settings to allow both on the computer?

Nope, anydvd doesn't like it when that thing is installed alongside due to how it works. In a way it 'corrupts' disc hashes that could pollute the OPD with hashes for discs that technically don't exist and that's not exactly wanted.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

They can both be installed however the OPD is disabled if it detects Passkey and that is done for very valid reasons. The OPD is very important. Not sure if Passkey similarly disables online database access when it senses AnyDVD. Regardless, the installation of both is definitely not recommended or supported.

Stupid question, couldn't one be off and not running? I can imagine doing this one day. As a rule I disable autostart and startup with Windows on almost anything.

Stupid question, couldn't one be off and not running? I can imagine doing this one day. As a rule I disable autostart and startup with Windows on almost anything.

Passkey is a driver. You can only uninstall it. In the past, AnyDVD got invalid disc ids while Passkey was running, so AnyDVD can't provide OPD access while Passkey is installed.

How is removing anydvd a solution to running both side along ? Oh wait, it isn't. If you're removing one they're not running next to each other. As far as the price goes, you need to check your facts. Anydvd hd does both dvd and Blu-ray for 1 price, and cheaper than the passkey combo of dvd and Blu-ray you need. Yes you need BOTH, because one can't handle the other.

Anyone claiming the opposite or accusing redfox of anything needs to get their head examined. If you're not going to give them a dime, then why are you here on the redfox forums?

Nope, anydvd doesn't like it when that thing is installed alongside due to how it works. In a way it 'corrupts' disc hashes that could pollute the OPD with hashes for discs that technically don't exist and that's not exactly wanted.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
Hello,
I have a similar scenario where I also will like to use both RedFox AnyDVD HD & Fab Passkey DVD-Blu-ray.
Can AnyDVD HD & Fab Passkey Be installed on the same computer but installed under different Users Accounts on the same computer?
Will this allow me to use them on the same computer without any 'corrupt disc hashes' or any other problems?
I would have to switch Users Accounts to use one or the other.
So far I have been running them on Two different computers.
Thank you.

Last edited:
The way anydvd is designed no, they cannot. Anydvd doesn't like passkey next to it, due to how passkey works. There's something in its operation that creates invalid disc data for the opd. Incorrect disc data cannot be tolerated to 'pollute' the opd. Which is why anydvd complains if passkey is installed too.

Hello,
I have a similar scenario where I also will like to use both RedFox AnyDVD HD & Fab Passkey DVD-Blu-ray.
Can AnyDVD HD & Fab Passkey Be installed on the same computer but installed under different Users Accounts on the same computer?
Will this allow me to use them on the same computer without any 'corrupt disc hashes' or any other problems?
I would have to switch Users Accounts to use one or the other.
So far I have been running them on Two different computers.
Thank you.
Thats like buying an old Ford and new Lamborghini , RedFox being the Lambo.

I Do Not want to 'pollute' the RedFox opd. :( So I will make sure that AnyDVD HD & DVDfab Passkey are Never on the same computer.
AnyDVD HD is Definitely a Excellent software, Top of the Line.

Thanks for your Help Ch3vr0n and RedFox 1

By the way, I already Repurchased my new RedFox AnyDVD HD, CloneCD, CloneDVDMobile license keys.
Looking forward to many more years of RedFox AnyDVD HD.

Last edited:
I Do Not want to 'pollute' the RedFox opd. :( So I will make sure that AnyDVD HD & DVDfab Passkey are Never on the same computer.
AnyDVD HD is Definitely a Excellent software, Top of the Line.

Thanks for the your Help Ch3vr0n and RedFox 1

By the way, I already Repurchased my new RedFox AnyDVD HD, CloneCD, CloneDVDMobile license keys.
Looking forward to many more years of RedFox AnyDVD HD.
And RedFox thanks you.

As far as the price goes, you need to check your facts. Anydvd hd does both dvd and Blu-ray for 1 price, and cheaper than the passkey combo of dvd and Blu-ray you need.

I'm sorry if I hurt a fanboy's feelings but you are wrong. I just bought a passkey that handles dvd AND Blu-ray for less than half the price being charged to buy yet another "lifetime" anydvd license (including the joke of a discount) and it works flawlessly.

What am I doing here? Well, I paid for a lifetime license for anydvd. Why shouldn't I be here? Oh that's right.. folks like you are still claiming that the same software, with the same name, being developed by the same people, etc is somehow totally different. Maybe the redfox folks can get over on someone like you but not all of us are totally stupid.

I'm sorry if I hurt a fanboy's feelings but you are wrong. I just bought a passkey that handles dvd AND Blu-ray for less than half the price being charged to buy yet another "lifetime" anydvd license (including the joke of a discount) and it works flawlessly.

What am I doing here? Well, I paid for a lifetime license for anydvd. Why shouldn't I be here? Oh that's right.. folks like you are still claiming that the same software, with the same name, being developed by the same people, etc is somehow totally different. Maybe the redfox folks can get over on someone like you but not all of us are totally stupid.
The only FANBOY is you, seriously.

Unlike the forums at DVDFab you are able to be annoying here and spam how much you love the "Blue Monkey." Try doing the same over there with RedFox and you will get messaged deleted.

The only FANBOY is you, seriously.

Moi? Nah.. I still have Anydvd 7.6.9.5 installed on another computer (after all, I paid a pretty penny for it) and will use it from time to time for as long as it lasts. I simply won't pay for the exact same software from the exact same folks again when, in a couple of years, they will most likely do the exact same thing again. Software isn't a religion with me and I just want something that does what I need. Passkey does the exact same thing for a lot less money and I haven't heard of them screwing over any license holders.. so. there's that.

... I haven't heard of them screwing over any license holders.. so. there's that.

March, 2014 their operation was shut down. After a number of months, operations resumed with a major change (the U.S. version no longer contained decryption abilities). After several more months, it was back to business as usual (only one international version). I don't know if this constitutes "screwing over any license holders" but there were a significant number of USA registered users who felt abandoned that the company didn't even respond to the litigation.

Back