• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Possible to have DVD Fab Passkey and AnyDvd on same computer

Moi? Nah.. I still have Anydvd 7.6.9.5 installed on another computer (after all, I paid a pretty penny for it) and will use it from time to time for as long as it lasts. I simply won't pay for the exact same software from the exact same folks again when, in a couple of years, they will most likely do the exact same thing again. Software isn't a religion with me and I just want something that does what I need. Passkey does the exact same thing for a lot less money and I haven't heard of them screwing over any license holders.. so. there's that.

Mr Stu2j, (is that pronounced "Stooge"?)
Before you make wild accusations - you might wanna read this:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/dvd-...shuts-down-surrounded-by-mystery-500990.shtml

Slysoft is way beyond "long gone" and it's owner with it.
"The Redfox Project" is a ground up operation run by former employees of Slysoft not person that owned Slysoft before the closure.
And there is no room to "do it again", because this team is the "bottom floor" as it were.
If Redfox ever dies - AnyDVD goes with it.

-W

Out of curiosity: Would it be possible to create a protection that makes a Blu-ray disc / a DVD refuse to play on a computer if AnyDVD or DVDFab Passkey is installed on it?

I imagine it like that: When the player software opens the disc, the disc's protection mechanism searches the Registry of the computer for entries of the two programs, and if some are found, the movie will not start, but a message will appear: "AnyDVD or DVDFab Passkey found. Please uninstall it to play this disc."
biggrin.gif

Moi? Nah.. I still have Anydvd 7.6.9.5 installed on another computer (after all, I paid a pretty penny for it) and will use it from time to time for as long as it lasts. I simply won't pay for the exact same software from the exact same folks again when, in a couple of years, they will most likely do the exact same thing again. Software isn't a religion with me and I just want something that does what I need. Passkey does the exact same thing for a lot less money and I haven't heard of them screwing over any license holders.. so. there's that.

:cry:

Can anyone imagine a disc protection like the one mentioned in Post #23?

Another variation: The protection would only check whether AnyDVD or DVDFab Passkey is running, and if so, a message would appear: "AnyDVD or DVDFab Passkey is running. Please close it to play this disc."
After closing the program, the disc could be played. :)

They already do, it's called screenpass / playing obfuscation. 'copy tool detected' in that case.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Can anyone imagine a disc protection like the one mentioned in Post #23?

Those checks could only really be implemented in a PC player itself like PowerDVD, but it would be pretty ineffective as the user would just use a different or older player version (since main protection is removed) or RedFox would find an alternative workaround to either hide AnyDVD or stop PowerDVD's checks.

As Ch3vr0n said they already have a much more effective implementation of this with Screen Pass protection, it doesn't actually check for specific programs installed/running, it just knows by the disc structure changes made by those programs then gives the "Copy detected" message.

Those checks could only really be implemented in a PC player itself like PowerDVD, but it would be pretty ineffective as the user would just use a different or older player version (since main protection is removed) or RedFox would find an alternative workaround to either hide AnyDVD or stop PowerDVD's checks.

Not entirely true - BD+ can do exactly that ;)
And does.
And independently of player version.

Not entirely true - BD+ can do exactly that ;)
And does.
And independently of player version.

Does BD+ specifically look for AnyDVD installation and program running or just check by what "player" AnyDVD is? Just curious :)

Does BD+ specifically look for AnyDVD installation and program running or just check by what "player" AnyDVD is? Just curious :)
It checks for a running AnyDVD in several ways.

Back