• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Peacock

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is more then just Peacock. It has Paramount Plus, Showtime, Nickelodeon, Sky, and movies from Universal and Dreamworks.

The website layout is a Peacock Clone....I didn't mean the content....should make it easier to work their magic if you follow my meaning.

Content wise....this is a Netflix Killer.

SkyShowtime currently (Scandinavia)
Less content than Paramount+
Kids cartoons missing dub audio
Missing alot of subtitles
Problems signing up to the site
Video bitrate is better than p+ (7 830 kb/s)
Audio is 96.0 kb/s DDP ??? (I believe P+ was 192 kb/s DDP)
Current state not a Netflix killer :D

I am also waiting anxiously for Peacock. Hulu now only has new NBC shows on the very expensive option. NBC shows like the Law & Order shows are on Peacock. I have been paying for no commercials on Peacock for a while now. I also watch MSNBC a lot.

I am also waiting anxiously for Peacock. Hulu now only has new NBC shows on the very expensive option. NBC shows like the Law & Order shows are on Peacock. I have been paying for no commercials on Peacock for a while now. I also watch MSNBC a lot.
Don't be anxious ... be patient

Watching MSNBC is bad for your health.
But...if you want to be anxious...think about the fact you'll either get Peacock or WWIII next. Peacock would be much more pleasant.

Oh...seriously though...Comcast still owns 33% of Hulu....don't know why they can't share at least the new episodes for a week or two.

SkyShowtime has a lot of issues right now, here in Sweden at least, missing subtitles here and there or all over the screen, audio sync issues etc etc .. with paramount now gone this would be an nice addition but perhaps wait a little and see how this one evolves if considering it, Paramount was a short lived subscription for me at least but perhaps this one will get better in time .. 50% off for life this month, signed up but even at 50% it feels kinda crappy right now with all these issues

SkyShowtime will prorobly get better really soon, its a bad idea to irritate a billion potential wiewers, but it is odd that its in this current state.
Maybe the switch from paramount came as a surprise it wuldent be the first time the higher upps make a dessision without properly preparing an organisation.

bleh, skyshowtime not available in SUI because stupid skytv is already here. damnit. i want local HBO and stuff (so i wont/dont have to deal with VPN). and i wont have it until 2025 when sky/HBO contract expires. fingers crossed HBO breaks their contract before that and finds it financially viable to pay penalties and recoup by adding new subscription users. hehe. oh, wait. skytv and skyshowtime is the same company, right?? bleh. ok, redfox... do skytv!! :)

Looks like Peacock Premium does not have a record feature, wonder if this would be an issue. I could be wrong though

Looks like Peacock Premium does not have a record feature, wonder if this would be an issue. I could be wrong though
Peacock is joining a consortium of other providers, if we are going to implement it, it will be for all regions, not just one. We do things the right way not the fast easy way. When and if it comes everyone will be able to enjoy it.

I am definitely hoping to see Peacock soon too!

Peacock is joining a consortium of other providers, if we are going to implement it, it will be for all regions, not just one. We do things the right way not the fast easy way. When and if it comes everyone will be able to enjoy it.
Are you talking about Peacock or SkyShowtime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back