• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Paying with bitcoin for US Purchasers using Circle

Thanks StuCF, this has been my experience with Circle as well, I had to upload front and back of my ID (driver's license) as well as take a selfie with a webcam (a bit awkward, since there's no countdown to adjust myself before taking the selfie). I have a debit VISA card from my local credit union, so maybe that has something to do with the extra security measures. Now, I just need to wait until there's a 20% discount again to purchase!

No problem. Yeah, I don't know if they'll ever have a 20% discount again (here's hoping), but I wanted to make the purchase before it ended to save as much as I could. I mean, I want to support the team that makes this great software, but it is a bit pricey. Especially for those that already had paid for a lifetime Slysoft AnyDVD HD license (like me). I'm not naive enough to actually have expected to be able to use it for a lifetime. I figured Slysoft would be taken down by some legal shenanigans (kinda like DVDFab) sooner or later (sooner, unfortunately is what happened) or whenever blu-ray would be replaced by the next gen. format rendering the software obsolete...however, I expected it to last more than a year. Redfox is offering 50% discounts to those that purchased a Slysoft lifetime license in December(?) 2015 or later, but doesn't apply to me since I bought mine early 2015. Still only a year, not a lifetime or even a couple of years, but whatever, excrement happens. (What I'm trying to say is; no, I'm not bitter, but if this kind of thing happens again?...then yeah I probably will be.)

That helped me out a lot. Thank you. My credit card would never work. Now can you use this to buy the CloneBD?

Now can you use this to buy the CloneBD?

CloneBD is an Elby product and they use a different payment processor that allows Visa, mastercard, diners. amex, paypal, etc. I didn't notice a bitcoin option. You can purchase CloneBD here.

I'm going to have to figure something else out via no way are they getting a pic of me or my drivers license

After two try's, Circle worked for me. The third was the charm. Third time was really fast. It let me use my MasterCard. Second time was my fault.

Thanks for the guide, circle worked great! Taking 10% on top was nice. The transaction was almost instantaneous and because circle is US based, no funky business getting my card to go through.

This was a nice idea. Now, however, I'm stuck with purchased bitcoin I can't access because they want ID I don't have. :/
They didn't ask for the ID until after I'd purchased the bitcoin.
Just a warning to others.

Transfer them to a different wallet then if you've already purchased the bitcoin. I would think they would want ID before you purchase the bitcoin. I only had to do a email verification. And I could use a card to pay for bitcoin when sending payment.

Create one with a different wallet host then send them to that address. I use electrum (pc wallet).

pic and drivers license required with circle ?

No id or any of that. It was no different than using paypal with a debit card. I did setup 2-step authentication. That, plus the fact that it's an american company with major backing eased my conscience.

Circle required pic and driver's license from me AFTER I had already bought the bitcoins. I had to talk to customer service to have the funds refunded and account closed.

I didn't buy any Bitcoin. I sent Bitcoin to pay for my purchase and funded it with my debit card in USD. I had a zero balance before and after my transaction. It was just like PayPal.

If you use a credit card or make more than $300 in Bitcoin transactions that falls under a different set of rules. Over $3000 puts you on yet another level.

pic and drivers license required with circle ?

'May' be required. Some people are asked for ID and some are not. I don't know what the criteria are so I can't add much more information than that.

I had to talk to customer service to have the funds refunded and account closed.

First time someone had this kind of issue. Thanks for reporting and glad you were able to resolve the issue with Circle. When there are problems it's good to know things are resolved properly. Hope you get your license purchase sorted out too.

If you use a credit card or make more than $300 in Bitcoin transactions that falls under a different set of rules. Over $3000 puts you on yet another level.

Is this information from Circle or just your general knowledge of how things work?

I tried to use Circle. I went and got a prepaid Visa, created the Circle account and then found out you cannot use a prepaid card. I don't link my debit or bank account to anyone (been burned in the past). The good news is I got my prepaid Visa from my credit union, and it was an international card. It went through without any trouble. I just missed out on the extra 10% off for btc.

I tried to use Circle. I went and got a prepaid Visa, created the Circle account and then found out you cannot use a prepaid card. I don't link my debit or bank account to anyone (been burned in the past). The good news is I got my prepaid Visa from my credit union, and it was an international card. It went through without any trouble. I just missed out on the extra 10% off for btc.

If you could fund with a credit card, you'd pay a fee that would reduce the discount under 10% but would still be a little less than full price. Good that your prepaid card was international. Congrats on your new license acquisition.

So my understand (reading there website) you can pay with circle (USA purshase) using a debit card without the bitcoins correct?

Back