• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Paying with bitcoin for US Purchasers using Circle

Now I can only wait and hope that the money is not charged to my debit card only to be converted into bitcoin and transferred into oblivion.

Another user reported here a similar experience to yours. They purchased bitcoin before being asked for ID. They say they called Circle customer service to get a refund and close their account but that everything worked out. Let us know if your experience is different.

I followed the instructions on this forum and circle didn't ask me for my photo ID until after I placed the order and had the transaction pending. I didn't have the pictures of my myself and my ID readily available, so I cancelled the transaction on both the Circle website and the Redfox website. I got an email confirmation from Redfox saying that the transaction had been cancelled, but it still shows as pending on the Circle website and hour and a half later. Now I can only wait and hope that the money is not charged to my debit card only to be converted into bitcoin and transferred into oblivion.

Go to https://blockchain.info and search for the Bitcoin address you got from RedFox.
I just checked it and the amounts were 0, so no transaction has been made.
Even if you canceled the RedFox order, you could still use the same Bitcoin address (or place a new order if you prefer). Just drop me a note then, since I have to re-avtivate the order (doesn't matter if you note me before or after you did the Bitcoin transfer).

Go to https://blockchain.info and search for the Bitcoin address you got from RedFox.
I just checked it and the amounts were 0, so no transaction has been made.
Even if you canceled the RedFox order, you could still use the same Bitcoin address (or place a new order if you prefer). Just drop me a note then, since I have to re-avtivate the order (doesn't matter if you note me before or after you did the Bitcoin transfer).
Thanks, it looks like the transaction finally shows that it failed on the Circle website. The Circle website is obviously useless when it comes to displaying the true status of a "pending" transaction. It looks like its still in its beta stage and needs improvement. They say I have to wait another 3-4 business days for my account to be usable without any real explanation as to why.

I tried to purchase with bitcoin through Circle and take advantage of the extra 10% offer but the transaction was declined. When I called to find out why, they said that redfox.bz had been flagged as a piracy purchase. They said it was against their terms. They refunded me my money back onto my card, but they terminated my account. I tried to explain that I was going to use it to back up my own disks, but they would not allow the purchase through Circle. Just a heads up.

That's the first report but not surprising. Makes me wonder though how they did. Btc addresses are virtually annonymous

That's the first report but not surprising. Makes me wonder though how they did. Btc addresses are virtually annonymous
yeah, I was actually wondering the same thing. So right now, unless for some reason they were only able to trace back my redfox address, the 10% bitcoin savings won't work. At least not through Circle.

the 10% isn't bound to circle, it's "bound" to bitcoin. Any bitcoin provider (other than circle then i guess) will work.

When I called to find out why, they said that redfox.bz had been flagged as a piracy purchase.
Thanks for the info vitop.

@Sabertooth: I think it's about time for a new thread "Paying with Bitcoin for US Purchasers using something else..."

:dance:

It's a shame. I also tried three times to pay by Visa and the first two times my bank declined it even after I responded to an email asking me if it was a fraudulent transaction. I had to try a third time with the bank rep on the phone and it still does not show a completed transaction. It shows payment pending. I hope the powers that be do not strangle Redfox's revenues by making it so hard to pay them. It seems like their intention. Hopefully soon, I will get a confirming email on the status.

When I tried to add money to my Circle account, I got an email from Circle saying it had to wait a few weeks to verify my bank account. By then, the sales will have been over. I don't have a Visa card. Does anyone know a way to send payment faster?

It shows payment pending.
...because I had to look at it (and do some 'magic') before we pass the transaction to our PSP. Transaction was successful and you should already have your license in your inbox.

Thank you for supporting our project!

Makes me wonder though how they did.
Oh, that's very easy for them. Circle can identify RedFox purchases with help of 2 "red flags":
  1. HTTP-Referer of your browser. Clicking the circle link in Sabertooth's first post will tell them where you came from. Gotcha!
  2. The amount you gonna change. Normal people might change e.g. 100 USD. A RedFox 'piracy purchaser' will change 93.25 USD into Bitcoin. Gotcha!
But don't blame Circle. I guess, they just don't want to get abused as a 'payment gateway'.

oh i'm not blaming them. In my mind, it's not up to them with who or where you make a purchase. Their job is to turn cash into bitcoin, and thats it. Not dictate how and where you spend it.

When I tried to add money to my Circle account, I got an email from Circle saying it had to wait a few weeks to verify my bank account. By then, the sales will have been over. I don't have a Visa card. Does anyone know a way to send payment faster?
Circle will very likely not process any more payments connected in any way with RedFox. We are working on a new Bitcoin guide. And we'll find soon another reason (X-mas?) for a new discount....

...because I had to look at it (and do some 'magic') before we pass the transaction to our PSP. Transaction was successful and you should already have your license in your inbox.

Thank you for supporting our project!
Sure did. Thanks! The transaction went through, but it was not easy to buy. I understand why and it is definitely not Redfox's fault, but it still sucks to have to be that way. Hope you guys make it easier for people to pay you so that more people in fact will buy.

Circle will very likely not process any more payments connected in any way with RedFox. We are working on a new Bitcoin guide. And we'll find soon another reason (X-mas?) for a new discount....
yeah, my first experience with Bitcoin. I REALLY wanted that damned 10% extra discount, lol. I am not sure I am going to try any more bitcoin transactions any time soon.

There's little RedFox can do. It's all down to the payment processor (located in asia, banks don't like that) and it's near impossible for RedFox to get mastercard approval because they're a project and not a company.

1. Open your Circle account as normal.

2. If you have an Android phone, go to the playstore and download this app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.schildbach.wallet
3. Once your Circle account is setup and you have set up the bitcoin app on your phone. Get the address for your phones bitcoin account. Then send money from Circle to your phones address.

4. Then you can spend your bitcoins however you like. From your phone.
5. Circle also has an Android app which is much easier to use than the desktop program.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.circle.android In fact if you use the phone app to scan the Redfox address it may bypass any type of flagging Circle is doing. That is if Redfox is not identifying it self through the bitcoin address in any way.

I think it's about time for a new thread "Paying with Bitcoin for US Purchasers using something else..."
The reason I posted about Circle was because it was the easiest to use of the ones I looked at. Others are certainly doable but a good set of instructions will be even more necessary..

Back