• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Online Protection Database Error - OPD Down as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the first one at the first link that works (ends with a 2). Just put that one in, and ping key.slysoft.com from command prompt. Make sure it's getting responses, and showing the correct IP. If that works, AnyDVD should work with it.

You might have had read errors if MakeMKV wasn't properly removing the copy protection. So it may not be the drive. (Could be a bad disc too, I suppose)

But try the ping first, make absolutely certain your computer is resolving the domain correctly.

Thanks. I did get it to work, however it does appear that I still had a bad disk that couldn't be read.

I am still having issues getting this to work. does this file and location look correct for Win 7 ?

Attachments

• Capture one.PNG
    Capture one.PNG
    74.7 KB · Views: 34
  • notepad file.PNG
    notepad file.PNG
    41.2 KB · Views: 36
For starters no it doesn't, both the contents, location and filename are wrong. You didn't follow instructions. As previously stated and as stated within the hosts file itself, adding a # in front of a line makes it a comment and not implemented.

That said, hosts file modifications are no longer required. Everything you need to know is in the updated 'key server sticky' in general discussion.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

That said, hosts file modifications are no longer required. Everything you need to know is in the updated 'key server sticky' in general discussion.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
We will still be having people asking about the hosts modification, a few won't bother reading the updated stickies.

I know :p

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

We will still be having people asking about the hosts modification, a few won't bother reading the updated stickies.
To be fair, some of the confusion (for me at least) is due to the nature of the somewhat ambiguous instructions. I can't find a updated "key server sticky in general discussion"; I can't even find a "general discussion" as such, the closest I can find is a sticky about pdb 1.0(a), but it's so old it's hard to believe that's what's being referred to as 'updated'. I've been through all the stickies in all the forums, so go ahead and mock me, but I haven't been able to ID for sure what CH3vr0n is talking about for sure, maybe lost in translation. I did try pdb, it failed, but arguably it could be because the disc I used was No Time To Die and might be too recent for a remedy.

Last edited:
To be fair, some of the confusion (for me at least) is due to the nature of the somewhat ambiguous instructions. I can't find a updated "key server sticky in general discussion"; I can't even find a "general discussion" as such, the closest I can find is a sticky about pdb 1.0(a), but it's so old it's hard to believe that's what's being referred to as 'updated'. I've been through all the stickies in all the forums, so go ahead and mock me, but I haven't been able to ID for sure what CH3vr0n is talking about for sure, maybe lost in translation. I did try pdb, it failed, but arguably it could be because the disc I used was No Time To Die and might be too recent for a remedy.
You are replying to a 6 year old thread with obsolete information regarding SlySoft downfall. So, you are indeed very wrong here.

You are replying to a 6 year old thread with obsolete information regarding SlySoft downfall. So, you are indeed very wrong here.
Right you are. no wonder I'm so confused. So the only option at this time is hosts? And there is no newer version of the downloadable opdb than 1.0a?

Right you are. no wonder I'm so confused. So the only option at this time is hosts? And there is no newer version of the downloadable opdb than 1.0a?
I assume you are talking about this?
https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/anydvd-protection-database-1-0-beta.77634/
This is the latest and greatest version with all BD+ keys. As BD+ is dead, no new version is required. Apart from that, I have no idea what your problem is. Do you have a opened a troubleshooting thread?
EDIT:
If you didn't yet, don't forget to include all the gory details describing your problem and an AnyDVD logfile.

No, wasn't sure whether the disc I mentioned was too new to be in your database or not. Will open on thread on it.
Is hosts working for UHD discs?
Hosts? Forget everything written in this thread, it is obsolete and completely useless.
The "database" mentioned wasn't for UHD anyway. I will close here now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back