• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Online Protection Database Error - OPD Down as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What??? They've shut down? I only bought the software with lifetime updates last week...
Wonder if I get a chargeback on my credit card...

Last edited:
And I ended up using only one the last one on the list to get mine working. Maybe I should add the other 2 just to cover my bases?

Ping statistics for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Failed for all three IP Addresses reported elsewhere.

I just tried a DVD and the status window reported "using online database!" Does that mean the OPD is still working?

Pinging the ip address's as I type this with no failed packets. Not sure on which 3 you are using though so that might be it.

Pinging the ip address's as I type this with no failed packets. Not sure on which 3 you are using though so that might be it.
As I said, it is the three addresses most referred to on the other sites that are talking about it.

I am not too surprised I don't get valid ping backs considering who my ISP happens to be.

you add them all 3, and you always add it below the introduction text
Strange from home when I use that link I get only two IP not 3 IP? But from work I saw like 5 IP address is there something I am missing when using the same link from home compared to at work. Can anyone else confirm this?

Now the site I see one was from virus scan and one is from whois and they look so different?

5 ip's? Doubt it. I've only ever seen 3

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

5 ip's? Doubt it. I've only ever seen 3

Ok that sounds right...but I will check from work again later this week to see if it changes. But I do know from when it was first posted about the IP I have one that the current one doesn't show. The first when posted had only 2 IP showing and now the update link shows 3 IP.

That's because as a fellow myce editor (I do a piece every now and then) I have a direct line to JW who wrote it. Had him edit the article and change the URL ;-)

Here is a link that I used first and it shows 2 ip's sorta but the newest one was what you want:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/domain/key.slysoft.com/information/

The other link I used earlier showed 3 which also include the one above and 2 others.
https://who.is/whois/key.slysoft.com

Both get you the same ip's in a different way. I happen to think the first link I posted is the more straight forward if you just need one and want the lastest one used. Though I could be reading this all wrong that is the one I used and is working for me at the moment.

Just went through all of Sons of Anarchy collecting caches since I'm watching that right now. Oddly enough the last season didn't seem to use BD+. Going to continue with all the other Fox discs in my collection, better safe than sorry.

Here is a link that I used first and it shows 2 ip's sorta but the newest one was what you want:

The other link I used earlier showed 3 which also include the one above and 2 others.

Both get you the same ip's in a different way. I happen to think the first link I posted is the more straight forward if you just need one and want the lastest one used. Though I could be reading this all wrong that is the one I used and is working for me at the moment.

I used the first IP to modify my host files but I'm unable to ping key.slysoft.com, nor is my retail copy of Spectre is not able to communicate with the OPD. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?

I used the first IP to modify my host files but I'm unable to ping key.slysoft.com, nor is my retail copy of Spectre is not able to communicate with the OPD. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong?
Did you reboot after saving the hosts file? That worked for me.

Yup, I made sure I rebooted after modifying the host file and saving it.

Yup, I made sure I rebooted after modifying the host file and saving it.
Then I don't know, other than to double check that everything really is correct and you don't have any erroneous or rogue characters or spaces in the file. I used the first IP in the first link and I'm connecting right now.

Question? If another user has the cached file required for decryption of a particular disc, wouldn't you be able to copy it to your cached folder and possibly decrypt? If so then for those users who haven't backed up a particular movie could receive that file from another helpful user who already has and is willing to provide it.

Viable?

Then I don't know, other than to double check that everything really is correct and you don't have any erroneous or rogue characters or spaces in the file. I used the first IP in the first link and I'm connecting right now.

I finally fixed the problem. I backed up the host file and created a brand new one with just the IP and hostname. Everything is working properly now. Thanks for the help!

Well I'm done, a grand total of 70 entries in the cache folder. At least I can sleep easy knowing I won't suddenly be unable to play any of my already purchased discs. Unless some studio other than Fox/MGM used BD+? I spot-checked discs from every label I could find in my collection and the Fox discs were the only ones that had to connect to the OPD.

Same here. I only have around 40 titles from fox or fox/mgm as some of them are labled. Funny story. I bought the Rocky Bluray set with all 5 movies and Balboa in it. The only title to not have BD+ in it was the newest one Balboa lol. And not all the fox/mgm titles have bd+. Anything mastered before 2008ish or so will most likely not have it for sure and some tv shows they just don't seem to care about. X-Files is a brand new release for them of the old classic show and it has no BD+. However Dollhouse from 2010 I have had for ages and it's got BD+ on every disc. So it's not that they don't care about all tv shows but certain ones you can see they put no effort into adding BD+ in. My curiosity is why more studios aren't using BD+ as a standard and another big question I have is why so many newer BD titles are still be mastered with older AACS encryption and not the most recent. That one still has me puzzled. IF you were a studio wound't you want to use the latest and best methods you have available on every disc you make to protect their content? lol

My curiosity is why more studios aren't using BD+ as a standard and another big question I have is why so many newer BD titles are still be mastered with older AACS encryption and not the most recent. That one still has me puzzled. IF you were a studio wound't you want to use the latest and best methods you have available on every disc you make to protect their content? lol

The studios have to pay additional licensing costs/fees to use protections like BD+

Checked again and it shows two IP.

Checked and it shows no IP address this time...I think they got Cease and Decease from Studios so the IP aren't there anymore.
The first one works but the second one seem to be missing the IP address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back