• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Online Protection Database Error - OPD Down as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalone

Read the thread still had a hard time believing it. Kinda like being stunned more like it. Even still need to be sure that the Online Protection DB is down as well. I tried my copy of fast & furious 7 and it plays so no issue there but the logs in anydvd did scare me some. Error stated was:

Warning, OPD error: HTTP error 12007!

At first I checked to be sure my license was working and not in some trial mode. It appears to be fine.

Can anyone confirm if they can still access the OPD or cannot?

Same here just now......

Worked yesterday, didn't notice if OPD message was there. Gonna try anyway and see what happens. Somebody said somewhere here in the forum regarding a question about firewalling the product to prevent spying I guess and the I think Slysoft rep said the servers and all are and will be Slysoft's property and were secure and working? Found it.....

TomSlySoft Team MemberStaff Member
"No worries about that. Nobody is listening:
1) WE shut down the servers, not an authority
2) All our servers are still under OUR control
3) Our servers are all ENCRYPTED

So relax."

Only bad thing beside no more updating is "1) WE shut down the servers, not an authority"

I'm guessing that is where the OPD error is coming from. If thats the case, why not turn them back on??

Last edited:
@mcmenace Are you referring to the pc firewalls we have on our end or the firewalls they have in place on slysofts end? Was kinda hard to tell by your post sorry for misunderstanding.

@mcmenace Are you referring to the pc firewalls we have on our end or the firewalls they have in place on slysofts end? Was kinda hard to tell by your post sorry for misunderstanding.

Referring to a question regarding this subject posed here.....

https://forum.slysoft.com/threads/slysoft-closed.68304/page-2

Personally didn't occur to me and not worried, but a legitimate question.

Getting what appears to be a good backup in spite of Warning, OPD error: HTTP error 12007!

ISSUE RESOLVED - Thanks for all the kind replies

Just tried this on Spectre and got all kinds of warnings. How did you get it to work?

Video Blu-ray label: Spectre
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 56
Warning, OPD error: !
ERROR: online decryption database required!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Last edited:
Just tried this on Spectre and got all kinds of warnings. How did you get it to work?

Video Blu-ray label: Spectre
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 56
Warning, OPD error: !
ERROR: online decryption database required!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!
Follow the link and instructions I just posted...I already did and got it working....I did create a pdf of news link and the other site link just in case. They might change but keep that site link saved to update if need be. I also don't want to post the setting just in case they are watching Slysoft site for this.

@digitalone-did you get it to work or what happened?

Last edited:
I posted this on the AnyDVD site, but it might be helpful here too.

From: http://www.myce.com/news/slysoft-developer-anydvd-will-continue-to-work-78688/

AnyDVD (HD) uses a so called “Online Protection Database” (OPD) that contains information about discs that helps the software to remove the copy protection from them. Now Slysoft has closed down, the OPD can be taken offline any moment. Nevertheless, without the OPD the software is able to continue to work. Below an overview posted by the Slysoft developer on what will work and what won’t.

• DVDs: All DVDs should continue work. OPD is only used to speed up things, it is optional.
  • HD-DVDs: All work.
  • Blu-Ray AACS: AnyDVD contains data for roughly 130000 discs, these will continue to work. Discs not included in AnyDVD will need the OPD. OPD results will be cached locally, if you copy the cache, you can move it to another PC.
  • Blu-Ray BD+, 20th Century Fox: Recent discs (1-2 years?) need OPD. Older titles work. OPD results will be cached locally, if you copy the cache, you can move it to another PC.
  • Blu-Ray Java protection (mostly Lionsgate): Recent discs (1 year?) need OPD. Older titles work. OPD results are not cached.
  • Blu-ray cinavia: Will continue to work with current players & software.
According to the same developer the OPD servers are currently still up. They can be taken offline without any warning but also might stay online for a while. Because the DNS entries are removed AnyDVD currently can’t reach them, but this can be solved by modifying your ‘hosts file’.

This can be done by starting Notepad as administrator. To do so, right-click the Notepad icon and select ‘Run as Administrator’. When Notepad has started open the ‘hosts file’ by navigating to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.

Then add to that file the following line: [
IP address of the key server] key.slysoft.com

And save the file.

From: http://www.myce.com/news/slysoft-developer-anydvd-will-continue-to-work-78688/

AnyDVD (HD) uses a so called “Online Protection Database” (OPD) that contains information about discs that helps the software to remove the copy protection from them. Now Slysoft has closed down, the OPD can be taken offline any moment. Nevertheless, without the OPD the software is able to continue to work. Below an overview posted by the Slysoft developer on what will work and what won’t.

• DVDs: All DVDs should continue work. OPD is only used to speed up things, it is optional.
  • Blu-Ray AACS: AnyDVD contains data for roughly 130000 discs, these will continue to work. Discs not included in AnyDVD will need the OPD. OPD results will be cached locally, if you copy the cache, you can move it to another PC.
  • Blu-Ray BD+, 20th Century Fox: Recent discs (1-2 years?) need OPD. Older titles work. OPD results will be cached locally, if you copy the cache, you can move it to another PC.
  • Blu-Ray Java protection (mostly Lionsgate): Recent discs (1 year?) need OPD. Older titles work. OPD results are not cached.
According to the same developer the OPD servers are currently still up. They can be taken offline without any warning but also might stay online for a while. Because the DNS entries are removed AnyDVD currently can’t reach them, but this can be solved by modifying your ‘hosts file’.

This can be done by starting Notepad as administrator. To do so, right-click the Notepad icon and select ‘Run as Administrator’. When Notepad has started open the ‘hosts file’ by navigating to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.

And save the file.

Welche der 3 IP Adressen muss ich eingeben? Sorry bin hier nicht so ein Fachmann.

@Recycle Mission accomplished. Picked the last ip address of the 3 lol and bingo. My issue was picking the right one. Updating hosts files was the easy part since MS likes to break dns for it's WIndows Media Center products often lmao.

And save the file.

Question: I did all that you suggested, but I see that there are 3 domains. Do I add all of them to the hosts file?

Also, does it matter whether I add it at the end of the hosts file or the beginning?

Thank you.

all 3 yes, if 1 fails it'll move on to the next. You don't know which one of the servers will hold the key for the disc you've inserted. If there was only 1 IP, the ip lookup would only mention one, there's 3 of them. You do the math ;)

@Recycle Mission accomplished. Picked the last ip address of the 3 lol and bingo. My issue was picking the right one. Updating hosts files was the easy part since MS likes to break dns for it's WIndows Media Center products often lmao.
Odd I used only two IP address when I found them and it's working fine. Might've have changed since I made it. But I'll check tonight and see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back