• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Online Protection Database Error - OPD Down as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Ex employees of Slysoft: First of all I'd like to express my sympathy. Really sorry to see Slysoft shutting down and you losing your jobs. I've always been a big fan of your software (I purchased lifetime licenses of AnyDVD, AnyDVD HD and Clone CD). I hope everybody will soon find new jobs. But now I've also got a question. It has been promised by Slysoft to release a final AnyDVD HD version containing a database with all the necessary decryption data in case of shutdown of Slysoft. Given the fact that so far nothing like this has been released I'm wondering why the promise has not been kept so far. It's perfectly clear to me that there is a possibility that Slysoft might have been forced into a agreement not to release anything to the public anymore. But if this is indeed the case why is there no statement saying so? I'm sure all Slysoft customers would highly appreciate one last release AnyDVD HD with all the encryption data. Or a clear statement why this is not possible. If you are still in control of the OPD servers and if they are still online another solution would be to simply give users the possibility to download the entire database themselves.

Thanks in advance for your reply. I really look forward to hearing from you.

Here is a link that I used first and it shows 2 ip's sorta but the newest one was what you want:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/domain/key.slysoft.com/information/

The other link I used earlier showed 3 which also include the one above and 2 others.
https://who.is/whois/key.slysoft.com

Both get you the same ip's in a different way. I happen to think the first link I posted is the more straight forward if you just need one and want the lastest one used. Though I could be reading this all wrong that is the one I used and is working for me at the moment.

I tried the 2nd link and couldn't find any IP addresses at all. I put the 2 from the first link into my hosts file, but that didn't work. And I have tried restarting my computer.

Of course, the title I'm trying to rip right now (The Martian) seems to work okay with makeMKV as I have ripped most of the titles from the disk and it starts to work on the main movie, but seems to fail at some point. So, even if I get anyDVD working, it seems my drive is having issues reading the drive anyway.

It's the first one at the first link that works (ends with a 2). Just put that one in, and ping key.slysoft.com from command prompt. Make sure it's getting responses, and showing the correct IP. If that works, AnyDVD should work with it.

You might have had read errors if MakeMKV wasn't properly removing the copy protection. So it may not be the drive. (Could be a bad disc too, I suppose)

But try the ping first, make absolutely certain your computer is resolving the domain correctly.

@rik1138,

I tried pinging all 3 IPs, and all 3 failed.

Yet I edited my hosts file and AnyDVD now can access the server.

I can confirm it works. I've also put that ip in my hosts file and I can successfully ping key.slysoft.com.

Same here. I can confirm that as of today (2/28), the IP ending in a 2 works to allow OPD to link up with the server. Long live Slysoft!

Well glad I made a pdf of both sites now the whois no longer shows the IP address.

Can some1 help me with this please eont let me save after i add isps1456787283822-1154472207.jpg

Read the post about the key server again in GD. you didnt do it right.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

You can see them on the previous page or the sticky in GD.

I'm a long time user of Slysoft products with Lifetime licenses but know little about Host files or editing them. Would anyone be willing to PM me and help with very detailed instructions on setting this up? Thanks!

Mike

you might want to read the post above yours. It is already stated were the instructions are located :) Sticky in the GD section ;)

edit: Nevermind, I just tried another disc and didn't get the error; I guess it was just a temporary issue.

Last edited:
Do the instructions say to only add a single IP? I guarantee you they don't. As such you didn't do what the post tells you to do.

Do the instructions say to only add a single IP? I guarantee you they don't. As such you didn't do what the post tells you to do.

The one I had all along worked fine up until earlier and when I started getting the error I added the other two only to still get the error. So yeah, I did do what the post said to do. Once the error stopped I commented out the 2 extra IPs and it is still working.

No you didn't. The post only states to add all 3 ip's, it doesn't state at any point to remove any IP let alone 2. I know, I wrote the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back