• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New protection!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

apachehavok

Confirmed!!

Now im not going to get into all of this but someone else here had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM.

Like the other person I am a VFX professional that gets screeners. I legally get these and I want to put them on my computer to I can destroy the disk as my computer is very secure and I dont want anyone swiping the disk (like the other poster, I can confirm with moderators that I am a VFX professional that works on major films)

The screener of (check other thread for title) has a NEW protection!

Here is the info.

Its burned to a DVDr or +r. Not a pressed disk

- Windows will see it as ~4gb.
- When you open the contents, it has a video_TS folder that is blank
- The root has video.ifo files and .vob's but they are all around 30kb
- When selecting all the files on the disk it shows it as only ~800kb (with hidden files of course turned on)
- Dvd Decryptor will start to rip it but error after 40mb
- ALL major ripping software will rip a video_ts folder that is empty.

Anydvd looks at the disk for around 2 seconds and the log just spits out region free and no protection.

NOT THE CASE.

This has a NEW protection on it obviously. Anyone EVER hear of this before??

*** I would like to also add that even though its not a pressed disk, it IS an original as it has a barcode embedded on the label that identity's me so it wont get distributed.

Last edited:
Confirmed!!

Now im not going to get into all of this but someone else here had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM.

Like the other person I am a VFX professional that gets screeners. I legally get these and I want to put them on my computer to I can destroy the disk as my computer is very secure and I dont want anyone swiping the disk (like the other poster, I can confirm with moderators that I am a VFX professional that works on major films)

The screener of (check other thread for title) has a NEW protection!

Here is the info.

Its burned to a DVDr or +r. Not a pressed disk

- Windows will see it as ~4gb.
- When you open the contents, it has a video_TS folder that is blank
- The root has video.ifo files and .vob's but they are all around 30kb
- When selecting all the files on the disk it shows it as only ~800kb (with hidden files of course turned on)
- Dvd Decryptor will start to rip it but error after 40mb
- ALL major ripping software will rip a video_ts folder that is empty.

Anydvd looks at the disk for around 2 seconds and the log just spits out region free and no protection.

NOT THE CASE.

This has a NEW protection on it obviously. Anyone EVER hear of this before??

*** I would like to also add that even though its not a pressed disk, it IS an original as it has a barcode embedded on the label that identity's me so it wont get distributed.

Is there a reason why you can't provide a log file? Your asking for help but giving nothing can really help others know what is really going on? And to reiterate not all problems are the same just because they look the same. No one hardware or software is configured the same or matches what one sets. So saying having the same problem is akin .... comparing apples to orange...two very different situation even though they are fruits....

Last edited:
not at home right now so I cant get you the log file till tonight but its IDENTICAL (minus system info) to the other one posted by the other member having this issue

If you had bothered to read the previous thread, as you insist you did, you would have read this is NOT an AnyDVD problem. A garbage burn, yes, not something AnyDVD can do to correct. And no log file makes any help someone could provide even less likely.

There is good reason why the disk is protected this way. I doubt very much that Slysoft will do anything until the protection is widespread.

There is nothing the log file can tell you.

Anydvd acts as if you inserted a dvd with nothing but a blank video_ts folder on it. Thats it.

I was just trying to see if anyone actually heard or ran into this type of protection before. Obviously not, so thanks.

I don't believe a word you write before you post an AnyDVD info zip file.

Ill post the full log when I get home but this is the info its spitting out to a friend on his laptop (no internet connectivity)

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 7.1.2.2, BDPHash.bin 12-11-23)
BD-5750H-01 1.09 B563940V09382316
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 2221600 sectors (4339 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: WIR
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free

**** I'm telling ya guys right now this is something new... The ONLY program I can get to actually start copying files is the old dvd decryptor but it stops after 40mb. All other software just reports it as a disk with an empty video_ts folder.

Last edited:
Sounds like someone needs attention LOL.:D:D Post a logfile and lets see this protection, until then , lets take a deep breath and enjoy the day.

Last edited:
Ok I will right when I get home. Just so I make sure that I'm giving you exactly what you need, what is the exact procedure I should follow to get you the log file?

I seem to see these threads a lot. "I'll post the log file when I get home."

Why not just wait to post the thread until you have the disc and can actually post the log file? :bang:

I seem to see these threads a lot. "I'll post the log file when I get home."

Why not just wait to post the thread until you have the disc and can actually post the log file? :bang:

Wanna bet the OP disappears and so no log file ever shows up?

New year, odd 'AnyDVD can't decrypt this disc' topic from someone that usually almost always ends up disappearing from the Forum after awhile, without posting a logfile.

:confused:

New year, odd 'AnyDVD can't decrypt this disc' topic from someone that usually almost always ends up disappearing from the Forum after awhile, without posting a logfile.

:confused:

Especially typically ironic is a noob demanding we take their word that they have discovered a new protection!!!! Without proof, of course.

Uh, yeah, ri-i-i-i-i-ight. :bang:

Slysoft doesn't really do anything with respect to how screener discs are protected since - as far as I am aware - the "protection" isn't what is seen on retail discs. They haven't cared to mess around with the protections on screeners in the past so... is this really a "new" protection or just the same one that Slysoft hasn't worried about previously? In short, I don't expect Slysoft to "fix" anything for a screener disc.

Last edited:
Im not expecting slysoft to fix the issue at all.

Im interested in what the community thinks here with this protection. I have, as well as my friends and studio mates, have been getting screeners for YEARS now due to us working in VFX but this is the FIRST time a disk is unrippable.

Still at work so ill post later tonight with the log but essentially windows and every other DVD ripping software see a disk at ~4gb but when exploring the video TS, its empty....

anyone hear of any protection like that at all? Not for movies even but for data of sorts?

For the time being just use Audials 9.Put the disc into drive press play and screen record,it will record in exact same quality as is on screen and will save as avi/mp4 file..good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back