• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

New protection!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So anyone want to elaborate on anything? Mentioned you found something out of the ordinary. I'm traveling back home next week so I'm going to destroy the disk (I never travel with screeners in case I lose it) so if anyone wants to elaborate on what they found that would be great.

Im not expecting to rip this disk as it seems it cant be ripped by any current means but would like to open a discussion on how a dvd drive can burn such a protection on a dvd-r disk!

So anyone want to elaborate on anything? Mentioned you found something out of the ordinary. I'm traveling back home next week so I'm going to destroy the disk (I never travel with screeners in case I lose it) so if anyone wants to elaborate on what they found that would be great.

Im not expecting to rip this disk as it seems it cant be ripped by any current means but would like to open a discussion on how a dvd drive can burn such a protection on a dvd-r disk!
Hi Apache Havok, ( like the screen name) , I would guess if the developers have something to add they will, stay tuned, and keep us updated on your findings. Thanks for sharing.

Cool Cool.

Well, you guys have my findings, my log file, and mentioned that there are some out of the ordinary things here.

Hopefully this can spark some interest on combating a protection that defeated all major DVD rippers as well as anydvd on a non pressed burned dvd-r!

Very interesting stuff!

Cool Cool.

Well, you guys have my findings, my log file, and mentioned that there are some out of the ordinary things here.

Hopefully this can spark some interest on combating a protection that defeated all major DVD rippers as well as anydvd on a non pressed burned dvd-r!

Very interesting stuff!

Indeed. Unfortunately AnyDVD is so damned confused, that it didn't produce a usable logfile, so I can't remove the protection remotely.

Indeed. Unfortunately AnyDVD is so damned confused, that it didn't produce a usable logfile, so I can't remove the protection remotely.

sounds like a challenge to me. :bang:

Well if it is indeed such a confusing protection, it could verywell help to provide James with the UPC barcode on the back of the cover of the original and perhaps a link on where to purchase the disc. That way they can order the disc, and deal with it hands on.

It's not a retail disc so no one will be able to purchase it.

Well if it is indeed such a confusing protection, it could verywell help to provide James with the UPC barcode on the back of the cover of the original and perhaps a link on where to purchase the disc. That way they can order the disc, and deal with it hands on.

It could verywell help to read the thread before posting suggestions.

The screener of (check other thread for title) has a NEW protection!

Last edited:
forgot about that :p

@James; would cloneCD (with anydvd disabled?) not be able to make a copy that perhaps could be sent to you to decrypt it?

Nope.

Any dvd ripping software I tried (clonedvd, dvd shrink, dvd dycryptor, dvdfab, handbreak) you name it. ALL of them produce an empty video_TS folder.

It seems that the REAL contents of the video_ts folder arent unlocked until you hit accept at the main menu.

What else is interesting is there are files on the root of the disk

This is amazing stuff. I freaking DVD-R!!! People a DVD-r. Not even a pressed disk....

regardless of all of that, if they find out a screener has protection that AnyDvd can't or won't crack, then bingo... lookout!!! :confused:

regardless of all of that, if they find out a screener has protection that AnyDvd can't or won't crack, then bingo... lookout!!! :confused:

Nope.
If the protection ever appeared on a commercial DVD, AnyDVD would quickly defeat it.

-W

Your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.

The Achille's Heel has been exposed many times for software prevention of copying... and though I am a devote supporter of AnyDVD, my money goes nowhere but to the developers... it would only take time for someone to wake up and realize there may be a hardware solution to prevent copying.

Create disks that can play, but cannot be read bit for bit. I mean, .. how many times have we seen File IO 3, prevent a disk from being copied? Almost every single time.

If it's software related... you're damn right, my money is on Slysoft and the crew... because I've been a supporter since I can barely remember, but I fear that the battle rages on. Just seems the main stream industry isn't paying much attention... so let's only hope they continue to do so.

But... if someone gets wind on how to make disks FileIO3 competent... that may spell the end.. but who knows? Perhaps a disk that can tell if it's in a stand alone player, vs a computer? Thus rendering AnyDVD moot? Only time can tell if those that are intent on defeating AnyDVD pay attention to these threads.

But... if someone gets wind on how to make disks FileIO3 competent... that may spell the end.. but who knows? Perhaps a disk that can tell if it's in a stand alone player, vs a computer? Thus rendering AnyDVD moot? Only time can tell if those that are intent on defeating AnyDVD pay attention to these threads.

Don't worry, this will never work.

Which is why I don't chime in as much to the threads! :D

I come here to get updates, and read all the new threads... more often then not, by the time I get a disk, you and the crew are three steps ahead of it..

Ya, they've been trying to create "new" file IO3 errors forever - that's "structural copy protection". They deal with that every day.

-W

It seems though that this is different seeing as the disk was actually structured differently then regular disks.

There were files on the root that normally appear in the video_ts folder and a video_ts folder that was encrypted without accepting a license.

Such a different way of doing it.

I just love how this is on a dvd-r and not a pressed disk!
Anyone from the dev team have any best guesses?

It seems though that this is different seeing as the disk was actually structured differently then regular disks.

There were files on the root that normally appear in the video_ts folder and a video_ts folder that was encrypted without accepting a license.

Such a different way of doing it.

I just love how this is on a dvd-r and not a pressed disk!
Anyone from the dev team have any best guesses?

Sure. But you don't even own an AnyDVD license, so why should I bother to invest my time?

more discs with similar protection

I see some pressed discs in India with the similar kind of copy protection with empty VIDEO_TS folder. Attached are the contents of the disc.

Do you know what kind of copy protection is this? It is just hiding the disc contents. Is there any other thread having more information about this kind of protection. Please direct me.

Thanks.

Attachments

• protected_dvd.jpg
    protected_dvd.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back