• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NEW CyberLink PowerDVD 8.0 Beta!!

If you can do a clean install with this I would like to install it in a virtual machine and see how it does. I have a WinXP machine that is a base install with updates already. That way I can test it on a system that has never had PDVD installed.

If you can get another key for me Charlie I will let yall know what I find.

There is no leaks and the FTP is all over the net but no keys etc.... Looks like we'll have to wait till it goes gold. I wonder if a clean install would give you a trial?

There is no leaks and the FTP is all over the net but no keys etc.... Looks like we'll have to wait till it goes gold. I wonder if a clean install would give you a trial?

Even BetaNews has it listed but they don't note that a beta key is needed. Then again they might not even know. It wouldn't be the first time I saw them incorrectly post something...

I might try a clean install later if I'm up for the headache. If it does require a key then I'm out of luck.

Screw it. I'll just hack it. I have no patience today. No, I don't mean illegally those of you with naughty minds. But there are ways it can be dealt with.

One thing I really really want to know is how it will work on a system without an HD-DVD or BD drive. As is stands I am still using 7.3.3104a.1 because any of the later versions installed services and garbage that literally brought my system to a crawl. If v8 also does this then CyberLink can drop dead and won't get any more of my money.

Give us some time I don't have a BD or HD drive either and will see when I get it installed. If I can.

They Cyberlink will never get your money as you know as well as I that they install a crap load of services. I'm in the middle of installing it now. Slower than freaking webslinger's machine loading windows, I tell you. :D

MoovieLive or whatever it is just got told to go to hell. I don't need MORE junk!

LOL I saw that as well and thought I'd get that responce.

And hacking it failed. Yea, this version impresses me more and more. Oh, and I'm on a clean install of Vista that hasn't had any Cyberlink stuff installed yet and it still tells me the trial has expired. So, yea, this version ROCKS so far.

What's New in CyberLink PowerDVD 8
Audio
New! - Dolby Digital Plus*
New! - Dolby TrueHD*
New! - DTS-HD*
DTS-ES*
DTS Neo:6 (Discrete, Matrix)*
DTS 96/24**
AAC 5.1 Channel support**
DTS**
Dolby Digital 5.1
Dolby Digital EX**
Dolby Pro Logic IIx**
Dolby Headphone**
Dolby Virtual Speaker**
CLMEI-2
CyberLink Virtual Speaker
CyberLink Headphone
MLP lossless**
SRS TruSurroundXT**
Pitch scaling technology
Audio equalizer presets
Audio visualizations
Direct 96/24 output
MP3, WAV
Video
New! - VC-1 High-Definition Video*
MPEG4 AVC H.264 High-Definition Video**
Adaptive CLEV-2 for video quality enhancement
CLPV - Non-linear stretch technology
Video smart de-interlacing
Playback Formats
New! - HD DVD-Video playback*
New! - TwinFormat HD DVD*
New! - BD-ROM (Blu-ray Disc) playback*
New! - BD-RE (Blu-ray Disc) playback*
VCPS for DVD+R with content protection
CPRM for DVD-R with content protection**
DVD-Audio**
External subtitles
DVD files (DVD-Video, DVD-VR, DVD+VR) from any folder in your hard drive
Advanced Features
New! - Movie Collection Support
New! - Movie Remix
New! - Integration with MoovieLive Service
UPnP Support - Access your media from a Home Network**
Say-It-Again - Automatically repeats the last movie scene
See-It-All - Automatically speeds playback to show as much of the movie as possible
Read-It-Clearly - Moves subtitles from the viewing screen
* - Available in Ultra Edition (HD DVD / Blu-ray Disc) only

** - Available in Deluxe version and Ultra Edition (HD DVD / Blu-ray Disc)

Not sure but it isn't good when you can't use a trial as I did a clean install on this system and it would't allow it to run at all.

Buyers Beware!

About as bad as the old DVD X COPY days where you just bought it and wished and hoped it worked. :D

I just shoved it into the bit bucket. I have zero interest in screwing around with this thing any further.

I just shoved it into the bit bucket. I have zero interest in screwing around with this thing any further.

Well, I guess I'll pass on it for now. I always used PowerDVD and had shelled out the money for it anyway. I guess I'll stick with TheaterTek for watching DVDs and only use PowerDVD Ultra 7 (3104a.1) for testing. Hell, these days, to be honest, I'd rather use WMP11 or KMPlayer 2.9.3.1420 beta rather than PowerDVD

Beta or not the simple fact is that CyberLink has lost my confidence and I feel my upgrade was an absolute waste of money.

Back