• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NEW CyberLink PowerDVD 8.0 Beta!!

Just need it because I want to keep my PowerDVD archive up to date and for bleeding-edge testing if I decide to go there.

Thx for the input though.

Hopefully PDVD8 DOES come out this month, with DTS MA decoding that works over analog as well as HDMI :D

Then I'll be watching all my Fox titles :agree:

DTS MA over analog would be one reason I'd consider the upgrade. But, honestly, they should be putting that in 7.3...

Anyone got fox titles working with the beta? I tried man on fire from the disc and it doesn't play anything. Planet earth hd-dvd didnt play either. Doesn't show any error messages just stays on the main screen.

The Beta has only MPEG2 video decoders onboard. It doesn't play anything except MPEg2.

This is not looking good...

http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2008/03/24/cyberlink_powerdvd_8_and_media_show_4/2

The lossless audio support that we first covered a while back has been put back to the release of 8.5 at around the August-September time frame. Again, Cyberlink was keen to stress that this will be a free update if you already own PowerDVD 8.

This delay can be significant issue for those wanting to use PowerDVD 8 with Blu-ray disks, but after discussing this with both Dolby (TrueHD) and Cyberlink, as well as various motherboard vendors (Gigabyte boards that use the Realtek ALC889a and features “content protection”) and even AMD (in reference to its 780G and its audio limitation to S/PDIF pass-through under HDMI) during CeBIT, all we can conclude is that HDCP for full quality audio is just a complete mess.

I really hope this is false and PDVD8 does include DTS-HD MA decoding when it comes out.

That article is all over the place though so I'd take this with a grain of salt.

Doesn't seem like it. The part that REALLY frustrates me is the pricing and availability. 100 bucks for Deluxe which has no HD DVD and no advanced audio. Ultra will be available some time after and will supposedly have the more advanced audio decoding and HD DVD support. That's BS!

Going from the chart, the Deluxe version isn't BD compatible at all (no AVC HD, no tick in the Blu-ray playback row), so I'm willing to bet that the Ultra version is for HD playback, like what we have now.

Yes, I saw the chart but right under that it says:

ArticleThatPissesUsOff said:
The latest iteration set to be launched next month is PowerDVD 8, which comes in three flavours – the Deluxe version that retails for $99 and includes Blu-ray and DVD support or the standard version that retails for $50-60 but omits the Blu-ray option. There's also an Ultra version available at a later date with full bitrate HD audio support, DTS 5.1 (why is this Ultra only?) and it's also the only version with HD DVD support.

So, I really don't know what to make of that. I'm hoping they're wrong and Ultra is the 99 dollar version like we all expect.

So, I really don't know what to make of that. I'm hoping they're wrong and Ultra is the 99 dollar version like we all expect.
Competition - that is what is needed!

They need to lose sales to someone else who is at the $99 price point. Otherwise, they will feel justified asking more money for more functionality.

The catch is - most software companies have their heads stuck up their own development platform, and most of these companies do not have a lot of marketing abilities.

To make them aware that other products may hurt their sales - and thus their cash flow - we need to email them, write them, use their support forums, or whatever. We need to make them aware that they are not alone in the market, and for $50 extra, we will go elsewhere.

It's not like we haven't been trying to find a competing product. ArcSoft enticed us but fell far short. Nero is a disaster for some of us. WinDVD 9 doesn't look very promising. So, there's not a lot out there. I'd happily pay 100 bucks for a software that SIMPLY WORKS.

It's not like we haven't been trying to find a competing product. ArcSoft enticed us but fell far short. Nero is a disaster for some of us. WinDVD 9 doesn't look very promising. So, there's not a lot out there. I'd happily pay 100 bucks for a software that SIMPLY WORKS.
I just have this feeling that someday soon we will see a program that actually works from one of these vendors, I cant see this poor support continuing, if its does, it would be well worth someones time to make one that does work right.:D

One could only hope. I bought PowerDVD 7 Ultra based on my previous experiences with PowerDVD...foolishly expecting the same level of quality. However that's not the case at all. And with the reports of PowerDVD 8 starting to come out, so far I'm not amused with that, either. So yea, I hope someone comes out with one that does it right. Cause this is becoming like a really sick joke.

No more support for my recently purchased version 7 means a stolen version 8.

Thats a fact.:rock:

I'm curious as to why you think ArcSoft TMT fell short. I've been using it for a bit now and it plays all my HD-DVDs and BD movies flawlessly. I'm currently using it with ISO images of my HD movies played across a network from a WHS server. I have yet to find any fault in it, and at least it makes some sort of attempt to integrate itself with Vista Media Center. Something that I'd hoped PowerDVD would've done a long time ago. Plus, with the 50% of deal going now till April 6th, you can't beat the price.

I'm curious as to why you think ArcSoft TMT fell short. I've been using it for a bit now and it plays all my HD-DVDs and BD movies flawlessly. I'm currently using it with ISO images of my HD movies played across a network from a WHS server. I have yet to find any fault in it, and at least it makes some sort of attempt to integrate itself with Vista Media Center. Something that I'd hoped PowerDVD would've done a long time ago. Plus, with the 50% of deal going now till April 6th, you can't beat the price.

You are one of the lucky ones. A lot of people have massive problems getting it to work. The trial did not work very well for me, either. There are numerous complaints about it on AVS forums. I decided to hold on to my money rather than waste it on yet another product that doesn't perform 100% the way I want.

You are one of the lucky ones. A lot of people have massive problems getting it to work. The trial did not work very well for me, either. There are numerous complaints about it on AVS forums. I decided to hold on to my money rather than waste it on yet another product that doesn't perform 100% the way I want.

I actually haven't pulled the trigger on ArcSoft TMT yet, I'm still on my trial. The only thing that doesn't work right are the downmixes of TrueHD soundtracks to DD5.1. I think that's a problem in PowerDVD also. (Unless you go the multi-channel analog cable route.)

Other than that, I guess I am lucky.

I actually haven't pulled the trigger on ArcSoft TMT yet, I'm still on my trial. The only thing that doesn't work right are the downmixes of TrueHD soundtracks to DD5.1. I think that's a problem in PowerDVD also. (Unless you go the multi-channel analog cable route.)

Other than that, I guess I am lucky.

I say if it works for you then by all means go for it! I wish I had success with it, believe me. It was very unstable on my HTPC. At least PowerDVD 7 works for the most part. But if you are happy with Arcsoft, definitely go for it.

Back