• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NEW CyberLink PowerDVD 8.0 Beta!!

Well, I guess I'll pass on it for now. I always used PowerDVD and had shelled out the money for it anyway. I guess I'll stick with TheaterTek for watching DVDs and only use PowerDVD Ultra 7 (3104a.1) for testing. Hell, these days, to be honest, I'd rather use WMP11 or KMPlayer 2.9.3.1420 beta rather than PowerDVD

Beta or not the simple fact is that CyberLink has lost my confidence and I feel my upgrade was an absolute waste of money.

I've felt that way for quite a long time now. I was hoping against hope that they'd somehow impress me with 8. So far that does not seem to be the case. The interesting thing will come later this year when 8 is released and BD Live titles are released. Interesting I say? Yes....here's something to ponder. Will they update the 7.x code line to fix any problems? Or will they just tell everyone too bad, sorry, upgrade to 8 if you want a working player.....

I've felt that way for quite a long time now. I was hoping against hope that they'd somehow impress me with 8. So far that does not seem to be the case. The interesting thing will come later this year when 8 is released and BD Live titles are released. Interesting I say? Yes....here's something to ponder. Will they update the 7.x code line to fix any problems? Or will they just tell everyone too bad, sorry, upgrade to 8 if you want a working player.....

On a money making standpoint this is possible. I don't agree with the ethics though.

On a money making standpoint this is possible. I don't agree with the ethics though.

Who would except those who stand to gain from it? But, I can totally see them doing something like this.

Actually, I never really could understand why they would release a new software version when only the keys needed to be updated,…..seems like a lot of extra work for nothing,……other then removing features,…..

Actually, I never really could understand why they would release a new software version when only the keys needed to be updated,…..seems like a lot of extra work for nothing,……other then removing features,…..

And make money.

The interesting thing will come later this year when 8 is released and BD Live titles are released. Interesting I say? Yes....here's something to ponder. Will they update the 7.x code line to fix any problems? Or will they just tell everyone too bad, sorry, upgrade to 8 if you want a working player.....

The following words represent my personal thoughts and do not in any way represent the beliefs of Slysoft nor are they endorsed by Slysoft.

Hmmm... CyberLink snake money out of existing customers? Never! Wait... didn't they wait forever before offering their existing non-Ultra customers a discount for upgrading to the Ultra version? Why YES they did! I wonder how many customers paid for Ultra w/o a discount. CyberLink? Ethics? Meh! More like CyberFink in my book.

Maybe I should see someone about my anger issues... :p

ROFL! I was a huge Cyberlink fan until 7 came out. The decision to split between "deluxe" and "ultra" is ridiculous. Just keep one code base for crying out loud. Not that they can even handle fixing bugs in just one. This is what worries me about the imminent release of 8. Once it's out, I think 7 ultra owners really will get shafted. Oh, maybe not right away, but, after a month or two when they build up their 8 base, yea, I can see them telling 7 owners to pony up or get the hell out. We *REALLY* need a *VIABLE* competetor to PowerDVD. Where the hell is theatertek?!

I wish. I ain't holding my breath on that one, though. As nice as it'd be I don't see it happening any time soon. There are a few other projects I'd rather see. A program to scale down BD images by removing the junk and selecting the streams you wanna keep while retaining menus would be nice.

ROFL! I was a huge Cyberlink fan until 7 came out. The decision to split between "deluxe" and "ultra" is ridiculous. Just keep one code base for crying out loud. Not that they can even handle fixing bugs in just one. This is what worries me about the imminent release of 8. Once it's out, I think 7 ultra owners really will get shafted. Oh, maybe not right away, but, after a month or two when they build up their 8 base, yea, I can see them telling 7 owners to pony up or get the hell out. We *REALLY* need a *VIABLE* competetor to PowerDVD. Where the hell is theatertek?!

Actually... I've thought about the Deluxe vs Ultra thing before. I think they did it because they were worried it would, in fact, suffer from problems. So people who only watch SD DVDs and had no need for the Ultra version wouldn't get it! Were there really any other major benefits to upgrading to Ultra? So, by separating the HD/BD playback to the Ultra version it would impact less users who just wanted SD DVD playback. To be honest I may end up going back to just using the last released Deluxe version.

With the release of v8 I think they should only have 2 versions: (1) PowerDVD Basic which has all the goodies for SD DVD including the Deluxe stuff and (2) PowerDVD Ultra with HD/BD support.

Anyway, sorry, my goal wasn't to sidetrack this thread. I'm hoping someone can actually use the software and report on it. :)

SlysoftDVD and just add ReClock in it too. :D

I wish. I ain't holding my breath on that one, though. As nice as it'd be I don't see it happening any time soon. There are a few other projects I'd rather see. A program to scale down BD images by removing the junk and selecting the streams you wanna keep while retaining menus would be nice.

It's possible but yea I won't hold my breathe I do feel if they made a player and added ReClock sales would happen easily.

As for the streams thing that would be up to elby I thought?

It's possible but yea I won't hold my breathe I do feel if they made a player and added ReClock sales would happen easily.

As for the streams thing that would be up to elby I thought?

By that logic elby would do a player, too. Slysoft is more than capable of doing the stream handling themselves if they wanted to.

If you take your .sim file from the powerdvd directory, place it in the powerdvd8 directory and rename it to powerdvd8.sim you may have more success :)

That's exactly what I tried. No workie for me. Maybe I'll try again.

Oh that's just wrong. Ok, I have 7 Ultra installed now (installed it after I gave up playing with 8 ) and NOW 8 works. Even though it said my key was invalid, it still decided to open anyway. OOOK then. I'll give it a try on my HTPC in the next couple days.

Worked for me.

I get a screen up saying:-

this pwerdvd 8 is a beta version for testing purposes

Build:1422

it dosn't look like it will play back High def though. dvd's from the hard drive seem to work.

Yea, it somewhat works for me. Sorta kinda. There's no BD or HD DVD tabs in the options so I think that no workie for me. The interface changes are welcome from what I've seen so far. We'll see how it fairs. I'd love to know when the hell this thing's going to be released for sale. I'm curious as to what the upgrade price is going to be for existing owners.

Do you guys also have V7/Ultra installed? I installed it on a bare WinXP VM and can not get it to activate even with changing the .sim file out.

Back