• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

NEW CyberLink PowerDVD 8.0 Beta!!

I current have a correctly licensed/activated version of 7 installed as well as the 8

Do you guys also have V7/Ultra installed? I installed it on a bare WinXP VM and can not get it to activate even with changing the .sim file out.

See my comments. That's exactly what I said. It won't activate period, but, if you have 7 installed it'll continue on anyway. Freaking weird.

actually, I already had 7 installed and it wouldn't activate. Only after swapping the .sim file over did it work for me.

Same for me. But it still won't activate. It just simply fails and continues on anyway. :)

I’d like to see a screenshot of the new layout if someone could manage it. I don’t think I can mess with this myself so I’ll live vicariously through those who have it working ;)

Thanks in advance

I’d like to see a screenshot of the new layout if someone could manage it. I don’t think I can mess with this myself so I’ll live vicariously through those who have it working ;)

Thanks in advance

Here you go!

Tau

does anybody have this installed along with the two versions of pwr dvd7 3319a and 3730 with that switcher that someone wrote about a month ago, i want to know if version 8 mess with that install

anything Hi-def doesn t work, just goes into file mode (figures since as someone mentioned b4, there is no hd dvd or blu ray tab), it doesn t seem to adveresely affect other installs.

Last edited:
Yeah hopefully Cyberlink start an official beta test or something soon... the .sim trick doesn't work for HD/BD, won't play em... I see the DTS-HD Master Audio icon added to the main screen, can't wait to hear how it sounds compared to DTS core in 7.

I noticed it wasn't mentioned in the new "features" that DTS-HD MA is now available. You probably realize from avsforum that I am skeptical about appreciable differences for most people between lossless/uncompressed and high-bitrate lossy, but true MA decoding seems to be the only way to get 7.1 with those tracks. Thanks for the heads up.

This beta reallyisn't useful. It doesn't play anything. It only plays normal DVDs. :mad:

This is not a beta I think it is an alpha.;)

No BD support! :(
Plays DVDs fine... but so did the older version.
Plays ripped DVDs fine as well.

Anyone know when the Ultra version will be available so we can test thrash... er uh, test drive it?

Couldn't play HD-DVDs and BDs in disc mode, BUT I could play the BD movie files off disc with AnyDVD enabled. You can enable/disable HWA on the fly and take screenshots. :clap:

HD-DVD files (evo) I could not play. I hope they are not dropping HD-DVD support. :mad:

Activation Key

I downloaded and installed and it ask for an activation code...

I guess I'll have to purchase if I would like to use huh...

Let me know if that is what you did.

Nope. Simply uninstalled it after everyone had problems getting anything to work with it. Forget about this beta and go back to your regularly scheduled version 7.

What nether region did you pull that date out of? :D Seriously, where did May come from?? I haven't heard any time frame yet.

PowerDVD 7.3 and 8 can coexist in one Vista 32 installation. Works fine. I will use the beta for BD file playback and screenshots, I really like that. :rock:

I did copy the PowerDVD 8 video codecs into my PowerDVD 7 folder to get the lastest versions. DOn't know if there is any enhancement but it works.

Am I missing something here ?

I have 7.3 Ultra installed.

If I download this BETA, it WILL play TS streams from my HDD ? And M2TS streams ?

If I play back titles that have a DTS HD or a True HD soundtrack, will the decoding and core extraction via SPDIF work ?

Because presently, 7.3 Ultra DOESN'T extract the core to play via SPDIF. It doesn't register a soundtrack at all via SPDIF if it's not strict DTS or DD5.1 .....

Oh, and while we're at it, does anyone know that last version of 7.3 that still DOES extract the HD core streams correctly via SPDIF ?

Sorry for hijacking the thread .....

Last edited:
I found out that the beta doesn't play anything except MPEG2. M2TS files in VC1 don't work, only MPEG2. Just look at the video filter folder. It misses out on almost everything.

Back