• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Netflix + Anystream + ExpressVPN

I have disabled my computer firewall. Then launched AS on the Netflix page. This time, I can see text (the names of the series) but there is no picture : it is just text on a blanch page. I tried to download an episode of my serie and it says "error - stream initialization failed - Cannot proceed with the download". Here is the new logfile.
Important : I encounter this problem only when using Anystream. When I open the netflix page with my usual browser, there is no problem.
Okay then it was just a shot in the dark, I think something is blocking the page from opening, something on your computer but I am probably wrong. Lets wait for the developers to see your logfile. Thank you for that.

Okay then it was just a shot in the dark, I think something is blocking the page from opening, something on your computer but I am probably wrong. Lets wait for the developers to see your logfile. Thank you for that.
OK. Thanks very much for your answer. I am very curious to know whats blocking...

@Criss It's either something like a firewall, that gets in the way, or a very slow/faulty connection, or a server problem.

You can see "[Notice][playlist:netflix] Video track URL: <long URL>" and the same for the audio track. Try copying one of those and pasting into the browser's address bar. Just see whether you manage to get to those files manually.

@Criss It's either something like a firewall, that gets in the way, or a very slow/faulty connection, or a server problem.

You can see "[Notice][playlist:netflix] Video track URL: <long URL>" and the same for the audio track. Try copying one of those and pasting into the browser's address bar. Just see whether you manage to get to those files manually.
Thanks for your reply but I don't understand. Where do I go to see what you mentionned in your message ?

Thanks for your reply but I don't understand. Where do I go to see what you mentionned in your message ?
It should be in the log file you uploaded.
You can extract it with 7z for example.
Open the log.txt with Notepad or so.
Search for URL.
And you see the URLs.

It should be in the log file you uploaded.
You can extract it with 7z for example.
Open the log.txt with Notepad or so.
Search for URL.
And you see the URLs.
Found it.
But when I copy and past the URL in my internet browser, I get this message : "403 Forbidden - nginx"

I made a post about this a few mins ago but replied to an old post by accident so I deleted it. Here is just a quick summary of that thought process in case it helps here.

Is this a DNS issue possibly? Express will/should push your queries through it's tunnel when it is active.

HOWEVER

Some browsers will now use DOH and run their own queries and while that would go over your VPN tunnel it would hit different servers possibly in a different country and returning different results.

My point here is that using a browser to test access might be somewhat a false test to some degree and could explain why AS fails but the browser is fine.

Just a thought.

I made a post about this a few mins ago but replied to an old post by accident so I deleted it. Here is just a quick summary of that thought process in case it helps here.

Is this a DNS issue possibly? Express will/should push your queries through it's tunnel when it is active.

HOWEVER

Some browsers will now use DOH and run their own queries and while that would go over your VPN tunnel it would hit different servers possibly in a different country and returning different results.

My point here is that using a browser to test access might be somewhat a false test to some degree and could explain why AS fails but the browser is fine.

Just a thought.
Thanks, So what do I do ? Fact is when launching Netflix in a regular way (directly from tv or computer) it works. But when using AnyStream (with ExpressVPN), the home page doesn't even appear, the page remains all black. Also, without ExpessVPN or with old previous AS versions it did work,there was no problem.

Thanks, So what do I do ? Fact is when launching Netflix in a regular way (directly from tv or computer) it works. But when using AnyStream (with ExpressVPN), the home page doesn't even appear, the page remains all black. Also, without ExpessVPN or with old previous AS versions it did work,there was no problem.

I do not use a VPN so I am wholly unfamiliar with Express and their application. But in general, what might be worth just trying, is seeing if you can change your DNS servers within Express just as a test to see if there is a behavior difference. So instead of using their default settings/servers maybe use a couple of well known and trusted ones like "1.1.1.1" and or "8.8.8.8".

I do not use a VPN so I am wholly unfamiliar with Express and their application. But in general, what might be worth just trying, is seeing if you can change your DNS servers within Express just as a test to see if there is a behavior difference. So instead of using their default settings/servers maybe use a couple of well known and trusted ones like "1.1.1.1" and or "8.8.8.8".
I have no idea how to do that...

I have no idea how to do that...
This is a setting in your OS. Just google "change dns adress express vpn" or something like that. 1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1 is Cloudflare and 8.8.8.8/? is Google.
I know how to do it in windows but I'm not sure if there is a different setting for Express VPN.

This is a setting in your OS. Just google "change dns adress express vpn" or something like that. 1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1 is Cloudflare and 8.8.8.8/? is Google.
I know how to do it in windows but I'm not sure if there is a different setting for Express VPN.
I am not a computer person : what you say about these changes of DNS is alien language to me, I am lost... What I just see is that Anystream allows Netflix to open when ExpessVPN is OFF. But when ExpressVPN is ON, Netflix does not open in Anystream.
It is strange because I dont have this problem with AmazonPrimeVideo.

Last edited:
I am not a computer person : what you say about these changes of DNS is alien language to me, I am lost... What I just see is that Anystream allows Netflix to open when ExpessVPN is OFF. But when ExpressVPN is ON, Netflix does not open in Anystream.
It is strange because I don't have this problem with AmazonPrimeVideo.
I tried to tell you that Express VPN is not a good VPN (in my opinion) I do believe other VPNs have a free trial period, I may be wrong but I would try Nord ( no I am not associated with Nord in any way ), it seems to have been successful with many here in the forum, I, however, do not use a VPN, it's none of my business as to why you would want to use a VPN, but the program actually does not mention VPN support even though I know its works with one.

Express is a very good one, and cheaper than many. It's the one I use

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I am not sure what a VPN would do anyways, other than slowing everything down. Since you've got to login to each service anyways, you're essentially telling them who you are.

I am not sure what a VPN would do anyways, other than slowing everything down. Since you've got to login to each service anyways, you're essentially telling them who you are.
I believe I agree with you. There are enough shows to watch on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney to last an eternity.

It is strange because I dont have this problem with AmazonPrimeVideo.
I don't think this means anything. The VPN can work for Amz, but that does not mean it will work for NF. They are different sites and may use entirely different servers.

I agree it might sound complicatet to change the DNS, but as I said just google it. There are many sites, like this one in englisch:
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-your-pcs-dns-settings-windows-10
There you can see everything with pictures, so you don't have any troubles.
Please note you might have to reload the page, restart AS and Express VPN or even your computer to let it take effect.

Other than unlocking geolocked stuff you otherwise can't get access too because it's not available on your local prime video?

Other than unlocking geolocked stuff you otherwise can't get access too because it's not available on your local prime video?
So you want to log in, telling them who you are, and then bypass their Geo restrictions which is against the terms of service. Good luck with that....

So you want to log in, telling them who you are, and then bypass their Geo restrictions which is against the terms of service. Good luck with that....

So you've never logged in on amazon and bought a physical product that wasn't available locally (imported?) or travelled to a different country and logged in on their app to view something. This is no different. Just an FYI your amazon account details work almost everywhere (i think japan is an exception). I have 1 single account and i use it to import from the US, germany, france... zero problems. And i've been using AS with a VPN since closed beta began last year in april. No problems whatsoever.

Back