Netflix + Anystream + ExpressVPN

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by Criss, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Criss

Criss Member

Strange, but when I could use Netflix (through Anystream) with ExpressVPN before, not so long as a few days ago, it is now impossible.
    The netflix page won't open, nothing happens.
    Any idea why ?
    I went through the forum and I understood the problem was solved ? Wasn't it ?
    Thanks for your help.

2. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Does it work with the VPN disabled? Please Upload a log file thank you without a log file we cannot help you

3. Criss

Criss Member

@RedFox 1 => Yes, it does work with the VPN disabled.
    Here is the log file (with the VPN enabled).

Attached Files:

4. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Some VPNs have issues, try a trial of Nord VPN, that's the one most of the forum uses, I said most not all.

5. BuddyFunJet

BuddyFunJet Well-Known Member

I use Nord with good results but occasionally, when I open AS to Netflix, the page stays blank with no loading indicator. Closing AS and reopening will usually fix the issue.

can’t say this will fix the Express issue but worth a try.

6. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

I have no idea, but if you do not upload a log file, we will never know your issue. We need a log file, please. I think you forgot to upload it.

7. FannyTastic

FannyTastic Member

I use Amazon Prime, Netflix and Disney+ with AS and Express VPN.

When using Amazon Prime it's a trial and error process regarding which locations work.
    If you select the wrong VPN location. Then Amazon Prime will show VPN detected and no download can be made with AS.

I have no issues in NF whatsoever, every location in Express VPN works.

DSNP is a bit more like Amazon Prime. If using the wrong location in Express VPN you won't even be able to log in on DNSP.

I'm based in central Europe and I use either US - Chicago or Netherlands - Amsterdam (not Hauge since it's detected by Amazon) since they both work
    for NF, AP and DSNP. I haven't tried any other locations since I get excellent download speeds with the 2 I currently use.

So VPN location is key since both AP and DSNP detects most VPN's.

8. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

I have found with Nord, all the providers work fine, but I really haven't tried another VPN. Express should work I guess. You should also update to the latest version 1.1.1.1

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  9. Criss

Criss Member

Sorry : I replied to you on the wrong thread. Here it is...

Attached Files:

RedFox 1 likes this.
  10. Criss

Criss Member

I juste checked and I am currently using version 1.1.1.0
    I did not find a 1.1.1.1 version on the Redfox platform.

11. Criss

Criss Member

Thanks for your reply. I did not have this issue before upgrading to the AnyStream 1.1.1.0 version.

12. Don922

Don922 Well-Known Member

It’s a sticky at the top of the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Criss likes this.
  13. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Criss likes this.
  14. Criss

Criss Member

Attached Files:

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  15. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

Did you try disabling the firewall and see if it works then?

16. Criss

Criss Member

Firewall ? I didn't know I was supposed to do someting in the firewall...

17. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

All I wanted you to do is turn it off and see if the program worked.

18. Criss

Criss Member

I am confused... Are you talking of turning off the firewall of my computer or turning off AnyStream ?

19. RedFox 1

RedFox 1 Super Moderator

On your computer Criss. Just disable it for a sec, and see if Netflix works again. Maybe just refresh the page.

20. Criss

Criss Member

I have disabled my computer firewall. Then launched AS on the Netflix page. This time, I can see text (the names of the series) but there is no picture : it is just text on a blanch page. I tried to download an episode of my serie and it says "error - stream initialization failed - Cannot proceed with the download". Here is the new logfile.
    Important : I encounter this problem only when using Anystream. When I open the netflix page with my usual browser, there is no problem.

Attached Files: