• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero Recode w/ Trial Version of AnyDVD

Shannon do you possibly know why I was having trouble using both drives at the same time to burn the dvds?

Shannon do you possibly know why I was having trouble using both drives at the same time to burn the dvds?

Explain a little what you mean ....

You're Using a LapTop ?
You're using the Laptop's DVD Drive to Read ?
and the External Memorex - To Burn ?

Is that much correct ?

Explain/ Describe what you're trying to do
- and the resulting Problem

I would NOT advise - to have both Drives
- Burning - at the same time .... especially ... with a Laptop
..... Maybe I'm not reading what you mean - correctly :confused:

:)

You're Using a LapTop? Yes
You're using the Laptop's DVD Drive to Read ? Yes
and the External Memorex - To Burn Yes

What you said is correct. Is it possible to burn this way. When I go to import the dvd in Recode it will not allow me, even though anydvd successfully managed the dvd I put in my laptop.

You're Using a LapTop? Yes
You're using the Laptop's DVD Drive to Read ? Yes
and the External Memorex - To Burn Yes

What you said is correct. Is it possible to burn this way. When I go to import the dvd in Recode it will not allow me, even though anydvd successfully managed the dvd I put in my laptop.

Just for Kicks ....
- Try using your Ex Memorex - As your Source Drive - Instead
Do you still have the same result ?

the thing is My Drive for my laptop is not a DVD burner that was the problem i faced

Shannon I updated my firmware and nothing has changed. i still cannot booktype in Recode. Is it possible if I use a different copying program because Recode seems to be useless in some aspects.

Shannon I updated my firmware and nothing has changed. i still cannot booktype in Recode. Is it possible if I use a different copying program because Recode seems to be useless in some aspects.

Recode is a good program, but it is generally not a good idea to make a back-up by going straight from reader to burner. It is better to let the reader copy to a temp file on the HDD and then from there to the burner. It doesn't take that much longer and there are less problems.

the thing is My Drive for my laptop is not a DVD burner that was the problem i faced

Right ,
But I was Suggesting - to Use your Memorex drive
- to Read the Source Disc
Just to see if your LapTop's DVD Drive - was the Problem
- when trying to Read

On some Discs ,
You'll need to use the AnyDVD"Ripper" first
- So the Disc may be opened by Recode

Did you Try using the Lite-On BookType / Bitsetting Utility for Optical Storage Products ??
It may be that Simple

Or ...
Try using Nero's CD/DVD Speed to set the Book-Type
Go to >
>> Start > All Programs > Nero > Toolkit > Nero CD/DVD Speed

A Tutorial for Booktyping DVD+R to DVD-ROM

Did you miss my previous post about this ?

Go to SlySoft.com
Download / Install CloneDVD2
It has a 21 day free trial - just like AnyDVD
I would give CloneDVD2 a try
In fact ,
I would recommend taking advantage of a AnyDVD/CloneDVD Bundle Discount

Last edited:
Everything is coming into place. what is a good program to use for putting a file in a temp file and then burning to disc? Is this truly better than reading and writing?

Im trying to figure out how to use imgburn is this a good program

whats the easiest one to use it seems kinda complicated to use imgburn

Everything is coming into place. what is a good program to use for putting a file in a temp file and then burning to disc? Is this truly better than reading and writing?

Most Programs : Use a Temp Folder :confused:
Are You refering to "Burning ; On the FLY" ?
Meaning= One Drive to the Other - No Cache/HDD Folder involved ( ? )

You may Only burn ; "On the Fly"
- If the Copy is 1:1 = No Compression
Be careful ; One good read error and the Burn is Toast
You must have 'All of your ducks in a row" - to successfully Burn "On the Fly"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All you need to use is the AnyDVD"Ripper"
> Right Click on the "Fox"
> Select= "Rip VideoDVD to Hard Disk ....."
> Use the Resulting Folder As you Source for Recode

Im trying to figure out how to use imgburn is this a good program
IMGBurn is am excellent Burning Program
- which also offers some additional Drive Utilities - like "Book-Typing"

whats the easiest one to use it seems kinda complicated to use imgburn
As I've suggested .....

Try CloneDVD2
The page by page steps - are fairly straight forward
and CloneDVD2 works hand in hand with AnyDVD
The Trial is free - so - you've got nothing to lose

Last edited:
I actually did try Clone DVD last nite and it reminded me of the same thing as recode except I could choose burn speeds. I couldnt find booktyping or many options in the program either?

I actually did try Clone DVD last nite and it reminded me of the same thing as recode except I could choose burn speeds. I couldn't find booktyping or many options in the program either?

You need to Set your Book-Type
- with IMGBurn , CD/DVD Speed
Set it Once - And it's Done

I doubt that you need to RE Set the Book-Type - each and every Disc
Follow the Guides - in the Book-Typing Tutorial
Once you Set DVD-ROM as the Default .... You can forget about it
Each +R disc afterwards - will be burned as DVD-ROM

----------------------------------------------------

When you get to the Burn Page - in CloneDVD
There is a "Burn Speed" Selection Setting

CloneDVD & AnyDVD Guide by MadBob

I actually did try Clone DVD last nite
and it reminded me of the same thing as recode ......

One Big Advantage ;
CloneDVD2 will allow you to - easily - Deselect Items
( ie: Previews ; Warnings ; Unwanted Extras )
- from the Back-Up ;
Lessening the Final Compression Used

What you said is correct. Is it possible to burn this way.

Yes, it is. And it's also highly unlikely you're burning on the fly in Recode, unless you enabled that option (don't). Recode, by default, processes files to the hard drive first before burning (as does Clonedvd).

When I go to import the dvd in Recode it will not allow me, even though anydvd successfully managed the dvd I put in my laptop.

Rickyanny, you have yet to do anything I've asked of you. How do you expect people to give you proper answers to your questions without providing adequate information?

1. We have no clue what version of Anydvd you're using. We have no clue what disc/movie you're using. And we have no idea what error message you encountered with Recode.

So, again (as I stated in my first reply), do steps 8 and 9 from here:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321

Before you do step 8, install Anydvd 6.1.6.4: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5048

And if you're going to be using Recode with Anydvd then read this: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 fully

2. As you appear to be experiencing other difficulties as well, it would be wise to do also do steps 3 and 4 from here:http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 (step 4 requires you to post information).

3. Nero Recode doesn't require you to use third party applications to set booktype. The feature is found within Recode, and it's incredibly simple to use. I've already provided information on how to accomplish this with Nero Recode 2.5.4.0 in an older post in this thread. Of course, you haven't told us what version of Nero Recode you're using. Recode typically defaults booktype of +r media to "dvd-rom" . . .

Ensure you're using the latest version: http://www.nero.com/eng/Downloads.html

4. One main advantage/difference of using Clonedvd over Recode is that Clonedvd allows you to retain the main menu over split discs. And if you still wish to use Recode to compress, Clonedvd is useful as a preprocessor for Recode (that is, you can remove a lot of stuff and rip before using Recode).

5. DVDfab decrypter is completely useless if you own Anydvd, and unlike Anydvd, Dvdfab decrypter always requires you to rip first.

You would be well advised to do points 1 and 2. If you don't understand how to accomplish them, then ask. But do them.

Last edited:
easy now easy buddy

?????????????

O.k, forget it. Now I am annoyed. Good luck to you. I'm done with this thread.

I need information. And I don't need to be told "easy now" like I'm some guard dog when I ask for information. This is probably some communication problem, but I tire of being told to calm down when I'm not even angry (although I'm pretty frustrated/annoyed now).

Why is there such a reluctance about giving me an Anydvd status screen with the original commercial disc and a full error message from Recode? Why is there such a reluctance to provide me with lower and upperfilter information?

I appreciate that some people may experience difficulties providing this information, but at least everyone, so far, has made an effort to provide that information (and to ask questions when they couldn't provide it--until they figured out how to).

Last edited:
Back