• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero Recode w/ Trial Version of AnyDVD

How do you what version of recode you are using? and what update to use on the site?

O.k, forget it. Now I am annoyed. Good luck to you. I'm done with this thread.

:( @ rickyanny
I feel that you definitely owe Webslinger an apology
You've just lost a valuable asset - in resolving your Issue(s)... :doh:

There is no need to be discourteous
- when someone is only trying to help you

If you would like to receive any further help resolving your Issue(s)
Please Complete and Post All information Requested by Webslinger

:)

I did complete all his steps last nite. In order for me to complete steps 8 & 9 I need to get everything up and running.

This is the process I came up with and I wanted to see if it sounds correct.

1. right click the anydvd icon and rip the dvd to my hard drive

2. Use recode to burn the dvd and run the, lite-on bitsetting utility so the DVD+R is a DVD-ROM

After I see if this works I will complete the remaining steps required by Webslinger

I did complete all his steps last nite.

:confused:

Where is the information requested then?

from http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321

8. Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter, copy and paste the information Anydvd gives you into your post asking for help. If you made a backup, do this step for both the original disc and the backup, please.

I'm asking for the Anydvd status window. Here is an example of what I want:

(I copied this from another thread)
Summary for drive I: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.2)
TOSHIBA DVD/HDX807616 MC08 10/03/06
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2042576 sectors (3989 MBytes)
Total size: 3971222 sectors (7756 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_MATRIX_REVOLUTIONS_D2
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

9. State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).

from

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559

3. Click this

Do what it says to do.

4. visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=21907&postcount=11 (thanks to Zebadee)
Use one of the programs mentioned, and list your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Or for XP users only,
Click Start, Run
type regedit
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

We want what's listed in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Before you do this visit http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html, and read the first post please, so you can get a better understanding of what is going on.

Do not start randomly deleting filters, please.

This is the process I came up with and I wanted to see if it sounds correct.

You can directly import the original disc into Recode with Anydvd running in the background (you do not need to rip first) with a few exceptions. These are the exceptions (mostly some Sony/Lionsgate releases):
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992

Use recode to burn the dvd and run the, lite-on bitsetting utility so the DVD+R is a DVD-ROM

While it would be useful for you to learn how to use that program, you don't need it if you're using Recode.

Last edited:
I did complete step 3, as for step 8 there is no errors just a disc that is picky with dvd players ans skips in a PS2? Should I still complete the step?

I will get the Lower and Upper filters listed by tonite?

Also I will get the Nero Recode Version?
Is there a default version that Anydvd trial uses?

I did complete step 3, as for step 8

Step 8 is providing me with an Anydvd status window. Step 9 is providing me with a full error message--and telling me exactly what you were doing (what program you were using, what you were doing, what version of the program you were using, etc.).

there is no errors just a disc that is picky with dvd players ans skips in a PS2?

We already covered that. Use Taiyo Yuden Premium +R and change the booktype to "dvd-rom". I'm under the impression Recode usually does that by default anyway.

I'm talking about this:
When I go to import the dvd in Recode it will not allow me, even though anydvd successfully managed the dvd I put in my laptop.

So give me the Anydvd status window with the original disc, and a full error message with Recode. Update Anydvd and Recode to the latest versions.

You also say you can't read with one drive and burn with the other. What's the full error message? What's the problem exactly?

Should I still complete the step?

If you already did step 3, then no.

I will get the Lower and Upper filters listed by tonite?

Thank you

Also I will get the Nero Recode Version?

Thank you

Is there a default version that Anydvd trial uses?

No. You get 21 days of free use (that's the main limitation). Try Anydvd 6.1.6.4

Last edited:
Great Im stopping by best buy on my way home and exchanging my verbatim dvd-r for verbatim dvd+r, then Ill get the rest of the information you need. Thank you for your help and I apologize for any bitterness.

Great Im stopping by best buy on my way home and exchanging my verbatim dvd-r for verbatim dvd+r, then Ill get the rest of the information you need.

Hopefully that will work. I find Taiyo Yuden premium tends to work better when dealing with compatibility playback issues. Regardless, though, Verbatim is also very good blank media.

Thank you for your help and I apologize for any bitterness.

No problem

Webslinger,

Nero Recode Version 2.2.6.11

AnyDVD version 6.1.6.0 (Trial Version)

Just exchanged for Verbatim DVD+R

About to paste in the error messages and windows in anydvd

it is a NeroVision Express 3?

So I burned the dvd successfully in Nero Recode at 8x speed using booktype dvd-rom w/ verbatim 16x DVD+R and no real improvements were made. The DVD will still not play in the dvd player that will play some dvd-rs that i burned. And there is slightly less skipping when played on the PS2. Is it the media? B:doh:

it is a NeroVision Express 3?

Is what a NeroVision Express 3?

So I burned the dvd successfully in Nero Recode at 8x speed using booktype dvd-rom w/ verbatim 16x DVD+R and no real improvements were made.

Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd. In the window below the drive letter, copy and paste the information Anydvd gives you into your post asking for help. If you made a backup, do this step for both the original disc and the backup, please.

backup:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.0)
MEMOREX DVD16+/-DL4RWLD2 JWS6 2005/03/04 19:36
Drive (Hardware) Region: 3

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2283632 sectors (4460 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: MALKOVCH
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Bad sector protection not found.

Original Disc:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.0)
HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4240N 0213 0BICB03/03/13
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1981664 sectors (3870 MBytes)
Total size: 3963213 sectors (7740 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: MALKOVCH
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Structural copy protection not found.
Bad sector protection not found.

Nero 6 memorex suite is the version, at the download page I cant find a way to download the update for version 6

1. Use Anydvd 6.1.6.4 please:
visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5048 (click the underlined links)

2. Does this link work for you? ftp://ftp3.use.nero.com/software/Nero6/NVE-3.1.0.25_no_yt.exe

Good job on the booktype change to "dvd-rom". It appears that you figured it out--or Recode just did the change for you by default. If the backup doesn't work in your PS2, then yeah, you should probably try Taiyo Yuden Premium dvd+r (change the booktype to dvd-rom).

Your backup does play in your computer, right?

Last edited:
My computer drive will not read the disc but my external reader will is that weird?

Is it possible that the updates for both programs will solve the problem or I am I just updating?

My computer drive will not read the disc

What disc?

but my external reader will is that weird?

Yes. But you still haven't done what I wanted yet.

1. Click this

Do what it says to do.

2. visit http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=21907&postcount=11 (thanks to Zebadee)
Use one of the programs mentioned, and list your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Or for XP users only,
Click Start, Run
type regedit
Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current Control Set\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

We want what's listed in "LowerFilters" and "UpperFilters". List your Lowerfilters and Upperfilters in your next post.

Before you do this visit http://www.cdr-zone.com/forum/about4719.html, and read the first post please, so you can get a better understanding of what is going on.

Do not start randomly deleting filters, please.

Last edited:
Back