• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero Recode w/ Trial Version of AnyDVD

backup:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.0)
MEMOREX DVD16+/-DL4RWLD2 JWS6 2005/03/04 19:36
Drive (Hardware) Region: 3

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 2283632 sectors (4460 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: MALKOVCH
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Original Disc:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.0)
HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4240N 0213 0BICB03/03/13
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1981664 sectors (3870 MBytes)
Total size: 3963213 sectors (7740 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: MALKOVCH
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Nero 6 memorex suite is the version, at the download page I cant find a way to download the update for version 6

Webslinger ,
Hope you do not mind and sorry to interrupt:

rickyanny
Reset the burner(Memorex to your region which I think after reading this is Region 4) as it is now set to region 3

Make sure the region code in AnyDVD is set to the same region which you have it now set to Region 1. If you are region 4 then reset it

If you are in in region 4 then both need to be region 4

That would make it a problem in trying to play the DVD in the player

If you can not change either the burner or the DVD-Rom to your region then you have locked them due to trying to copy or play different region DVD's and you will need a hack to unlock that device. If no hack is available then you will need to but a new burner.

Last edited:
Webslinger ,
Hope you do not mind and sorry to interrupt:

Of course I don't mind, and there's no need to apologize. I do appreciate your thoughts.

Reset the burner(Memorex to your region which I think after reading this is Region 4) as it is now set to region 3

Yeah, I saw the region 3 as well and did a slight double take. But I thought he was in region 1 (the original disc appears to be from region 1). The backup was region free. There were a couple of other things I wanted to look at . . .

Last edited:
Webslinger,
Sorry it was My mistake as he seems to be in Region 1. The other long thread you are involved in I mistook for this one.

rickyanny,
Make sure you change the Region on the Memorex burner to Region 1 if that is the region you are in(U.S.) or whatever the region is you sre in.

For Nero update you should go no higher than 6.6.0.18 as the updates above that are buggy. If you Google for that update you can find it or you can update to the version below:

1. Write down your Nero serial# and then uninstall Your version from your system using the general cleantool found here:

http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/enu/General_CleanTool.html

2. Now install:

Nero version 6.6.0.18 updates:
Package 1
http://httpdl1.usw.nero.com/Nero-6.6.0.18_no_yt.exe

Package 2
http://httpdl1.usw.nero.com/NVE-3.1.0.21_no_yt.exe

Those Nero update exe. links are no good. I have no idea where they are located so maybe Carolina Mike will just post the url instead of the exe. link for you.

Carolina Mike thank you for your input

i have a couple questions for you

How do you reset the burner and change the region code number? (You say this will affect the DVD playing in the DVD player?)

Also how do you look up the serial number for Nero? I bought my burner off ebay and it had a memorex CD with NERO 6 on it.

Also a couple bits of info the DVD+R will start to play in the player but when I push the menu button the tv just turns off.

How do you reset the burner and change the region code number? (You say this will affect the DVD playing in the DVD player?)

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that matches the region on the disc
viii. Start Anydvd
ix. click the fox icon on your toolbar. Go to Video dvd--->settings
x. Change the default to match the region on the disc
xi. Click Ok

I have sincere doubts changing the drive's region code is going to resolve anything (other than potential error messages from Anydvd about obtaining CSS keys), but if you're not in region 3, your drive shouldn't be set to region 3.

Last edited:
Also a couple bits of info the DVD+R will start to play in the player but when I push the menu button the tv just turns off.

That sounds more like an issue with your hardware/remote than your backup.

But other backups will play perfectly in the same player? Ive actually never had a problem playing backups in it until i started to make the backups

Also where might i fight the serial number for the Nero Disc.

Webslinger,

I also completed the step that says click this

I havent been able to look up the filter types yet because Im outta town

But other backups will play perfectly in the same player?

Are you basing the problem with playback only on your television turning off when you hit the menu button?

Ive actually never had a problem playing backups in it until i started to make the backups

Didn't you just write that backups play perfectly? :confused:

Anyway, since shannon90210 is reporting success with Taiyo Yuden Premium +R (booktyped to "dvd-rom") in a PS2, it would make sense to try that blank media.

Last edited:
What I meant was ive been given burned DVDs that play perfectly in the player. I have not had trouble until I started burning dvds. Although, some DVDs ive burned play perfectly, yet some will stop playing when I try to go to the menu on the disc.

yet some will stop playing when I try to go to the menu on the disc.

A. Is this the only problem you're having?

1. Update Anydvd and Recode

2. Disable "Remove annoying adverts and trailers" in Anydvd. The feature doesn't work for all movies.

3. Did you back up the menus in Recode? in whatever reauthoring software you were using? If not, you need to.
Perhaps this recode guide will help you: http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/recode2.htm

B. For your disc reading issues in your computer,

1. Ensure you're using default/Windows/Microsoft ide/Sata/whatever drivers and not ones provided by your motherboard manufacturer

2. I need to see lower and upperfilters

(it's also a bit weird that you have a drive set to region 3, and you're in region 1)

C. For playback skipping issues in your PS2, use Taiyo Yuden Premium +R blank media booktyped to "dvd-rom"

Last edited:
AFter updating Nero I no longer have recode what do I use now?

I did install package 2 it was just a patch where can I get recode again?

Lowerfilter Scan results:
Filter: AnyDVD
Filter: ElbyDelay

Upperfilter Scan results:
No UpperFilters found.

I also found Recode and no difference in burn results.

Back