• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My Movie & PowerDVD

Bigrick, I had the same problem as you. Here's a fix that worked for me. It's the graphics card. Nvidia will not let you run a dual display for HD content. I had a 8600 and switched over to the Radeon 2600 HD and now everything works. I run a dual display at different resolution, one RGB and another DVI to HDMI. I also use My Movies, the lastest version....try that.

Bigrick perhaps this is the answer you are waiting for! I have been using ATI HD2600 Pro and 3650 today and soon 4650 :D

so if i open a pathway to an iso instead of a rip mm+pdvd8 will play it without mounting the iso?:confused:

Peter

nope. we were suggesting Bigrick to try to open PDVD8 using MM from his 2nd display. When we hit play a BD in MM, MM will minimize and mount BD and play the BD iso using PDVD8 (only for MM PR3 going forward).

so if i open a pathway to an iso instead of a rip mm+pdvd8 will play it without mounting the iso?:confused:

i still rip my movies to ISO. the way i have it set up is first you need my movies powerdvd and daemon tools first you set up your library with all your movies then you set up the path for each movie to read it from the hard drive in which it is located once you have my movies open you have your whole collection in front of you with dvd covers , i like it because it gives an organized and clean look to your home theatre set up all i do is click on the picture of the movie then hit watch and then daemon tools will autmatically mount the image and then stat playing so im not doing anything diffent with my rips then what i have been doing in the past . its a really nice set up i recommend it for eveyone. i also have the Windows media center remote so all i do is push the windows button and My movies starts and choose what i want to do it makes it a whole lot easier

Bigrick, I had the same problem as you. Here's a fix that worked for me. It's the graphics card. Nvidia will not let you run a dual display for HD content. I had a 8600 and switched over to the Radeon 2600 HD and now everything works. I run a dual display at different resolution, one RGB and another DVI to HDMI. I also use My Movies, the lastest version....try that.

thanks alot bachuka i apreciate the info im gonna look into but i have no experience with Radeon. is the 2600 the same qualityin picture as the nvidia 8600 or less

hlkc,

what are you using for HD playback. powerdvd 7.3 or 8 the reason im asking is because i havent had a chance to really test the powerdvd 8 with my movies so im not sure how great it works.yet. ill get my HTCP back today .THANK GOD

i still rip my movies to ISO. the way i have it set up is first you need my movies powerdvd and daemon tools first you set up your library with all your movies then you set up the path for each movie to read it from the hard drive in which it is located once you have my movies open you have your whole collection in front of you with dvd covers , i like it because it gives an organized and clean look to your home theatre set up all i do is click on the picture of the movie then hit watch and then daemon tools will autmatically mount the image and then stat playing so im not doing anything diffent with my rips then what i have been doing in the past . its a really nice set up i recommend it for eveyone. i also have the Windows media center remote so all i do is push the windows button and My movies starts and choose what i want to do it makes it a whole lot easier
are you useing a folder for each movie ,or will it read from the drive letter.:D

are you useing a folder for each movie ,or will it read from the drive letter.:D

i just have the movies in the drive .no folders needed. all you do is go under collection managment then click on the movie you want under the info for make movie youll see a little icon that says disc click on that then click on add title and then navigate to the drive or folder that the movie is located click on it and then your done. when you start My movies click on the movie and hit WATCH and it starts. very easy

thanks alot bachuka i apreciate the info im gonna look into but i have no experience with Radeon. is the 2600 the same qualityin picture as the nvidia 8600 or less

They look about the same to me...I have two systems 1) running 8600GTS and the other running Radeon 2600 HD. I think the reviews say the 2600 looks better.

They look about the same to me...I have two systems 1) running 8600GTS and the other running Radeon 2600 HD. I think the reviews say the 2600 looks better.

do any ATI cards have HDMi inputs

I used to have nvidia and not bad but I have switch it to HD2600 pro and now using 3650 and can't wait the new 4XXX series in next couple weeks.

do any ATI cards have HDMi inputs

U meant HDMI output to receive, right? Yes, it does. But they use DVI out and all you need to do is use their come with gray DVI to HDMI dongle and it will add sound to HDMI to receiver.

yeah OUTPUT, sorry ok cause my projector has an M1 to HDMI cable

Peter

nope. we were suggesting Bigrick to try to open PDVD8 using MM from his 2nd display. When we hit play a BD in MM, MM will minimize and mount BD and play the BD iso using PDVD8 (only for MM PR3 going forward).
i have been trying to get mm to play pdvd8 but it keeps asking do i want arcsoft totalmedia,if i press later it offers pdvd but not pdvd8,it then tells me when i play an iso (i am legend blu-ray )that pdvd cant play blu-ray files and to use an iso(which it is)or change to arcsoft,any ideas?:bang:

i have been trying to get mm to play pdvd8 but it keeps asking do i want arcsoft totalmedia,if i press later it offers pdvd but not pdvd8,it then tells me when i play an iso (i am legend blu-ray )that pdvd cant play blu-ray files and to use an iso(which it is)or change to arcsoft,any ideas?:bang:

do you have anydvd enabled buring playback. also i think the best thing to do is unistall arcsoft and reset my movies so it can just pick up powerdvd and then if you want install it again. for mine it uses powerdvd 8 so maybe you need to go into powerdvd 7 and change the play setting, turn off autoplayor anything else that might trigger powerdvd 7 , maybe. also what happens if you press later again. does it then offer powerdvd 8.

EDIT: i just tried it again and it looks like both powerdvd 8 and 7 try to open for me so i got to play with it and see what i can do. i think this set up we got now with powerdvd 8 and 7 both being installed might be a problem for My Movies

Last edited:
Ok I just installed latest MM PR5. It seems to me it is the best so far and few things did not work before and working now. I have a clean install OS, Vista Ultimate couple months ago and I don't have TMT in this OS anymore. When I first start VMC after clean install, VMC prompt me few questions from MM and since then every new MM PR, I just uninstall the previous one and install the latest PR and that's. I also confirmed that it runs full screen for me and all VMC does is minimize the VMC, mount the ISO I choose to playback, AnyDVD HD scans, open PDVD8 and it will play auto the BD I wanted. It is NO different if I just open PDVD8 and play BD. Once again, I only have 1 version of PDVD8 with latest patch, No 7 since I have less than 5 HD-DVD and I don't want to mess with the latest build and I've no TMT in this OS.

Pete, perhaps give Bigrick's advise a try uninstall TMT and see. Let us know.

Last edited:
anything new in this version .what was fixed? im gonna try it later today so i can see how it works with my hacked powerdvd 8

anything new in this version .what was fixed? im gonna try it later today so i can see how it works with my hacked powerdvd 8

The integration and mouse over I noticed in this PR. But when you refer to hack PDV8, I assume you are referring to PDVD7 and PDVD8 HD-DVD version that SamuriHL put together, right? You might run in same problem with peter that MM will confuses which one to open. I don't know I am guessing here. If you do that it might confuse MM and you might need to re-install MM and more in order to get MM working in BD playback again. Once again I don't know and I'm guessing here.

As I mentioned before, I only have less than 5 HD-DVD and I am not going to bother to put 2 PDVD together just for 5 HD-DVD. With 1 PDVD8 latest patch and no TMT, I have no problem with MM at all today.

Back