• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My Movie & PowerDVD

Bigrick

ok heres the deal i have all my movies, bluray hddvd and dvd in the My Movie collection and all i gotta do is start media center and i watch my movies with a click of a button, im sure alot of you either do this or have tried it. my problem is im using mutiple displays one to my computer monitor the other to my projector screen. i have powerdvd integrated in my movies for HD playback. when i start media center it will open on the projector (thats where i want it) but when i play an HD movie it opens powerdvd instead of together on the same screen with windows media center which means i have to get my fat ass of the couch and slide it over. is there anything i can do to set it up so that it will open on my second display. for media center all i did was slide it over to the projector and it stays there everytime i open it but this doesnt work with powerdvd. any help would be apreciated

Last edited:
ok heres the deal i have all my movies, bluray hddvd and dvd in the My Movie collection and all i gotta do is start media center and i watch my movies with a click of a button, im sure alot of you either do this or have tried it. my problem is im using mutiple displays one to my computer monitor the other to my projector screen. i have powerdvd integrated in my movies for HD playback. when i start media center it will open on the projector (thats where i want it) but when i play an HD movie it opens powerdvd instead of together on the same screen with windows media center which means i have to get my fat ass of the couch and slide it over. is there anything i can do to set it up so that it will open on my second display. for media center all i did was slide it over to the projector and it stays there everytime i open it but this doesnt work with powerdvd. any help would be apreciated
i presume you are using dvi out to both from your graphics card,what you want is a one in two out dvi/hdmi with an audio splitter,so whatever programme you use shows on both displays at the same time (same for component):rock:

i presume you are using dvi out to both from your graphics card,what you want is a one in two out dvi/hdmi with an audio splitter,so whatever programme you use shows on both displays at the same time (same for component):rock:

no im using DVI to the monitor and DVI/HDMI to my projector and i dont want the same display i want to be able to work on the monitor and watch My Movies on the projector which i do just fine right now with my regular dvds but i want it to work properly with powerdvd to do the same with my bluray movies.

Bigrick,

I have the similar setup 2 weeks ago 2 DVI out from GC to monitor and PJ, before I take everything down to accomplish my new pre-amp... anyway, I am not 100% understand what you are looking for but depending on your GC you can do clone or extend desktop mode to drag the PDVD and play BD from PDVD in either PJ or monitor, of course they have to be hardware compatible such as HDCP. Let me know what you want to do and I will try my best to help.

Cheers.

thats what im doing ive been draging powerdvd to the projector to play on there but what i want to do is have it open on the projector display without me draging it. thats how my windows media center works i push the windows media button on my remote and it opens on the projector which is HDCP my problem is when i go into My Movies and click on a bluray or HDDVD movie it opens with powerdvd which is fine cause thats what its suppose to do cause its integrated but my problem is that powerdvd opens on the monitor and not the projector and i want to know if theres a way to always have it open on the projector instead thats way i dont need to drag it everytime giving it a better home theatre experience?

thats what im doing ive been draging powerdvd to the projector to play on there but what i want to do is have it open on the projector display without me draging it. thats how my windows media center works i push the windows media button on my remote and it opens on the projector which is HDCP my problem is when i go into My Movies and click on a bluray or HDDVD movie it opens with powerdvd which is fine cause thats what its suppose to do cause its integrated but my problem is that powerdvd opens on the monitor and not the projector and i want to know if theres a way to always have it open on the projector instead thats way i dont need to drag it everytime giving it a better home theatre experience?

Is the PJ and monitor same resolution? Can you do clone mode? If you don't want to before the BD movie starts what about drag PDVD to PJ using RealVNC from your monitor?

Last edited:
Is the PJ and monitor same resolution? Can you do clone mode? If you don't want to before the BD movie starts what about drag PDVD to PJ using RealVNC from your monitor?

the resolution is different between the monitor and the projector so if i clone it i dont get a picture on the projection screen unless i have a lower resolution on the monitor plus thats why i have 2 displays incase i wanted to be able to work on the computer and have a movie on the projector and really i just wanted to know if theres a way to keep powerdvd on the second display9projector0 everytime i open it like windows media center is if not thats fine ill just have to deal with it but i figured if WMC can do it why not PowerDVD also i dont know what RealVNC is

the resolution is different between the monitor and the projector so if i clone it i dont get a picture on the projection screen unless i have a lower resolution on the monitor plus thats why i have 2 displays incase i wanted to be able to work on the computer and have a movie on the projector and really i just wanted to know if theres a way to keep powerdvd on the second display9projector0 everytime i open it like windows media center is if not thats fine ill just have to deal with it but i figured if WMC can do it why not PowerDVD also i dont know what RealVNC is

RealVNC is a excellent remote desktop software to control your desktop. When I used the extend view mode I have VMC on the HTPC to monitor. Then I will turn off my monitor and drag a big portion of the VMC to the extend desktop area which is the PJ and continuous the dragging to the PJ then I will max it. In your case, you can do the same but not VMC but PDVD.

Also, in your GC, which display do you choose 1 or 2? In ATI, I can choose different application open in 1 or 2 not sure you have ATI or NVIDIA. Can you select PDVD open in PJ?

Also, in your GC, which display do you choose 1 or 2? In ATI, I can choose different application open in 1 or 2 not sure you have ATI or NVIDIA. Can you select PDVD open in PJ?

i have an Nvidia 8600gts and the projector is my second display but i dont know where i can go to set that if anyone can tell me where to go or what to do for that thats all i need and im good and second i downloaded RealVNC but i have no idea how to use it. got a quick tip on what i need to do ?:bang:

i cant figure out what the problem is usually when you have a double display and you drag a program to your second display as long as you close the program on that display the next time you open it, that program opens everytime in the same place but thats not the case with powerdvd and i dont understand why

i cant figure out what the problem is usually when you have a double display and you drag a program to your second display as long as you close the program on that display the next time you open it, that program opens everytime in the same place but thats not the case with powerdvd and i dont understand why

Hi Bigrick,

I was wondering about your problem the other day... Anyway, I must not 100% understand what you want before - sorry. Just to recap, you have 1 monitor and 1 PJ. Monitor is your 2nd display, not main, and you want to open PDVD using VMC in PJ and close it there and next time when you open it PDVD will be, 2nd display, there right?

I bought a new Onkyo HDMI pre-amp therefore I took down my 2 display system and not able to test it for you today. But before I took it down, I have similar set up a monitor and PJ from HTPC. I used extended display mode and I thought I can switch the main and secondary display around in order to have what program I want to open from main or secondary display. I don't use nvidia and switch it to ATI couple years ago. With my ATI GC, I can choose what program open in display 1 or 2.

Give me some feedbacks and let's brainstorm this one together. I am out of town this weekend and I will able to put it back the way just like you and test it if need next week.

Thanks.

you got it right thats the gist of it, but now i have a bigger problem, my computer shut down and now it turns on for a second and then off and on again so it wont really start . now i have to figure out whats going on now i might need a new power supply but i have to d osome test to figure out whats going on with it and then i will get back to this topic and try and figure out whats wrong

you got it right thats the gist of it, but now i have a bigger problem, my computer shut down and now it turns on for a second and then off and on again so it wont really start . now i have to figure out whats going on now i might need a new power supply but i have to d osome test to figure out whats going on with it and then i will get back to this topic and try and figure out whats wrong

Oh no. Hope as simple as PS. If not try to check out the OS HDD too to begin with. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

i know its not the HDD its goota be either the graphic card or the PS hopefully , i really didnt want to have take my computer apart on my day off but i have no choice i got movies to watch :D

i know its not the HDD its goota be either the graphic card or the PS hopefully , i really didnt want to have take my computer apart on my day off but i have no choice i got movies to watch :D

Not sure why GC but beside PS, check the RAM too and pull them out one by one and see.

By design, PowerDvd will not allow HD playback on a second monitor when a cloned display is present.

Disconnect your other monitor (non-projector) before turning on your computer and PowerDvd should play properly on your (single) display.

By design, PowerDvd will not allow HD playback on a second monitor when a cloned display is present.

Disconnect your other monitor (non-projector) before turning on your computer and PowerDvd should play properly on your (single) display.

well thats half true it will allow it if i drag it over it just wont open on the second display after a week of trying to do it i finally gave up but i kinda had to cause my motherboard was shot but the good thing is that the computers under warrenty so ill ship it out monday for repair but no movies for a week:bang:

does anyboddy know of another program like MY Movies that gives you nice interface with the covers and info and can play your movies with a click more importantly that can also integrate powerdvd to play my bluray movies. ive searched but i havent found anything myself but i could be over looking something

Back