• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My Movie & PowerDVD

Ok I just installed latest MM PR5. It seems to me it is the best so far and few things did not work before and working now. I have a clean install OS, Vista Ultimate couple months ago and I don't have TMT in this OS anymore. When I first start VMC after clean install, VMC prompt me few questions from MM and since then every new MM PR, I just uninstall the previous one and install the latest PR and that's. I also confirmed that it runs full screen for me and all VMC does is minimize the VMC, mount the ISO I choose to playback, AnyDVD HD scans, open PDVD8 and it will play auto the BD I wanted. It is NO different if I just open PDVD8 and play BD. Once again, I only have 1 version of PDVD8 with latest patch, No 7 since I have less than 5 HD-DVD and I don't want to mess with the latest build and I've no TMT in this OS.

Pete, perhaps give Bigrick's advise a try uninstall TMT and see. Let us know.
just read your link to mm,still no luck,does pdvd8 need pdvd7 to run hd-dvd cause i downloaded the zip from one of the links provided by another member,
if i thought id get away with it id uninstall tmt and pdvd7.

just read your link to mm,still no luck,does pdvd8 need pdvd7 to run hd-dvd cause i downloaded the zip from one of the links provided by another member,
if i thought id get away with it id uninstall tmt and pdvd7.

peter,

Are you referring the HD-DVD latest PDVD8 patch that SamuriHL provided? Based on my understanding from Brian in MM, I think it will ask you to pick TMT or PDVD to be your BD player. If it is not asking you that today, I suggest you should uninstall TMT and MM then re-install latest MM PR5 then it should prompt you to accept PDVD for BD playback player.

peter,

Are you referring the HD-DVD latest PDVD8 patch that SamuriHL provided? Based on my understanding from Brian in MM, I think it will ask you to pick TMT or PDVD to be your BD player. If it is not asking you that today, I suggest you should uninstall TMT and MM then re-install latest MM PR5 then it should prompt you to accept PDVD for BD playback player.

just uninstalled 7,8 still works with hd-dvd,great,but mm still only recognizes tmt now no pdvd at all.il take your advice and uninstall tmt and reinstall mm and see what happens,cheers.

just uninstalled 7,8 still works with hd-dvd,great,but mm still only recognizes tmt now no pdvd at all.il take your advice and uninstall tmt and reinstall mm and see what happens,cheers.

did u say you uninstall 7 and HD-DVD works with latest PDVD8 patch? in that case, I might give that a try. Let us know how you turn out.

did u say you uninstall 7 and HD-DVD works with latest PDVD8 patch? in that case, I might give that a try. Let us know how you turn out.
seriously i give that a try to . i thought 8 needed 7 to play hddvd but if thats the case then everything should be fine with me but ill test it later tonight

ok so heres what ive come up with. first off i uninstalled powerdvd 7.3 and i still get hddvd playback on 8 so thats a plus. but i still cant open powerdvd 8 on the second display so nothing has changed with that , but i am glad to have only one powerdvd on my computer now so that will do until i get an Radeon graphic card and check it out with that

ok so heres what ive come up with. first off i uninstalled powerdvd 7.3 and i still get hddvd playback on 8 so thats a plus. but i still cant open powerdvd 8 on the second display so nothing has changed with that , but i am glad to have only one powerdvd on my computer now so that will do until i get an Radeon graphic card and check it out with that

Are u saying you can have HD-DVD playback with the latest PDVD8 patch with no PDVD7 in your system? If so, can you share with me how to do that?

Are u saying you can have HD-DVD playback with the latest PDVD8 patch with no PDVD7 in your system? If so, can you share with me how to do that?

i didnt do anything special all i did was follow SamuriHL's tutorial on how to do it and then i tok the chance and just deleted 7.3 andit still works even after i reboted the computer everything works fine and im using the new patch for powerdvd 8 maybe im just lucky i dont know

i didnt do anything special all i did was follow SamuriHL's tutorial on how to do it and then i tok the chance and just deleted 7.3 andit still works even after i reboted the computer everything works fine and im using the new patch for powerdvd 8 maybe im just lucky i dont know
just uninstalled tmt and pdvd8 (forgot about the hd-dvd hack,had to do it again:bang:)and mm.made a fresh install of pdvd8 and mm and hey presto,mm finally recognised pdvd8 and works brilliantly:bowdown:

just uninstalled tmt and pdvd8 (forgot about the hd-dvd hack,had to do it again:bang:)and mm.made a fresh install of pdvd8 and mm and hey presto,mm finally recognised pdvd8 and works brilliantly:bowdown:

thats what iu thought. evrything else was interfering with powerdvd to be seen. but im gonna still use 7.3 until theres an option to get rid of the movie remix and movielive because my remote doesnt work with powerdvd and i dont want to keep going to the screen to push play on my keyboard

excellent!

AHH you know what powerdvd 8 does not play HDDVD. i just got my computer back so i was updating powerdvd 8 to the new version and then i followed Samuri's guide on installing HDDV but for some reason it did not update to the newest version(1730) it went to the one before, but its no big deal for me im still gonna use 7.3 cause its more user friendly at the moment at least for me

AHH you know what powerdvd 8 does not play HDDVD. i just got my computer back so i was updating powerdvd 8 to the new version and then i followed Samuri's guide on installing HDDV but for some reason it did not update to the newest version(1730) it went to the one before, but its no big deal for me im still gonna use 7.3 cause its more user friendly at the moment at least for me
hmmm,mine runs pdvd8 1531 even after install hd dvd hack,maybe you installed hack in version 7? do you only use rips and not isos,isos are the way to go.

Last edited:
hmmm,mine runs pdvd8 1531 even after install hd dvd hack,maybe you installed hack in version 7? do you only use rips and not isos,isos are the way to go.

thats my point 1531 works with the HDDVD hack the new version is 1730 thats where the hack is blocked
only ISO plus these versions of powerdvd dont play from files

thats my point 1531 works with the HDDVD hack the new version is 1730 thats where the hack is blocked
only ISO plus these versions of powerdvd dont play from files
crap,does this mean the next time i download a patch from cyberlink im screwd?:confused:

crap,does this mean the next time i download a patch from cyberlink im screwd?:confused:

ABOSLUTLY !!!! unless you want to do the hack and then youll have to versions of powerdvd opening at the same time which is a major pain in the ass so i recommend just sticking with 7.3 if you want to be able to play HDDVDs but if thats not important to you go with the PowerDVD 8

ABOSLUTLY !!!! unless you want to do the hack and then youll have to versions of powerdvd opening at the same time which is a major pain in the ass so i recommend just sticking with 7.3 if you want to be able to play HDDVDs but if thats not important to you go with the PowerDVD 8
i find powerdvd8 excellent for isos ,i still have 7.1 sound and mm plays brilliantly with 8,pdvd7 is limited to 5.and 1 or 6.1+of course hdd playback so swings and rounabouts,whatever rocks your boat,all i know is without slysoft and the help of the forum,namely yourself and samuri and loads more none of this would be possible,so a big thanks:clap::bowdown:

im always glad to help, this forum has done so much for me i do what i can to give some back it might not be perfect but i try

Last edited:
has anyone ever tried to get an answer at the MY Movies forum before. people have asked about the problem with the new anydvd hd beta and my movies and theres no answers. i guess ive been spoiled with getting an imediate answer on this forum for any problem i might have. so i guess well just have to wait and see what the problem is . im not sure if james or peer have answer for this problem here?

also i was just thinking about it but never tried it. does anyone know if Hp BD/HDDVD play will play a bluray movie from an ISO. i have been so stuck with powerdvd i forgot that i had this option on my HP media center but can't try it until i get home later

Last edited:
for anyone who care i tried Hp's Bluray/HDDVD play and it wont play an ISO file which sucks for some reason i thought it would work this would have been great cause then i could get the bluray to open on my second display with my media center but things just arnt going my way at the moment

Back