• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

my first bluray clone :(

Nope, my DMP bd-85 isn't atmos gear either, in such cases the steam acts as a normal Dolby digital HD stream. Transformers that also had atmos plays just fine on it

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Not that my question has been answered either time I asked it. Showing me a screen shot of CloneBD doesn't answer my question. Telling me what the player may or may not support doesn't answer my question. You eventually PARTIALLY answered my question when you said the original plays fine "on all hardware". But it doesn't tell me what audio track the player selected on the original to play. I will ask one more time.

Does the original play on the hardware player and if so what audio track does it say it's playing?

I'm not sure if that answered my question. Does the original disc play on the player with audio? If so you should be able to find out which audio track it is even if you can only see the track number.
Sorry pal i should have read it properly. Ive been really tired at work.
I will have a look in 30mins.

sent from my xperia z3

fb6a979d712c6c8b1ac42c18c12201a7.jpg

Just had a look. The original disc Audio is as you can see trueHD this isnt an option on a copied disc.
and when i switch to audio 3 its directors comments.
Im guessing that could be AC3 in the pre-burn audio set up.

sent from my xperia z3

Ive also just done another copy selecting just TrueHD.
The movie doesnt start.
The disc looks about 90% complete underneath.
I used the iso that was decrypted.
Which was very successful on the previous burn.
Im guessing it could be a disc quality issue.
Or clone just needs a bit of work?

sent from my xperia z3

Unknown. We can guess but there's no real way to know for sure. Since pdvd plays the created iso it stands to reason there's an issue with the hardware player... Either not liking the disc or not liking the CloneBD output. Other than changing discs I don't know how else to narrow it down.

Last edited:
Thanks yer just bought 3 25gb BD-RE discs.
That should stop me making a huge stack of coasters.
I burned Gravity last night.
It plays spot on and the sound is ok.
Only problem this time is when i skip chapter or fast forward. It freezes.
Pause and play work fine.
I bought the writer second hand off ebay.
I have until the 10th of January to send it back.

sent from my xperia z3

What writer is it? Have you checked for firmware updates? Although I doubt it's the writer at fault

ALMOST had it....

I've been a long time user of Sly's amazing software...I recently purchased CloneBD with the lifetime updates. I successfully created an ISO folder of the source movie using Anydvd hd, the movie was ejected as it always is, I placed a blank memorex BD-R and my HL-DT-ST-DVDRWBD GBC-H20N doesn't recognize there was a blank blu-ray inserted. I'm going to try a Verbatim blank blu-ray next.

ANY suggestions?

Last edited:
I've been a long time user of Sly's amazing software...I recently purchased CloneBD with the lifetime updates. I successfully created an ISO folder of the source movie using Anydvd hd, the movie was ejected as it always is, I placed a blank memorex BD-R and my HL-DT-ST-DVDRWBD GBC-H20N doesn't recognize there was a blank blu-ray inserted. I'm going to try a Verbatim blank blu-ray next.

ANY suggestions?

You will get more help and attention if you post a new thread. In the forum "CloneBD" left click on "Post new thread" near the bottom left and describe your problem in detail.

Its a sony BDX-S500U 2011

sent from my xperia z3
You should use the external AC adapter as drawing power from the USB can cause problems especially with writing.
Have you tried the BDRE on a standalone player? The freezing problem may be PC or software player related.

Also, if you're going to exchange it, I would go for one of these full size LG's available on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-Electron...856?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item233a07ef20
You might be able to find one (BE14NU40) in the UK but LG is a good reliable brand for blu ray externals.

PS If you like slimline style drives and you're using a laptop, you should look into replacing the existing internal optical drive in the laptop with a slimline BD burner. That way you maximize the transfer speed and eliminate any USB problems. That may not be a good idea if it's a used drive though. If it was re-built it might be ok. If it's just used I would send it back and buy something new or at least new old stock unused.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Roy. Im powering the writer with the AC adapter.
The software, writer and discs have cost me near £200 so far.
I dont really have any spare money left for another burner.
As im modernising the flat atm.
I think its mainly due to the clone software being early in development updates IE bug and stability fixes.
I will wait it out for a while.
The burner has managed to copy transformers and gravity.
They both play perfectly with powerdvd 14.
But have audio and chapter select issues on set top players.

sent from my xperia z3

I think its mainly due to the clone software being early in development updates IE bug and stability fixes.
I will wait it out for a while.
The burner has managed to copy transformers and gravity.
They both play perfectly with powerdvd 14.
But have audio and chapter select issues on set top players.

It sounds like you're making progress and agree it's likely not a PC or burner problem but is probably a standalone player compatibility problem. Key is to always post log files. Hit Alt key after every process and save the log files with the hidden keys so you have the data needed to trace the CloneBD problems.

It sounds like you're making progress and agree it's likely not a PC or burner problem but is probably a standalone player compatibility problem. Key is to always post log files. Hit Alt key after every process and save the log files with the hidden keys so you have the data needed to trace the CloneBD problems.
Ive got some blu rays coming so will be having a go with them.
Ive also ordered some 25gb bd-re discs.
As long as anydvd decrypts them to the hard drive.
It buys me some time for clonebd to update.

sent from my xperia z3

clone bd

Hi all im along time user of anydvd and clone dvd.
Just days ago i purchased cloneBD and anydvd HD.
Im having an issue with the first few attempts.
I rip to hard drive with anydvd HD. I make a 1:1 copy using cloneBD.
About 5hrs later i hear the noise :)
The screen says copy successful with an auto eject.
I play the movie on 3 different bluray players but i just get a black background and no movie :(

help...

i have tried clone bd every way i know how i purchased anydvd hd about6 years ago and i love it I"m a lifetime member, but this clone bd is not working for me i will not puchase this software untill it works for me in trial mode,i have tried everything.help.

Little update. Just tried expendables 3 dvd using clonedvd.
I burned it using the sony BDX-S500U.
Played it through the Panasonic bluray player.
The audio only has directors comments, very sad indeed :(
Im now thinking there is a windows 8 incompatibility with the S500U or its a dud.
Ive had a look for firware updates, but non are available.
When going into the drive settings for the BD writer i noticed it was set to region 1.
My region and all of my hardware is 2.
Not sure if that has anything to do with it?
Ive changed it to region 2 now so, will see.
Any ideas?..

sent from my xperia z3

Last edited:
Little update. Just tried expendables 3 dvd using clonedvd.
I burned it using the sony BDX-S500U.
Played it through the Panasonic bluray player.
The audio only has directors comments, very sad indeed :(
Im now thinking there is a windows 8 incompatibility with the S500U or its a dud.
Ive had a look for firware updates, but non are available.
When going into the drive settings for the BD writer i noticed it was set to region 1.
My region and all of my hardware is 2.
Not sure if that has anything to do with it?
Ive changed it to region 2 now so, will see.
Any ideas?..

sent from my xperia z3

No, you picked the wrong audio file in CloneDVD. Director's Comments are usually AC3-2 files. Main movie is usually AC3-6 files.

I select both. And have done copies with one or the other.
Same result each time.

sent from my xperia z3

Back