• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

my first bluray clone :(

tuska20000

Hi all im along time user of anydvd and clone dvd.
Just days ago i purchased cloneBD and anydvd HD.
Im having an issue with the first few attempts.
I rip to hard drive with anydvd HD. I make a 1:1 copy using cloneBD.
About 5hrs later i hear the noise :)
The screen says copy successful with an auto eject.
I play the movie on 3 different bluray players but i just get a black background and no movie :(

help...

So ive just purchased powerdvd 14 ultra.
I put the cloned transformers in the bluray drive.
It didnt see the disc :(

Help...

sent from my xperia z3

So ive just purchased powerdvd 14 ultra.
I put the cloned transformers in the bluray drive.
It didnt see the disc :(

Help...

sent from my xperia z3

It's always a good idea to backup to an iso image on HDD first and not burn straight to BDR. Test the image with VCD with a software player and then use IMGBURN to burn to BDR.
Also, always create a log file even if ClownBD completes successfully. Press 'Alt' key if you don't see the buttons to create a log file.
That way if there is a problem later on you have the log files to post or send to Elby.
But your complaint is rather common it's probably coasters and without the log files nobody can trace the problem.

It's always a good idea to backup to an iso image on HDD first and not burn straight to BDR. Test the image with VCD with a software player and then use IMGBURN to burn to BDR.
Also, always create a log file even if ClownBD completes successfully. Press 'Alt' key if you don't see the buttons to create a log file.
That way if there is a problem later on you have the log files to post or send to Elby.
But your complaint is rather common it's probably coasters and without the log files nobody can trace the problem.
Seems very drawn out for something thats supposed to be straight forward :(
I will have ago at what you said.
First im going to burn a different movie to see if the same problem happens.

sent from my xperia z3

I copied to hard drive before burning.
Not straight from disc.

sent from my xperia z3

Quick update. Ive found the file that contains the movie.
It plays fine through powerdvd

sent from my xperia z3

Ive created an iso file. What should i do with this?
I used anydvdHd to rip the image.
Should i try to burn it as i would a decrypted file?

sent from my xperia z3

Ive created an iso file. What should i do with this?
I used anydvdHd to rip the image.
Should i try to burn it as i would a decrypted file?

sent from my xperia z3

You still seem to be lost a little. If the image is decrypted, then you should be able to unload AnyDVDHD and mount it with VCD and play it with a software player without any problems.
What do you want to do with that image? If you just want to keep it as is then you can use IMGBURN to burn the iso image to BDR.
If you want to process it further (eg shrink) then you can use CloneBD to process it before you burn to BDR.

Imgburn safe download:
http://download.cnet.com/windows/lightning-uk/3260-20_4-6305991-1.html

Last edited:
Ive just purchased powerdvd 14 ultra.
That should have all the necessary converters, maybe. Well its got media espresso. Haven't had a good rummage yet.
I created the iso image using the original disc. Not decrypted.

sent from my xperia z3

Last edited:
Clone can burn iso's cant it? Oh does img burn convert the iso to bdr. Is bdr a format.

sent from my xperia z3

Use IMGBURN to burn valid ISO images to BDR after confirming they work with VCD and a software player.

Use IMGBURN to burn valid ISO images to BDR after confirming they work with VCD and a software player.
Ok i will do that tomorrow. Thanks for the help bud i appreciate it.
Im learning in little bits. Cheers :)

sent from my xperia z3

If you made an image without decrypting it then the image will need the encryption removing before putting it on a BD-R otherwise it won't play back in a set top player

If you made an image without decrypting it then the image will need the encryption removing before putting it on a BD-R otherwise it won't play back in a set top player
So i decrypt the disc to hdd folder. Then rip image from folder?

sent from my xperia z3

So i decrypt the disc to hdd folder using anydvdHd . Then rip image from the decrypted folder?

Then... Play in powerdvd? Convert?

sent from my xperia z3

CloneCD cannot burn blu-ray iso's. It doesn't know how to handle the blu-ray's UDF 2.50 filesystem
CloneDVD can't be used either for the obvious reason.

Use IMGBurn, select "burn iso to disc" and browse to the iso file, hit burn and you're done.

No you do NOT rip BD's to folder structure, you rip them to an iso (it's better, without getting into technical details). If you want to play an iso in PowerDVD you mount the ISO in software like "Virtual Clone Drive", available for free on the download page. That will simulate an optical drive with that movie inside. You then select that simulated drive in PowerDVD to start playback.

The same procedure works if you need to see the file structure in the iso. Just mount it.

For use with CloneBD, you have 2 choices. You can either open the iso file directly in CloneBD or mount it first in VCD. Either way works

Cant see how i can decrypt an iso with anydvd, as there is no input source other than the disc drives?
CloneBD has the facility to create an iso. I could use the decrypted folder?

sent from my xperia z3

Check my previous response. You can decrypt an iso with anydvd just fine. You need to mount the iso in VCD, and enable anydvd for the virtual drive as well. Anydvd will then decrypt the iso and you have 2 choices. Proceed with cloneBD from there (click the button that shows the mounted ISO), or 2 create a new unprotected ISO with the anydvd ripper.

CloneBD does NOT have the facility to create an ISO from the start, it can LOAD an iso from the start. The ISO output creation is only available after cloning.

CloneCD cannot burn blu-ray iso's. It doesn't know how to handle the blu-ray's UDF 2.50 filesystem
CloneDVD can't be used either for the obvious reason.

Use IMGBurn, select "burn iso to disc" and browse to the iso file, hit burn and you're done.

No you do NOT rip BD's to folder structure, you rip them to an iso (it's better, without getting into technical details). If you want to play an iso in PowerDVD you mount the ISO in software like "Virtual Clone Drive", available for free on the download page. That will simulate an optical drive with that movie inside. You then select that simulated drive in PowerDVD to start playback.

The same procedure works if you need to see the file structure in the iso. Just mount it.

For use with CloneBD, you have 2 choices. You can either open the iso file directly in CloneBD or mount it first in VCD. Either way works
So if im using CloneBD to open the iso i then just burn to disc.
Why doesnt anydvd just rip to iso as standard if its more convenient.
Is it so people have access to individual files etc..?

sent from my xperia z3

Last edited:
If all you want to do is burn a decrypted iso you don't need CloneBD, use IMGBurn. CloneBD doesn't burn until after it processes the source.

Why not to iso as standard? Because if iso was the standard if would rip DVD's by default to iso, and you don't rip DVD's to iso with anydvd

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Back