• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Movie Only Copies: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy

Hello. Long time fan of this tool/utility. I too am struggling with movie Brave. I get eac3to 3rd Pass:a03 The libav decoder reported error -1 while decoding. I have tried running as follows. 1.) playlist 800 run as is with output audio unconverted audio boxes under type AC3/AC3 surround/TRUE HD checked. 2.) playlist 800 run with output audio unconverted audio output boxes under type only TRUE HD checked. Anything wrong here? Anything else I can try?

Hello. Long time fan of this tool/utility. I too am struggling with movie Brave. I get eac3to 3rd Pass:a03 The libav decoder reported error -1 while decoding. I have tried running as follows. 1.) playlist 800 run as is with output audio unconverted audio boxes under type AC3/AC3 surround/TRUE HD checked. 2.) playlist 800 run with output audio unconverted audio output boxes under type only TRUE HD checked. Anything wrong here? Anything else I can try?

I get the same error. Not sure what to do other than to just rip the disc using AnydvdHD only.

I get the same error. Not sure what to do other than to just rip the disc using AnydvdHD only.
I'm having this issue as well, but with my copy of Finding Nemo. Evidently an update will need to be released for eac3to to address the issue. More details on this are available over on the Doom9 forums. That being said, I had no issues backing up a movie only copy (no compression with primary audio track and commentary track to BD folder structure) using BD Rebuilder instead.

I encountered the same issue with eac3to with Finding Nemo but not Brave (I'm in US so not clear if Brave issue happens with BDs other than Region 1/A). To get around the eac3to issue with Nemo, I used tsmuxer to build the BD file structure by selecting the (6 or 7) m2ts files in the playlist (used BDInfo to get the playlist) in order. After that, if you still want/need to, you can then use clownBD like you normally would.

Rambo First Blood Jitters

Now ClownBD won't correctly read .iso over the network. The Video/Audio/Subtitle shows up as blank. Transfer that same .iso to the computer ClownBD is installed on and it works fine.

On top of that, the following movies do NOT work with ClownBD (just wanting to take out menus and remake as an .iso with only the main movie, 1 uncompressed audio track, and 1 subtitle track):
Akira: Subtitles don't show up.
Rambo - First Blood: Major video glitches.
Nine Inch Nails Live - Beside You in Time: A/V is about 1 minute off.
The Contract: Subtitles don't show up.
Mesrine - Public Enemy #1: A/V sync is about 10 seconds off.
Mesrine - Killer Instinct: A/V sync is about 10 seconds off.

The logs show no errors. Originals all play fine. I've asked for help about 4 times, and don't even deserve a reply I guess. I even put logs in my last post, still no reply. I guess this program isn't supported anymore and we are out of luck if we have issues. Doesn't seem like CloneBD even exists, so we have to deal with this program which seems to have been abandoned.

I finally got First Blood and tried ClownBD and got the video skip/jittter too. Anyone found a resolution yet?

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125966

eac3to v3.25 released

* fixed: option "-down6" didn't handle 6.1 tracks properly
* fixed: option "-down6" for 7.1 content lowered side channels in volume
* fixed: 6.1 DTS/E-AC3 libav decoding resulted in incorrect 70f channel mask
* fixed: a couple of funny AC3 channel configs resulted in swapped channels
* fixed: option "-check" failed for SRT subtitles
* fixed: MKV tracks without language information didn't default to "English"
* fixed: 16bit MLP decoding didn't work at all
* fixed: DTS 2.1 decoding had empty sub channel when using ArcSoft decoder
* fixed: muxing h264 video streams without VUI eventually crashed
* fixed: SMPTE 302M 20bit PCM tracks didn't extract properly
* improved AC3 seamless branching handling by detection of identical frames
* improved DTS seamless branching handling by detection of identical frames
* updated to latest ffmpeg/libav revision
* added support for libav DTS 6.1 and 7.1 decoding (only in core, no DTS-HD)
* added support for encoding all AC3 channel configurations
* added support for demuxing Blu-Ray primary E-AC3 tracks (AC3 core)
* libav is now the default decoder for AC3 and E-AC3
* option "-down2" is now deprecated, but still supported
* option "-downDpl" mixes down to Dolby Pro Logic II
* option "-downStereo" mixes down to standard stereo
* added support for mixing any channel configuration to stereo/DPL
* DPL downmixing doesn't lower volume, anymore (except when clipping occurs)
* editing audio tracks by adding silence is now less restrictive
* trying to mux right eye stream to MKV errors out now, instead of crashing
* doing "eac3to 1) movie.mkv" for 3D BDs now properly skips right eye stream
* FLAC encoding is now done with optimized block sizes for "LossyWAV" files
* encoder bitdepth for lossy DTS tracks is no longer displayed
* option "-test" no longer checks mkvtoolnix

Used eac3to 3.25 to successfully process Brave and Finding Nemo with ClownBD. However, the playback of Brave contains audio drops (3 in the first 5 minutes) like in Total Recall (2012). I have not checked Finding Nemo yet.

Used eac3to 3.25 to successfully process Brave and Finding Nemo with ClownBD. However, the playback of Brave contains audio drops (3 in the first 5 minutes) like in Total Recall (2012). I have not checked Finding Nemo yet.

The audio drops have nothing to do with eac3to. The issue is with the discs themselves and only affects the Dolby TrueHD track. Sony is in fact offering a disc replacement program for Total Recall 2012 which you can read about here. The workaround short of getting your disc replaced is to not bitstream. You'll need to adjust the setting in your Blu-ray player to ensure it does the decoding. With my Sony player for instance I had to change the BD Audio setting from Direct (Bitstream) to Mix (PCM).

Last edited:
* fixed: option "-down6" didn't handle 6.1 tracks properly
* fixed: option "-down6" for 7.1 content lowered side channels in volume
* dialnorm is no longer removed from DTS-HD tracks (didn't work, anyway)

Hello mike,

sorry for the noob question, but does that mean the BDs I have authored with ClownBD that contain DTS-HD MA 6.1 or 7.1 are somewhat affected? I mean are the remuxed version inferior to the original and no longer lossless?

BTW,

How can I incorporate a new version of eac3to to the ClownBD package I use
(ca 12mb)

Thanks again for such a fantastic tool.

Last edited:
I doubt you used the -down6 argument.

You can either replace the contents of the eac3to folder with yhe new version. Alternatively set the options to the new loacation.

Is there a way to convert a 1:1 copy of an HDDVD disc to BD? I ask since I have the first season of Star Trek on HDDVD and want the full disc converted to BD (not just the main episodes). The full disc allows me to switch back and forth from the original scene to the updated one 'on the fly'.

Sure. Buy Blu-ray authoring software. Sonic is one I believe is popular. I think it costs about 2500$

Alternatively you can just buy the Star Trek BD.

Back