• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Movie Only Copies: eac3to, tsMuxer & ImgBurn Made Easy

Jono,

I had exactly the same problem as you under Windows 7 64. The first scan ran fine and then the second scan would show no choices under the selections boxes. (Note: It actually worked under XP 32.) My solution is somewhat specific to my hardware, but I hope something similar would work for you.

I am using a Synology DS-1010+ as my NAS server. I was way behind on my firmware, using DSM 3.1. I had to upgrade to version 4.0 and then to 4.1 and "suddenly" everything works. :) (Again note... it did not work on DSM 4.0 but only 4.1 which was just released August 30th of this year [5 days ago]).

I really appreciate your post here because had I not thought to copy the file locally. As soon as I copied the file and saw the same results as yours I knew it had to be some sort of Windows7/64-bit/system/NAS kind of thing.

Anyway, I'd look to update the firmware of your NAS and see how it goes.

-Edit-
Incidentally, the whole process for me is still much faster doing it locally (ie, copying, encoding, and copying back) then just doing it over the network so maybe it's a bit of a moot point.

Last edited:
Seeker Ktf

Thanks for your post . It has given me something to work on and after initial testing it looks like the NAS drives are the problem. I have three NAS two are Netgear ReadyNAS and the third is a D-LINK. The .iso 's on the D-Link process OK but not those on both the two Netgear boxes. There is a firmware upgrade available so I'll try that on them both and see if that resolves the situation.

Thanks again. I would never have guessed it could be firmware specific.

OK, Ignore my last post completely. Or not. You should probably be using the best firmware. But that's not the fix.

I had the same problem as before and of course, the latest firmware was still installed... It turns out that the problem lies with the "Buffered I/O" setting in Virtual CloneDrive. If you uncheck the option, ClownBd (and Any Video Converter for that matter) works just fine. Somehow the buffered I/O is causing the problems fail under Win 7 64.

Sorry about misleading you and potentially others. That's what I get for changing two things at one time. :eek:

I'm having trouble creating a movie only copy of Amelie the way I want. Primary audio track is in French. Secondary audio track is the commentary track in English. I'd like to include both, but whenever I do the commentary track ends up being the primary audio track during playback when I test in TMT5. Ultimately I'll be burning to a BD-RDL for playback in my Sony changer. Any thoughts? I did already change any language preferences to French in this case, but for whatever reason the English audio track continues to take precedent. I am forcing subs on this one as I don't speak French. Having no issues with that.

I'm having trouble creating a movie only copy of Amelie the way I want. Primary audio track is in French. Secondary audio track is the commentary track in English. I'd like to include both, but whenever I do the commentary track ends up being the primary audio track during playback when I test in TMT5. Ultimately I'll be burning to a BD-RDL for playback in my Sony changer. Any thoughts? I did already change any language preferences to French in this case, but for whatever reason the English audio track continues to take precedent. I am forcing subs on this one as I don't speak French. Having no issues with that.

I'm thinking that perhaps this is just a software thing with TMT5 as the primary audio track is French 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. Perhaps that's why it's switching the audio tracks around and making the commentary track the primary instead. Either way, I don't want to risk wasting a BD-RDL if the same thing ends up being the case when played back in my Sony Blu-ray changer, so I just ripped a copy without the commentary track. I generally only listen to the commentary track once, so I can always pop the original disc in my PS3 and watch it once that way if I want.

I suspect it's a language thing, your playback software is set to English, therefore it'll search out the first English track and play that before it'll play back a foreign language

can we get a new version that adds a radio button to extract the HD audio stream ONLY (not HD and core as is now in the unconverted button)? Recent BluRays, such as Brave, crash eac3to when trying to look at the HD+Core stream (in this case TrueHD+AC3). You can make the batch file with ClownBD and then replace THD+AC3 with just THD and then convert the THD on its own, but it make be nice to have that dedicated GUI button for "HD Audio Stream Only" (TrueHD or DTS-MA) in the event that something is weird with the combined audio stream that crashes EAC3to....just a suggestions.

Cheers

Clown_BD is end of life. SlyCE is being released (hopefully) soon. As far as I know THD with no AC3 core is not a Blu-Ray standard.

the point would be so one could take thd and re-encode to ac3 448 for bluray backup, which is fine by standards. If you check doom9 forums, there are some blurays out now, Brave being one of them, where EAC3to cannot handle the THD+AC3 stream together. However, it will demux the THD only. My suggestion was a radio button with ClownBD to do this. The one could reencode THD to whatever you want. Pity you think Clown is end of life...it is a great tool (especially since Slyce may not be out for a while). This would really complete the functionality of Clown.

cheers

not out for a while? Hmmz, if all goes well it's scheduled for release before the year is out.

Good if it is...we'll see. Hopefully one will be able to transcode audio...but it does not seem to be on the list:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=53392

I just don't think Clown should just be declared dead for no reason....but hey, just my few cents. Unless it has been declared dead so as to not compete with Slyce ;)

Won't BD Rebuilder do what you want? I personally don't find re-encoding to ac3 448 suitable for Blu-ray backups. It's not much of a backup in my opinion if it doesn't include the HD audio.

Clown_BD will do this, you need to select BATCH mode and edit the .BAT before executing. Ideally madshi should fix eac3to, but I guess this project is also closed for him now.

yes I figured the Batch thing...is just cleaner with a radio button...but no matter.

Apparently madshi is going to try to fix it, along with some other stuff, which is great news (if it happens).

Brave THD Processing

Has anyone successfully made a movie only backup of Brave with the TrueHD 7.1 track using ClownBD (eac3to and tsMuxeR)?

I used the Batch mode of ClownBD to extract only the THD track (no core) and is currently remuxing with tsMuxerR. However, I am getting a lot of bad frames decoding the AC3 stream and tsMuxeR is trying to resync the stream.

Just wondering if others are having this problem?

I upgraded to windows 8 x64.

But clownbd fails now at the moment where normally imgburn opens to create the iso. I tried to run as administrator but this did not help.

I also tried batch mode but the batch stops at the command call tsmuxer at that moment i have three dos windows open the one with tthe tsmuxer command which uses temp.meta seems to be the problem if i manual close that window imgburn will launch and complete the process.

Has anyone successfully made a movie only backup of Brave with the TrueHD 7.1 track using ClownBD (eac3to and tsMuxeR)?

I used the Batch mode of ClownBD to extract only the THD track (no core) and is currently remuxing with tsMuxerR. However, I am getting a lot of bad frames decoding the AC3 stream and tsMuxeR is trying to resync the stream.

Just wondering if others are having this problem?

What do you mean bad AC3...I thought you used TrueHD? Yes it does work fine. Done that here with THD for fun. I always convert to AC3 448 in order to ensure video is never touched and will fit on a BD. In this case there is no issue as the movie is small enough. But I tried AC3 448. EAC3To will not convert to AC3 from THD in this case. It will crash. However, FFMPEG will convert to AC3 448 nicely, and plays fine.

What do you mean bad AC3...I thought you used TrueHD?

The AC3 error is from tsMuxeR. I am just trying to remux the files produced by eac3to (.THD, .h264, .sup). So far, after 10 hours, tsMuxeR is only 9.5% complete because it is constantly detecting bad frames and tries to resync. I suspect the AC3 in the message is just referring to the Dolby TrueHD track since it is the only audio track that I am trying to mux.

Yes it does work fine. Done that here with THD for fun. I always convert to AC3 448 in order to ensure video is never touched and will fit on a BD. In this case there is no issue as the movie is small enough. But I tried AC3 448. EAC3To will not convert to AC3 from THD in this case. It will crash. However, FFMPEG will convert to AC3 448 nicely, and plays fine.

Specifically, are you saying that you were able to make a movie only backup of Brave with the TrueHD 7.1 track (no conversion/encoding) using ClownBD (eac3to and tsMuxeR)? I do not want any conversion of the audio track at all.

If yes, can you give me the procedural steps?

Currently, I used ClownBD to select only the video, TrueHD 7.1 audio and one of the English subtitle of Brave to generate the .bat file. I then edited the .bat file so that eac3to only extracts the TrueHD track (.THD) and not the AC3 core. I am now at the stage where I use tsMuxeR to mux the .THD, .h264, and .sup files back into the Blu-ray BDMV structure.

This is where tsMuxeR is reporting bad frames in the audio track and is taking a very long time to run as it tries to resync the audio stream.

Update:
I finally gave up on tsMuxeR. After 11 hours, it was only 10% completed and I had a feeling that the end result would still not be correct. I will just keep my fingers and toes crossed that a fix will be forthcoming.

Last edited:
Perhaps someone knows the answer to this...
I have a few Blu-ray titles I've backed up so far where the commentary track includes an accompanying subtitle track. In one case the commentary track is not in english, hence an english subtitle track is offered. With another title the commentary track is in english and the accompanying subtitle track displays graphic overlays on the screen calling out who happens to be speaking at the time. Stuff like that. That being said, I'm creating movie only backups of my Blu-ray collection using the Blu-ray folder structure which always include the commentary tracks and all english subtitle tracks. I'm wondering if there is any way to create my backup for a given title, so that when selecting the commentary track during playback the accompanying subtitle track becomes selected as well. Is there any way to tie the two together as is being done if I play the original disc?

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks. Here's hoping your simple program out performs slysoft Slyce.
It would be good not to have to upgrade an upgrade, but what's next?:D

Back