• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Metadata ISO

Hi all,

So, I feel like a headless chicken running round in circles trying to name my ISO files to what I want and then, then PowerDVD rewriting them to how it wants. I know I can switch this feature off and it orders my ISO files perfectly. Although with the feature switched off is add cover artwork is impossible

So, my question is there a way to write some metadata into CloneBD and include cover artwork like dBpowerAmp for wav file

The reason for asking is I’ve just my operating drive fail on my media pc and I’ve finally got it up and running again only to be fighting with PowerDVD continuously rewriting my files and changing the images. It’s been a three day fight which I’ve lost each time. Today has been one which has made me want to bin CyberLinks software as I thought I’ve use change info as a different option after it had once again rewritten most of my ISO file. This time it only rewrote all my films to one name. Thankfully, it hasn’t rewritten the actual files, but why it did this is unknown

Having looked online, I’m guessing this isn’t possible for ISO files as I’m unable to find anything

Any suggestions on how to add metadata would be greatly appreciated. I know I’m not on my own as it been reported for years. Oddly, it’s never been this bad before and I’ve been able to deal with it

Cheers, Shane

Last edited:
Thanks @cartman0208. I shall give it ago.

Today was another fun one as I’d just sorted every file out again only rewrite every file again. So I switched it off again.

I’m now trying to isolate each ISO file and its jpeg folder image within its own folder (whilst titling the jpeg as folder.jpg) to see it that works on one disc.

If this works then it looks like this might the simple fix. I’ve found that with the exception of two file which aren’t ISO files, for the last couple of hours, it hasn’t tried to rewrite anything

If I cannot sort the two, I’ll just re-rip them as ISO files as I somehow ripped them differently

As most use MKV, I’ve never tried them. Can a rip be uncompressed as I was under the assumption that ISO is the ideal file format to use as it allows for 100% of the quality while MKV compression decreases this?

Cheers, Shane

Clone BD lets you make Uncompressed MKV's with the original audio. It's what I do with my UHD's. I play them on an Apple TV3 4K with Plex and Infuse.

Thanks @jwjohnson

Do MKV’s have any issues with language as I seem to remember many years ago when I tried to just rip the core part of the film, dubbing with animation was always wrong hence why I’ve always settled on ISO files

I must say, I’m more interested in MKV as it seems PowerDVD isn’t going to play them anymore from what I’ve read on these forums

Cheers, Shane

P.S. the file issue I had seems to have weirdly settled. I’m trying to add my final drive without alterating the folder or file names to see what happens as I’ve done 10Gb already and I’ve lost the will 😂

Thanks @jwjohnson

Do MKV’s have any issues with language as I seem to remember many years ago when I tried to just rip the core part of the film, dubbing with animation was always wrong hence why I’ve always settled on ISO files

I must say, I’m more interested in MKV as it seems PowerDVD isn’t going to play them anymore from what I’ve read on these forums

Cheers, Shane
I only use it with English audio and Forced Subtitles. Can't report on other streams.

Tried an MKV set to original for both audio and visual and found it didn’t trigger 24fps making the film judder a little. Seems to me it’s running at 60fps. Is this normal in PowerDVD when using MKV? I know my .ISO files do and they’re as smooth as can be

Back