• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

List of UHDs currently UN-supported in AnyDVD

No Way Home From HK is aslo supported. Big thanks to the new version!

Code:
LABEL:    SPIDER-MAN_NO_WAY_HOME
OPD:    BD_c33f08bb6630
-----

Thanks for reporting this, roy1018.

Set for List removal next refresh.

T

You really should have looked in the status windows which clearly says "bad makemkv! unsinstall or update!"

Sorry for all the trouble. Totally should have read status window and I'm not wanting to upset you or SamuriHL, you guys do great work.

There are a number of extenuating circumstances:

I’m old and like to break stuff.

I’m always working on something else at the time and not focused. Click, click, click, get that rip going and move on.

Titles being locked is the norm for me and they have the same popup. Only the one and not the two but I did not notice, it just seemed like all the other many titles I’ve done for a long time now.

SamuriHL had helped me mess with using MakeMKV with an unfriendly drive some time ago and I’d not had any issue or need to use it.

I had even seen some of the posts about MakeMKV now working with AnyDVD but I was not interested in trying to use the unfriendly drive as it’s never been able to read a Disc my friendly drives can’t and did not look into it.

So MakeMKV had been there for a very long time and then I just updated AnyDVD like I often do and then there were popups when AnyDVD scanned the titles, like it almost always did and then I made the ISO with the Keep Protection option set and the ran scanner. Everything seemed just like it did days before when I scanned other locked titles, to me all I did was update AnyDVD. There was only the one popup and that should have clued me in and I guess I should read the status window every time but for how many ever titles I’d never needed to. The times I have looked at it, it’s always been the same.

I’m not sure you need to do anything in AnyDVD about it, if its too much trouble. It’s a better known issue now. Not sure if it would be harder to lock AnyDVD out of making rips and or if there would be a time when you would still want to make a rip anyway. Maybe list the issues on the popup or value showing the number of issues or maybe tweak the message or color to let you know it's just another locked disk. That is what the second (can't process this now) popup is doing, so I don't know.

I work on HMIs and I know how it can be with time limits and protecting users from random issues that they should not be doing anyway but we still spend lots of time with interlocks and they still find ways around them.

Users like to break stuff and use it in ways devs think are obviously incorrect. I did something similar with the scanner. I always used the built in ISO mount ever since it was added to Windows. Does everything I need, never any issues and don't need to install more apps. So it took testiles and I some time to figure out that was why the Scanner did not work. I still like the built in ISO mount better and have it set as the file type default, maybe that will break something later. :)

Last edited:
@Tanquen No worries at all. No one's upset in the least. Everything got sorted out and now AnyDVD is better for it. So no need to apologize or feel bad in any way. :)

1.0.8.3 RELEASED: MINIMUM VERSION!!!
AnyDVD 8.6.1.1: MINIMUM VERSION!!!

As you can see, I've updated AnyDVD Scanner and set a new minimum version. I've also set a new minimum version for AnyDVD to the 8.6.1.1 beta. Apologies for the inconvenience but this really needs to be our new baseline for the scanner going forward.

1.0.8.3 fixes the persistence of the popup killer. How the hell you people didn't find that bug before now is beyond me. :p It's been there for quite some time and was a copy and paste bug on my part. Let's just say my copy of the scanner is not impacted by such bugs which is why I didn't catch it. :)

@testiles I know this was short notice for a new scanner minimum version but my time this week is extremely limited and wanted to get all this set so we close off the last remaining loophole to create error OPD ID's.

1.0.8.3 fixes the persistence of the popup killer.
That is not the issue I had? I had to select Popup and Notepad to get popup to stick. If you just clicked popup it would not be selected the next time.

That is not the issue I had? I had to select Popup and Notepad to get popup to stick. If you just clicked popup it would not be selected the next time.

That is EXACTLY the issue you had. I fixed it.

I'm a huge Hitch fan, Forrestland, and can't wait to add these new UHD's to my home collection!

All 5 will be listed next refresh...

T

Gruv has been running a lot of sales. Think this set cost me around $40 including shipping and it showed up before release day.

Let me know if I did anything wrong. It’s been some time since I last posted here.

No I meant before you found it. That bug has been there a LONG time.

Sorry for all the trouble.

It's not trouble!!

What it is is a really good thing this "crack" was brought out!!

We were deliriously thinking we were bulletproof from bogus Id's... ;)

There was only the one popup and that should have clued me in and I guess I should read the status window every time but for how many ever titles I’d never needed to. The times I have looked at it, it’s always been the same.

I understand it may be tedious to look at every AnyDVD pop-up, but really in general it's a good idea.

You may think it's just reporting the same old "Please try later" for an unsupported UHD -- but it could be saying no connection to the AnyDVD Server or some other sporadic error that would be a real problem.

And this.

I've been asked why I have AnyDVD set up to always pop-up the Status window when a disc is mounted but that's exactly why I do.

I like to spot-check the result of what AnyDVD has done with the disc. Just for peace-of-mind that everything is ok.

Especially before I rip it to .iso.

I’m not sure you need to do anything in AnyDVD

James has, and that's a really good thing!

Not sure if... there would be a time when you would still want to make a rip anyway.

There is no scenario where creating an .iso when AnyDVD reports makeMKV is incompatible generates anything usable.

Maybe for a Blu-Ray that's not bus-protected -- but never for UHD's!!

I still like the built in ISO mount better and have it set as the file type default, maybe that will break something later.

Would be no problem when using the Scanner's ISO Modes -- they grab up the .iso file and mount them with VCD.

May be an issue if you pre-mount an .iso with Windows Mount then "Scan" the virtual drive instead.

I know this was short notice for a new scanner minimum version

It's ok, I was anticipating it.

Just waiting for the word -- to co-ordinate.

Will make my adjustments now...

... wanted to get all this set so we close off the last remaining loophole to create error OPD ID's.

I'm thinking the reasoning for making this new AnyDVD version baseline - which I totally agree with btw -- is to encourage Scanner users to upgrade their AnyDVD to one that prevents bogus rips.

Because the change regarding Rip-To-Image doesn't change anything with the actual Scanner processes, right?

It doesn't stop anyone from mounting a disc with an old makeMKV version installed and running the Scanner...

Question: Can the Scanner detect if AnyDVD is reporting incompatible makeMKV installed?

Does it "stop the presses" when it discovers this??

If it hadn't before, will the newest AnyDVD version make that possible to do?

Or does it maybe directly check the makeMKV version already?

Obviously no need to make a Scanner report based on bogus OPD Id's.

Or am I missing something?...

Let me know if I did anything wrong. It’s been some time since I last posted here.

No, your Scanner report was perfect!

Gruv has been running a lot of sales. Think this set cost me around $40 including shipping and it showed up before release day.

Appreciate the tip - I've already ordered them from Amazon.

Had never heard of Gruv but on looking now, they do have pretty good prices!!

I may very well order future UHD's from there, thanks! (y)

T

Last edited:
I'm thinking the reasoning for making this new AnyDVD version baseline - which I totally agree with btw -- is to encourage Scanner users to upgrade their AnyDVD to one that prevents bogus rips.

Correct. It's the only reason we force AnyDVD updates for UHD. Otherwise, we (meaning me with the scanner and you on the back end) don't really care what version users use as it normally has no bearing on the information we're trying to get.

Question: Can the Scanner detect if AnyDVD is reporting incompatible makeMKV installed?

No. I leave that to AnyDVD's domain. Because when AnyDVD gets into that state, there is no OPD ID generated at all. So from the scanner's perspective, it's an invalid disc because there's no OPD ID to process. IOW, it DOES stop the presses, as you put it, but not specifically because of the MakeMKV error.

Or am I missing something?...

Yes. :) See my answer above. The scanner won't create a report for a disc that has no OPD ID.

Popup fix working fine :)

Code:
LABEL:    HARRY_POTTER_CHAMBER_SECRETS
OPD:    BD_669474833fc0
-----
LABEL:    HARRY_POTTER_PHILOSOPHER_STONE
OPD:    BD_4dbf062b3f06
-----
[VERSION]
[/VERSION]
[REPORT]
vcsv3HXPA+MilKZyL7OEbq9lZkXHYhXB1s9FSHlHYc3b5hDmKno+LPhAS53RxjQ6ZHdfElZev8rRBqVzPawKehCkVMoScXBuubrM4JPAJYHDfu0/lqeJg6qhxaym+dsSLN6GG6Tq9OCl85IlTaau8TfZPM1LCI5ywI3K8xcvt0w8dOJz0Y0sxSOQ6YfG1E9swuMSH2z4iOFM8tmYH6jojkTr6adkB5a+n9EWpDt1nO53h0Uuo4/9rQUZ5Ad2KZewtM/RdXuGGcD64e9WQ0y7/Eqs6rOyjO7a0OqWUn7bidgblxkhMXGYMZBLibmfzQLvNGKUiuzfJQEhA2ed8ZbU71drUoJHM98zZ6sXa0wqP1N/U0Ag0qkItYCNaTVqlZFF2kfrHi3tsccrJdEznMdPNjxuePL/vegeBxDwZHZDsjwER+qY6O3NbTDOTTeuDX+L+sc4kiGmUpV7/F5SIlEFcwSg/zyUAx4JGRQ4TSqh6Vk=
[/REPORT]
-----

Status update:
Code:
LABEL:    WILLY_WONKA_CHOCOLATE_FACTORY
OPD:    BD_a2bf7d696302
-----
LABEL:    THE_MATRIX_RESURRECTIONS
OPD:    BD_6dba97793cc1
-----
LABEL:    PIRATES_1_CURSE_OF_BLACK_PEARL
OPD:    BD_c8bf9efbd8d3
-----
LABEL:    PIRATES_2_DEAD_MANS_CHEST
OPD:    BD_bfdfd5a53663
-----
LABEL:    PIRATES_3_AT_WORLDS_END
OPD:    BD_af2d916182d9
-----
LABEL:    PIRATES_4_ON_STRANGER_TIDES
OPD:    BD_365a391e9dea
-----
[VERSION]
[/VERSION]
[REPORT]
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
[/REPORT]
-----

Correct. It's the only reason we force AnyDVD updates for UHD. Otherwise, we (meaning me with the scanner and you on the back end) don't really care what version users use as it normally has no bearing on the information we're trying to get.

Well, yes kind of.

Generally, previous minimum AnyDVD releases had changes to the nature of how AnyDVD handles UHD's across the board, and directly affected Scanner outcome when it calls on AnyDVD to scan the disc/.iso and decrypt - or attempt to.

This particular change only affects Rip-To-Image, so nothing is changed in the normal AnyDVD scanning process that the Scanner calls up.

But yeah, indirectly, it is one more step to preventing bogus OPD's - in this case from .iso's incorrectly generated.

And agreed, for that reason should be used by anyone using .iso's in the Scanner.

So from the scanner's perspective, it's an invalid disc because there's no OPD ID to process. IOW, it DOES stop the presses, as you put it, but not specifically because of the MakeMKV error.
The scanner won't create a report for a disc that has no OPD ID.

That's super -- the outcome is the same as a check, no makeMKV compatibility, no OPD Id, no Scanner report!

Nothing better.

But there's a piece I'm missing here.

So, in an environment with incompatible makeMKV where a disc is mounted and the Scanner scans it, no OPD Id will be created by AnyDVD.

But if an .iso is created in that environment, mounted and read by the Scanner, it does produce an OPD ID??

Because all Tanquen's .iso's made that way apparently generated OPD's, though improperly, and the Scanner reported accordingly.

Is that right? Doesn't sound right.

Again, what am I not getting?

Popup fix working fine :)

Code:
LABEL:    HARRY_POTTER_CHAMBER_SECRETS
OPD:    BD_669474833fc0
-----
LABEL:    HARRY_POTTER_PHILOSOPHER_STONE
OPD:    BD_4dbf062b3f06
-----
Status update:
Code:
LABEL:    WILLY_WONKA_CHOCOLATE_FACTORY
OPD:    BD_a2bf7d696302
-----
LABEL:    THE_MATRIX_RESURRECTIONS
OPD:    BD_6dba97793cc1
-----
LABEL:    PIRATES_1_CURSE_OF_BLACK_PEARL
OPD:    BD_c8bf9efbd8d3
-----
LABEL:    PIRATES_2_DEAD_MANS_CHEST
OPD:    BD_bfdfd5a53663
-----
LABEL:    PIRATES_3_AT_WORLDS_END
OPD:    BD_af2d916182d9
-----
LABEL:    PIRATES_4_ON_STRANGER_TIDES
OPD:    BD_365a391e9dea
-----

Updates recorded.

Thanks, guys.

Blaz that's good to hear!

T

But there's a piece I'm missing here.

So, in an environment with incompatible makeMKV where a disc is mounted and the Scanner scans it, no OPD Id will be created by AnyDVD.

But if an .iso is created in that environment, mounted and read by the Scanner, it does produce an OPD ID??

Because all Tanquen's .iso's made that way apparently generated OPD's, though improperly, and the Scanner reported accordingly.

Is that right? Doesn't sound right.

Again, what am I not getting?

The fact that I have no idea how they created the ISO so there's absolutely NOTHING the scanner can or will do about it. That is what you're missing. As I said previously, this is AnyDVD's domain, not the scanner. If AnyDVD gives me an OPD ID, the scanner has to assume it knows what it's doing. What you ALSO need to understand is that OPD ID ends up in the OPD itself and is something RedFox has to deal with. Which is why I put it in the domain of AnyDVD to deal with because RedFox has a vested interest in protecting the OPD from this.

The fact that I have no idea how they created the ISO so there's absolutely NOTHING the scanner can or will do about it.

???

No, that's not what I was asking.

I was basically asking if AnyDVD doesn't produce any OPD's when makeMKV is invalid, why did the .iso's create them when they ran in the Scanner in Tanquen's environment?

Is it because an .iso will generate an OPD regardless of makeMKV availability but a disc won't?

That was my question.

It followed because you say the Scanner is relying on no OPD Id to be generated when makeMKV is not compatible.

If that's not the case, across the board, then we haven't quite sealed the door to bogus Id's listed yet.

Just trying to understand.

T

I was basically asking if AnyDVD doesn't produce any OPD's when makeMKV is invalid, why did the .iso's create them when they ran in the Scanner in Tanquen's environment?

You can't be seriously asking this question. What the hell does MakeMKV have to do with ISOs? AnyDVD only uses MakeMKV on *DISCS*. If an ISO is used, that's NOT a disc.

To FULLY put this to bed once and for all so that everyone is clear on this.

Older AnyDVD + Incompatible MakeMKV used to make ISO means corrupt ISO image. This is due to the situation that James just fixed where protected ISO's were still created in the case where AnyDVD gave an incompatible MakeMKV error but still allowed you to create a protected ISO.

In that scenario with the scanner using the disc, AnyDVD would not generate an OPD ID and the scanner would not create a report for the disc.

HOWEVER, and I think this is where the confusion seems to be coming from and needs to be explained.....

If you have a badly created protected ISO created from the above process, and then mount that ISO, AnyDVD WILL NOT use MakeMKV at ALL on that ISO because bus encryption has already been removed in order to create the ISO. All it does is try to decrypt it. In this case, because there's no bus encryption, AnyDVD will WRONGLY create an OPD ID for the corrupted ISO image. The scanner will then process it like any other disc. There IS NO MAKEMKV MESSAGE for a protected ISO. Ever. Because it's simply not used.

That is why I said I have no idea how the ISO is made and can't do anything about it. Because...I can't.

To FULLY put this to bed once and for all so that everyone is clear on this.

Older AnyDVD + Incompatible MakeMKV used to make ISO means corrupt ISO image. This is due to the situation that James just fixed where protected ISO's were still created in the case where AnyDVD gave an incompatible MakeMKV error but still allowed you to create a protected ISO.

In that scenario with the scanner using the disc, AnyDVD would not generate an OPD ID and the scanner would not create a report for the disc.

HOWEVER, and I think this is where the confusion seems to be coming from and needs to be explained.....

If you have a badly created protected ISO created from the above process, and then mount that ISO, AnyDVD WILL NOT use MakeMKV at ALL on that ISO because bus encryption has already been removed in order to create the ISO. All it does is try to decrypt it. In this case, because there's no bus encryption, AnyDVD will WRONGLY create an OPD ID for the corrupted ISO image. The scanner will then process it like any other disc. There IS NO MAKEMKV MESSAGE for a protected ISO. Ever. Because it's simply not used.

That is why I said I have no idea how the ISO is made and can't do anything about it. Because...I can't.

Ah, that explanation is exactly what I needed to understand.

Thanks.

Comes down to what I said (but thought I was wrong).

If there's incompatible makeMKV and a disc, no OPD Id, no Scanner output.

Incompatibility + badly-created .iso = bogus OPD.

But the way you explain it, it makes sense.

T

Back