• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

List of UHDs currently UN-supported in AnyDVD

It's odd, if I select pop-up and notepad it remembers notepad. If I select pop up again and close and reopen it then it remembers both. If I then clear both and restart it then pop up is there but not notepad.:)

I have no idea how you're code works but I've seen this kind of stuff in HMI development where we have a few different tags or registers holding what is going to be saved and what is currently selected and those getting out of sync.

Last edited:
While those are all releases from this year, I think, and some are new releases a number of those have had working OPDs for a little while now.

Yes but a working OPD doesn't preclude another non-working one.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems to be a trend that's forming. I believe all of those OPDs have only been reported by Tanquen.

Actually titles with no alternates are closer to the rule than the exception.

But I understand what you're saying, for so many titles it raises an eyebrow.

Death on the Nile and Mary Shelly's Frankenstein also seemed to be supported on release based on reports here other than the OPDs listed by Tanquen. ... Guess only time will tell on those titles.

Yeah, we'll see over time.

I'll keep an eye out.

I need to install a new version of MakeMKV whenever one comes out or just keep it active? Don't you have to get a new one every month or so to keep it working?

You're mixing up makeMKV beta keys with releases.

You only need to have minimally makeMKV 1.16.5 release installed and it will work with AnyDVD.

No need to install later releases for AnyDVD purposes.

I seem to remember James saying you don't have to update the beta key on makeMKV (if you don't have a license for it).

At least not for AnyDVD to continue to work with it.

Thanks for taking the time to add the pop-up option, but I don't think I'll ever remember to set it before I do it

As SamuriHL already said, it should only need to be set once.

Only time you should need to touch the Pop Up button again is if you want to disable it.

T

Code:
Title:   La La Land HDR DV
CoR:   ITA Italy
Vendor:   4Kult
LABEL:   LaLaLand_UHD
OPD:   BD_17b8497b45d1
-----
LABEL:   12 MONKEYS UHD
OPD:   BD_64b9d5935a1f
-----

La La Land added and 12 Monkeys updated.

You're now an alternate for 12 Monkeys.

T

ANyDVD is 8.6.0.3
I uninstalled MakeMKV and AnyDVD and then reinstalled AnyDVD and rebooted and all of the titles are still unsupported.

Sounds like you're good-to-go then! (y)

Hmm, with the amount of unsupported discs he has I'm starting to wonder if maybe something else is going on.

If it is, it's not bogus OPD's.

Since he has a proper AnyDVD release and has even removed makeMKV -- and is getting the same OPD Id's -- everything is likely legit here.

T

SIf it is, it's not bogus OPD's.

Since he has a proper AnyDVD release and has even removed makeMKV -- and is getting the same OPD Id's -- everything is likely legit here.

T

What could cause such an issue? Do we know how these are being scanned...disc or iso? I'm still curious if there is a commonality here and if these discs are from a particular retailer or such.

This all depends. If those are being checked on isos then changing versions of stuff won't make any difference. The original discs must be rechecked. Isos created with a bad process will remain bad.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

This all depends. If those are being checked on isos then changing versions of stuff won't make any difference. The original discs must be rechecked. Isos created with a bad process will remain bad.

Is that right?

I was thinking since it's a protected .iso and AnyDVD has to attempt to decrypt the disc all over again when mounted, changing the environment would get different results if there was a problem.

But if there was an issue the .iso's may not have had bus encryption properly removed, so will never work -- and may need to be replaced.

Good point!

@Tanquen do you still have any of the original discs around to re-check now that you've re-installed AnyDVD and removed makeMKV?

T

Last edited:
If the isos were created, e.g., when makemkv was active and anydvd didn't know about it, the iso created would not have had bus encryption but anydvd would have treated the disc as though it did. It would corrupt the data trying to bus decrypt data that wasn't bus encrypted. This would change the opd and create an image that could never be used. This is the very problem that anydvd was changed to solve by detecting that makemkv is installed and using it if it is.

Alternatively, depending on the process used to create the iso, if bus encryption was enabled at the time of creation and the tool used to create it didn't bus decrypt the data, that would also create an iso with a different opd id and can also never be decrypted.

So there are two scenarios where the protected isos could potentially be completely useless and throwing bad opd id's.

I've done it the same way for a long time the only changes where AnyDVD and Scanner.
MakeMKV may have been on only one of the boot drives but I've used both to make the ISOs. Always with the AnyDVD Rip To Image and with the keep protection option.
The Boot Drive with MakeMKV shows it was installed 9/30/2021.
The last title unlocked was Matrix Resurrections at the end of March and I added East Side Story at the same time.
The list being so long is suspect but the work flow did not change, only the versions of AnyDVD and Scanner changed.
I never saw any messages from AnyDVD about a conflict. If there was an issue, wouldn't it have always been there? Not just after a Windows/AnyDVD/Scanner update?
Shouldn't it be for all discs, not just some random ones. I'd need to check all the discs again or any disc should now have a bad OPD ID?

4 new titles and status update:
Code:
Title:    Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
CoR:    NLD Netherlands
LABEL:    PIRATES_1_CURSE_OF_BLACK_PEARL
OPD:    BD_c8bf9efbd8d3
-----
Title:    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
LABEL:    PIRATES_2_DEAD_MANS_CHEST
OPD:    BD_bfdfd5a53663
-----
Title:    Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
LABEL:    PIRATES_3_AT_WORLDS_END
OPD:    BD_af2d916182d9
-----
Title:    Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
LABEL:    PIRATES_4_ON_STRANGER_TIDES
OPD:    BD_365a391e9dea
-----
LABEL:    THE_MATRIX_RESURRECTIONS
OPD:    BD_6dba97793cc1
-----
LABEL:    SCREAM
OPD:    BD_cbb44d2720ec
-----
LABEL:    WILLY_WONKA_CHOCOLATE_FACTORY
OPD:    BD_a2bf7d696302
-----
[VERSION]
[/VERSION]
[REPORT]
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
[/REPORT]
-----

I've done it the same way for a long time the only changes where AnyDVD and Scanner.
MakeMKV may have been on only one of the boot drives but I've used both to make the ISOs. Always with the AnyDVD Rip To Image and with the keep protection option.
The Boot Drive with MakeMKV shows it was installed 9/30/2021.
The last title unlocked was Matrix Resurrections at the end of March and I added East Side Story at the same time.
The list being so long is suspect but the work flow did not change, only the versions of AnyDVD and Scanner changed.
I never saw any messages from AnyDVD about a conflict. If there was an issue, wouldn't it have always been there? Not just after a Windows/AnyDVD/Scanner update?
Shouldn't it be for all discs, not just some random ones. I'd need to check all the discs again or any disc should now have a bad OPD ID?

The changes for AnyDVD and MakeMKV to play nice together are recent. So any ISOs made prior to when AnyDVD and MakeMKV played nice together would most definitely be corrupt if MakeMKV was used to scan a disc prior to using AnyDVD's rip to Image function, keep protection or not. AnyDVD would have corrupted the ISO and created a bogus OPD ID in the process. Yes, you'll need to check all the currently unsupported ISOs against their original disc and ensure the OPD ID is the same. I recommend using the scanner on the original discs and posting a scan report so we can compare.

4 new titles and status update:
Code:
Title:    Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
LABEL:    PIRATES_1_CURSE_OF_BLACK_PEARL
OPD:    BD_c8bf9efbd8d3
-----
Title:    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
LABEL:    PIRATES_2_DEAD_MANS_CHEST
OPD:    BD_bfdfd5a53663
-----
Title:    Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
LABEL:    PIRATES_3_AT_WORLDS_END
OPD:    BD_af2d916182d9
-----
Title:    Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
LABEL:    PIRATES_4_ON_STRANGER_TIDES
OPD:    BD_365a391e9dea
-----
LABEL:    THE_MATRIX_RESURRECTIONS
OPD:    BD_6dba97793cc1
-----
LABEL:    SCREAM
OPD:    BD_cbb44d2720ec
-----
LABEL:    WILLY_WONKA_CHOCOLATE_FACTORY
OPD:    BD_a2bf7d696302
-----

Coeno, 4 Pirate titles added and the others updated.

there are two scenarios where the protected isos could potentially be completely useless and throwing bad opd id's.

If the isos were created, e.g., when makemkv was active and anydvd didn't know about it, the iso created would not have had bus encryption but anydvd would have treated the disc as though it did.

I believe this is what we used to run across in the past, AnyDVD scanning a drive that has LIbreDrive active and hiccuping.

Now thankfully both work together.

Alternatively, depending on the process used to create the iso, if bus encryption was enabled at the time of creation and the tool used to create it didn't bus decrypt the data, that would also create an iso with a different opd id and can also never be decrypted.

I'm assuming you mean a tool other than AnyDVD didn't remove bus encryption properly when an .iso was created.

I don't think that was as common an error.

But would definitely screw the pooch as well - lol.

... Always with the AnyDVD Rip To Image and with the keep protection option.

Good.

So If there is any real issue it would have to be using an older version of AnyDVD with LibreDrive present on the drive at the time, I guess.

BTW, makeMKV would have to be in use, not just installed.

I know you said you have an old version somewhere but didn't get the impression you were using it...

If you were using a recent AnyDVD release with an old version of makeMKV it couldn't work with, it would tell you. And you said you have no error messages...

The changes for AnyDVD and MakeMKV to play nice together are recent.

I don't know when the .iso's were actually made but all Tanquen's titles on the List right now were submitted between March 8 and May 2.

Making it very possible AnyDVD/makeMKV "co-operation" was in effect at the time of .iso creation...

Yes, you'll need to check all the currently unsupported ISOs against their original disc and ensure the OPD ID is the same. I recommend using the scanner on the original discs and posting a scan report

I agree.

Just to be on the safe side.

Tanquen, if you don't have time to re-check all 17 discs right now, at least try a few to see if they generate the same results.

T

Last edited:
I believe this is what we used to run across in the past, AnyDVD scanning a drive that has LIbreDrive active and hiccuping.

Now thankfully both work together.

Right but this is THE premiere source of bad OPD ID's and people waiting forever for titles to be supported but never will be.

I'm assuming you mean a tool other than AnyDVD didn't remove bus encryption properly when an .iso was created.

I don't think that was as common an error.

But would definitely screw the pooch as well - lol.

Yes. Anything used that doesn't remove bus protection would create an unusable ISO, as well. Those are the two scenarios where protected ISO images would be useless.

I don't know when the .iso's were actually made but all Tanquen's titles on the List right now were submitted between March 8 and May 2.

Making it very possible AnyDVD/makeMKV "co-operation" was in effect at the time of .iso creation...

Assuming everything was updated. Which is no guarantee.

Right but this is THE premiere source of bad OPD ID's and people waiting forever for titles to be supported but never will be.

Definitely!

At least, it was before recent AnyDVD changes.

Anything used that doesn't remove bus protection would create an unusable ISO, as well.

Right.

No bueno.

Like using ImgBurn (on its own) to try to create a "protected" .iso - lol.

Assuming everything was updated. Which is no guarantee.

Assuming AnyDVD was updated at the time (which we don't know for sure - it is now though).

If it was up-to-date but makeMKV wasn't, AnyDVD would have given an error message.

And there was none according to Tanquen.

T

Code:
LABEL:   Dracula_Untold
OPD:   BD_20052098ab98
-----
LABEL:   INCEPTION
OPD:   BD_bf29588960be
-----
LABEL:   PACIFIC_RIM
OPD:   BD_ae69c071a87b
-----
Title:   Valerian
CoR:   AUS Australia
LABEL:   VALERIAN
OPD:   BD_a8e16353fffa
-----
[VERSION]
[/VERSION]
[REPORT]
rxLXGT3UMj/M178CRT3oXizVDBHM45qY8oeK/XnVsQ+EjUutSOmXYD/Zq9fbJ6bH2BxxqcJVKtMS09nPKUTJkphHPaUHRfqrZ4FlusO813hV7ZL5qZsTRFEzPOEErAJQL/DXHqfRIAUXfZjXkdxTqxr3jGLFYK9z9tT46u34J9ccqm8KDrq6UTKEY8moGJDvJaY4xUY4MwSz2I6ty5lbbxg78MlQiEdcwwo903ypZITKiuwmSRywtdhp3isknwHoGiMZCS1M0Zl4ebN/Cvsg0DLAjlNWvML5hPKONtCnV93HqQnyHh4JDx43LDDBm7lYoUDVK2Mks50aUVAV5ewNJKL6sl/M4P9JU7P+e/0CbBS+SayYmhkXZMUXu4s6lT/X2WYngNXJJHqh+3XklNVLGyGEyNbsi778scvpPLKE98zuYr4n6bxJO0oxeZS7hjeQudgrMRfzI9Z/jvdwXHFVDZgPiOycFPmhN6+qv7c9jlMwZxfo7PuCOE+7dGxxqBbQuTNtNjIP9m5LY0WK53npK45NxiOj5JDJhoFgll6/xOEu2jT2n/BsJAVhISjaSmIn6yWPQ2u5e06q0nSI9cEcBa7A8Yq0WIUQfckUSFZDu75X6TySgfCOIwTEheSc10MCqzEEJ0vhG0mTtsrgw0nEIr0LHoJqOjUJmSjsDJEMJBHxJtsEriHHBpfDyo13Ij+ySmWr8rVvSeYNkTPJDjQprUvQVjGjhaHS5vYWKbbxPSwk2g9kis9n+NRsM3QI6CzrDiqv3H0BaydOjJyisKBfhA==
[/REPORT]
-----

If it was up-to-date but makeMKV wasn't, AnyDVD would have given an error message.
I'll have to check a disc.

So everything was working. MakeMKV was installed and not being used for about a year and then I updated AnyDVD and Scanner a few times until March. Then whatever updates to AnyDVD/Scanner/Windows, AnyDVD made bad ISOs there after but there never was a message from AnyDVD before or after. I was definitely not running MakeMKV and the drive region was not "Drive (Hardware) Region: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8" so I'm not sure what happened.

I don't know what versions of AnyDVD I was on but I update fairly often checking the forum for a new version and vesions 8.6.0.0 or 8.6.0.3 made the last few ISOs. There was never a error message that I saw... unless it just pops up for a moment and lets you make the ISO?

I wish I had known or remembered that Rip To Image with Protection could still give you a bad ISO and OPD ID's. But it had always worked and all I did was update AnyDVD without changing anything else.

What version of AnyDVD stop working if MakeMKV has been installed and what version fixed it? Even after it was fixed, did you need uninstall/reinstall both to fix it?

Code:
LABEL:   Dracula_Untold
OPD:   BD_20052098ab98
-----
LABEL:   INCEPTION
OPD:   BD_bf29588960be
-----
LABEL:   PACIFIC_RIM
OPD:   BD_ae69c071a87b
-----
Title:   Valerian
CoR:   AUS Australia
LABEL:   VALERIAN
OPD:   BD_a8e16353fffa
2g9kis9n+NRsM3QI6CzrDiqv3H0BaydOjJyisKBfhA==
[/REPORT]
-----

salteran, Valerian added and the other titles are updated, thanks.

Valerian, that's an oldie but goodie!

In fact, this OPD was already reported in January but rolled off the List the following month when that poster disappeared.

I'm glad you picked it up and (re-)listed it.

I'll have to check a disc.

The best way is to run it through the Scanner and let it sort out whether the OPD has changed or not...

If it's changed and it's not supported, it will make a new submission for the title.

If it changed and it is supported it won't generate a report (unless it now matches a different OPD on the List).

If the OPD hasn't changed, it will create a normal update.

Then whatever updates to AnyDVD/Scanner/Windows, AnyDVD made bad ISOs there after but there never was a message from AnyDVD before or after.

Are we sure now they're bad .iso's??

I was definitely not running MakeMKV and the drive region was not "Drive (Hardware) Region: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8" so I'm not sure what happened.

So probably no active LibreDrive mucking things up then.

I don't know what versions of AnyDVD I was on but I update fairly often checking the forum for a new version and vesions 8.6.0.0 or 8.6.0.3 made the last few ISOs.

That's a good thing.

There was never a error message that I saw... unless it just pops up for a moment and lets you make the ISO?

I'm starting to think if there was an issue it was that AnyDVD was the new updated version and was picking up your old makeMKV and trying to use it.

If so there would be a message like this in the AnyDVD Status window...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size: 47196544 sectors (92180 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: GODFATHER_CODA_UHD_WW
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 76
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
Incompatible LibreDrive! Please uninstall or update MakeMKV!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know whether this automatically pops up or not because I have AnyDVD set to pop up the Status of every disc I mount, so it always showed up for me -- until I upgraded makeMKV.

Not sure it will pop up if that AnyDVD option's not set (copied this status report from another thread so can't test).

But for sure you would see that message when checking AnyDVD status.

unless it just pops up for a moment and lets you make the ISO?

Good question.

I wish I had known or remembered that Rip To Image with Protection could still give you a bad ISO and OPD ID's.

Seems like Rip-To-Image shouldn't allow the rip if you get the incompatible LibreDrive message.

Maybe it does if you are doing an encrypted rip?

Have no idea.

I wish I could test it, but right now have no access to old makeMKV versions to try it out.

all I did was update AnyDVD without changing anything else.

Ok.

Worse case scenario you were using the recent version and it picked up your old installed makeMKV and didn't work, giving the message above but you didn't catch it and went forward with the Rip-To-Image...

What version of AnyDVD stop working if MakeMKV has been installed and what version fixed it?

The earliest AnyDVD version that utilized LibreDrive was 8.5.9.0 as I recall.

Any version before that didn't care about makeMKV installation but would misfire if LibreDrive was active on a drive it scanned.

8.5.9.0 (and beyond) worked with makeMKV but it was not mandatory for it to be installed.

However if it was, it had to be release 1.16.5 or greater or you'd get the message above.

did you need uninstall/reinstall both to fix it?

If makeMKV was removed or a new version installed probably a good idea to re-boot and start again.

If you have external drives, make sure to power cycle them too.

T

Last edited:
Back