• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

List of UHDs currently UN-supported in AnyDVD

Status report:

Code:
LABEL:    WILLY_WONKA_CHOCOLATE_FACTORY
OPD:    BD_a2bf7d696302
-----

Updated.

Thanks, Coeno.

Yes, I created a new protected ISO from the disc and the new ISO worked correctly when mounted and the scanner matched the supported BD_* value.

Ah, so that error was a one-of thing.

... a validation option to compare the BD_* value of the source and ISO after the protected ISO is created.

I guess that would be a good check as long as you eject/close or reboot the drive before comparing the OPD Id's of the original and the .iso created.

Because if LibreDrive is in effect both the original and the .iso will show the same incorrect OPD.

Just wondering if the US version of Almost Famous is supported.
I don't own it yet, just checking.

The problem with answering this question is there isn't necessarily a single US version.

Because someone has a US version that is supported is no guarantee that the one you purchase will be the same supported version.

We've seen multiple versions of a title for one country many times here on this thread.

T

If the bus decryption on the source drive no workie, that second read should be different than what's in the ISO.
Not if the drive has still a "hangover". "Hangover"=no bus encryption at all. Result would be the same.

Normally when I get a new disc, if AnyDVD HD doesn't support it then I use Makemkv to make a decrypted backup so I can use CloneBD without waiting. ;-) I probably should create my protected ISO(s) first.
Stupid question: Is Libredrive mandatory for use with MakeMKV even with "friendly" drives?

Stupid question: Is Libredrive mandatory for use with MakeMKV even with "friendly" drives?
Yes, it is mandatory for UHD discs even with friendly drives. These drives have to be flashed with patched firmware so Libredrive can bypass some firmware functions. The friendly drives need to have the same status regarding firmware as if you want to use them for UHDs with AnyDVD.

LibreDrive gets used if the drive is on a compatible firmware. UHD's won't work at all without it.

This is new. Once upon a time MakeMKV worked with friendly drives without libredrive.

It still COULD for blu-ray. But it can't at all for UHD. But if the drive is on a compatible firmware (and it checks) LibreDrive automagically gets used.

This is new. Once upon a time MakeMKV worked with friendly drives without libredrive.
Yes. With older firmware it worked w/o having to patch them. But with newer it's required since quite some time.

Yes. With older firmware it worked w/o having to patch them. But with newer it's required since quite some time.

That's not what James was saying. This has nothing to do with the firmware. He's referring to the fact that MakeMKV now enforces using LibreDrive on friendly drives when previously it didn't.

I know this information isn't new to some people but others may benefit from it being posted.

As mentioned in earlier posts, the basic requirement when using MakeMKV is to open and close the drive tray after MakeMKV is no longer running.
The more thorough step is to power-cycle the drive if external or shut down and then power on the computer if the drive is internal.

Test:
Clean boot after full shutdown
AnyDVD enabled, drive set to region 1 and reading disc properly
Launch MakeMKV which automatically selected the drive with disc inserted. LibreDrive shows enabled.
Close MakeMKV
Disable/Enable AnyDVD via tray icon menu to re-process disc
* AnyDVD shows the disc is not supported
Status shows drive regions 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Open/Close disc tray
Disc shows supported and drive still shows regions 1-8
Disable/Enable AnyDVD, no change

It seems a power down of the drive is required to completely reset the altered drive settings after using MakeMKV, but the disc hash seemed to be correct as long as the drive tray is opened/closed after MakeMKV is no longer running.
One time I opened/closed the tray too fast and AnyDVD (maybe Windows didn't detect it so no disc change event) didn't seem to detect the open/close so there was no re-scan of the disc. Maybe this is what happened for my bad protected ISO is that I did the open/close too fast and didn't notice there was no re-scan?

I tried a warm reboot of Windows and the drive still showed regions 1-8 after rebooting, until I did a full shutdown and then it went back to region 1. :-(
I guess that's where an external drive would come in handy so it could be power-cycled separately.

I did experience another issue possibly caused by LibreDrive remnants. In this state with all regions set, when I browsed the disc folders in Windows Explorer and then closed Windows Explorer, the disc acted like it went into an ejected status after a little bit.
They should store the original drive settings when the program opens and then restore any changed drive settings when the application closes.

Taking this back to what this thread is about, this is why we say MakeMKV and AnyDVD don't mix when generating these reports. Because if we have a LibreDrive "hangover" as I call it, the OPD ID that's generated will be wrong and you'll end up with something that can NEVER be decrypted. Then poor testiles has to track it for the duration until it falls off the list. To avoid that, always power cycle the drive after using LibreDrive before using AnyDVD and the scanner to generate reports.

That's not what James was saying. This has nothing to do with the firmware. He's referring to the fact that MakeMKV now enforces using LibreDrive on friendly drives when previously it didn't.
This is also not completely correct. For instance Libredrive works with the old ASUS Firmware 3.01 without any patch.

Sam,

I don't want to get in any fight. Nor with you and neither with anybody else. I was just stating my experience from history. This is all about to improve methods to rip UHDs.

Code:
Title:   Hitmans Wifes BodyGuard
CoR:   USA US
Vendor:   Best Buy
LABEL:   HITMANS_WIFES_BODYGUARD
OPD:   BD_fe0ef3e8dfa3
-----
[VERSION]
[/VERSION]
[REPORT]
yw7nFEFGA2H/hPm/Mg241cYExu5yGwS/ppw7EOJ/R45PdbxsbtMr6rPXwSU9uxCsEgAtSxTXmamhNGuNP/0KG/lnpz0t2bAQphodF26/+aSBiXdDsZn8jFTfkE0MrTALJNIRrVUI/Ky9Mz2WfZ6bLZesvdAcXtQ+vDcH21mDweiCHJ+TqjR3LiHebtmw/HznGx1WBUeZcfOf/J6bJA2goj5p4vT7EHmx2lpYVQCTwfCuHciCyiJUiSg89azjJ/NU5HqWRXsFtAO5dq0+tzpVN0hahZO7gwAWhjT0zCnQs2Dn68vn6cm7bvu5X9uNf8tsqKdptQQvBPmiZmSQhyio/R0f/piQJxWDH8WLz7sqnyG4EW4XF6ZuUXi4IEbkUgcH
[/REPORT]
-----

... Then poor testiles has to track it for the duration until it falls off the list.

Funny.

But not poor me -- poor person who is waiting for the defective .iso to be supported.

Our sympathies should lie with him 'cause he's waiting for an event that will never happen! :=)

So, guys, really for your own sake -- and for the sake of keeping the List accurate and free of bogus OPD's:

--- Please keep any makeMKV and Scanner processing completely separate and isolated by doing as SamuriHL suggests below...

... always power cycle the drive after using LibreDrive [and] before using AnyDVD and the scanner to generate reports.

... And I'll add...

... and before making your protected .iso's with AnyDVD.

Absolutely!

Amen! :=)

Code:
Title:   Hitmans Wifes BodyGuard
CoR:   USA US
Vendor:   Best Buy
LABEL:   HITMANS_WIFES_BODYGUARD
OPD:   BD_fe0ef3e8dfa3
-----

Got you, True!

Look for it in tonight's List posting.

T

Last edited:
I've refreshed the List.

The title with Unknown Support Status is set to leave the List end-of-day Sunday, 8/22 without further updates.

T

Back